Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: Project C.U.T.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperflesh
    Which is fine! I like it like this and I wouldn't want it changed. But if someone wanted to, I don't think it would take much effort to place it in (say) Victorian London,...
    Oh, is this supposed to be set in the modern day? I'd actually pictured it set somewhere very like Victorian London...maybe just because so many of the most famous stories of children crossing over into the realm of the imagination are set either there and then (Lewis Carroll, JM Barrie) or there and maybe 20 years later (AA Milne, ...er, I was going to put CS Lewis here, but I checked and I'm still off 30 years or so...but still).

Anyway, the Victorian/Edwardian eras certainly seem like a golden age of "ordinary children daydream and it runs away with them" fiction. I don't think CUTE has to specify an era, but that seems a natural one.

"Pseudo-Midieval", like a regular D&D game, seems fine too...little children pretend to be like their elders and go off on adventures of their own. (I guess I was imagining a world like this one when I pictured the possibility of revisiting the characters as grown-ups in a later campaign). Yes, a world where noticeable numbers of children read would be pseudo-midieval with an emphasis on the pseudo, but so would one where noticeable numbers of mercenary fighters read, and D&D already has that.
    My latest homebrew: Gastrus

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually, Belboz, my original conception of some aspects of C.U.T.E., particularly the somewhat darker ones, did involve victorian london; I'm working on a Ratcatcher class in another browser tab that works with that.

The reason C.U.T.E. is based on the modern era is mainly the influences we've been using; Calvin and Hobbes, among others. I, personally, agree with you, but victorian-era fiction about children whose imaginations ran away with them tends to be either stilted or rather dark, and there was a big debate about tone.

Anyways; let me know what you think of the ratcatcher once it's done.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, the way the Imaginal Plane is set up, it's possible for kids who are somehow Sundered from their physical selves to still be running around for centuries. I imagine they'd be awfully powerful though, unless some sort of Equalizier was put into effect.

That and it could potentially be possible for the Imaginal Plane to have a complete unstability as far as relative time to the Material planes. Meaning, kids from various eras can get in and interact with kids from other time periods.

4. - Top - End - #394

Quote Originally Posted by Eukrin
    Well, the way the Imaginal Plane is set up, it's possible for kids who are somehow Sundered from their physical selves to still be running around for centuries. I imagine they'd be awfully powerful though, unless some sort of Equalizier was put into effect.

That and it could potentially be possible for the Imaginal Plane to have a complete unstability as far as relative time to the Material planes. Meaning, kids from various eras can get in and interact with kids from other time periods.
    That's how I was picturing it anyway; different locales on the Imaginal plane correspond not only to different locations in space, but also different locations in time.

5. - Top - End - #395

Ratcatcher
    While some precocious children dwell in lighted mansions or stately homes on the cobblestone streets of London and its suburbs, and pretty bonnets and well-shined patent leather shoes are their lot, there are others not so lucky.
    Some of these children, grubby, unlucky, become Ratcatchers.
    Ratcatching, the profession, is quite seperate from Ratcatcher, the class; the former is a common practice among the unfed lean-and-hungry young of England; the latter is a secretive group of those who command and control the world underneath the streets.
    Adventure:
    Like so much else in their lives, adventure is less of a choice for a Ratcatcher and more a way of life. The alleyways and redbrick sewers are a dangerous world where few but the strong or cunning survive. An adventurous temperant, then, is the natural companion of a surviving member of the class and culture.
    Characteristics:
    A Ratcatcher is a quintessential oppurtunist, falling through the cracks of even the most carefully planned assault or trap. Their abilities in stealth, deception, and combat are bolstered by a natural connection to some aspects of their home and a certain degree of leadership prowess.
    Alignment:
    Ratcatchers seldom tolerate high-flown ideals or rigid strictures of behavior long; therefore, they are more often neutral than good, and more often chaotic than otherwise. A few exceptions, of course, exist- noble rat-kings persist in rumor and legend.
    Religion:
    Few Ratcatchers are actively religious; those who display any faith at all more often than not choose to do so through personal mantras, not organized religion.
    Background:
    Most Ratcatchers were born to the streets and have lived there all their lives; fleeing factory work, death at the hands of older toughs, or persecution for their heritage or birth, they fall into the well-paid but dangerous trade and gradually sink into the world beneath the world. Imagination is their only escape from despair; and despair is ultimately their death, for those who die. Unnoticed and more often than not unnoticable for the people of the world above, the Ratcatcher is a perpetual stranger.
    Some few break this mold; children of privelege cast out of their existence by misfortune or ill deeds- these tend to be embittered by their lot more than those born to it.
    Other Classes:
    Ratcatchers work well with any class that can hold its own in battle, talk out of trouble, and skulk and pussyfoot as well as can they. Among people their age, they often find such are rare, and thus, many Ratcatcher s prefer to function alone as a scout or supporter.
    Role:
    A Ratcatchers primary role is to remove already-weakened threats, striking when oppurtunity presents itself; he may also be the one to sustain the party due to his resistance to some forms of attack, and occasionally he manages to talk the party out of trouble that might otherwise mire it.

Game Rule Information coming.
    As soon as I finish dinner.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Barbarian in the Playground

How about a "gross kid" PrC? Like I said earlier, I don't know anything about class creation, but ideas I can do. He can throw boogers, fart, pee in his pants, burp, etc. Good idea? If someone likes it, feel free to take it and run with it.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Alright, I made some more revisions and added a table, tell me what you think.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

Gentlemen (and ladies), I present to you my own rendition of a panlid champion, even though it sucks.

Look Mommy, it's a link!
    If you have made an avatar for me, do not worry. I have them saved. Your work was not wasted. The reason I am not showing them right now may be because I feel they should be shown off at a better point in time.&&&&Orange Zergling doll by Sneak.

9. - Top - End - #399

No comments on the pillow fort? :-[
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

10. - Top - End - #400

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemistmerlin
    No comments on the pillow fort? :-[
    I liked it, sorry! I missed the post for some reason. x_x;

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

I liked it too, I just forgot to post about it... v.v
    If you have made an avatar for me, do not worry. I have them saved. Your work was not wasted. The reason I am not showing them right now may be because I feel they should be shown off at a better point in time.&&&&Orange Zergling doll by Sneak.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

The pillow fort is cool. I like the drawing of it, too, but what's the pair of briefs for?

EDIT: Aah, I see. :)
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Orc in the Playground

It's a flag.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Monkey See, Monkey Do
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: 4
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft.+5 ft/2 levels)
    Target: 1 creature
    Duration: 2 rounds/level
    Saving Throw: Will Negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell compels the target to mimic the actions of the caster. The target will follow the caster around, repeat the caster's speech (even if the target doesn't understand the caster's language, the target will say the words), and imitate the caster's actions as well as physically possible. If the caster engages in battle, the target will attack the same foe. If the caster performs an action that the target wouldn't ordinarily do (such as jumping off a cliff, or attacking the target's best friend) then the target gets another will save to break the effects of Monkey See, Monkey Do. If affected by another mind-affecting effect, then the Monkey See, Monkey Do effect ends.
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

I like the idea on the Ratcatcher, and I'm interested to know what niche it will embody. Rogue? Bard?

The pillow fort, and the accompanying picture, were too awesome.

16. - Top - End - #406

Thanks everyone. More drawings should be on their way as soon as I finish this philosophy paper.
    "So...the orphan attacked you?
    "Aye"
    "And so you cut him down with your axe in self defense."
    "Aye..."
    "I don't believe you."
    "Damn...would ye believe that th' orphan was an alien?"
    "No"
    "Damn."

17. - Top - End - #407
    Pixie in the Playground

*giggles at Monkey See Monkey Do*

Reminds me of "Stop copying me!" ... which someone should really do. XD

18. - Top - End - #408

Ok this might be somewhere between a skill, a bunch of different skills, or a feat... I will need some help on mechanics.

Imaginary Imbue Object [Skill, Wis]

By use of this skill the child may take any mundane object and imbue it with imagination to have the effects of any "real" object. The child simply picks up the item and declares what it is. Upon passing a skill check (see below) everyone present accepts it is in fact what he says it is. If the item affects more than him personally, he child must declare what the item is to all opponants who have not seen it before for it to function in each encounter (for example a fire resistant belt would not need to be declared again unless called on, but a sword would be.)
    Success depends on a number of factors. Firstly, the item needs to resemble the object it is to be. For instance a stick makes a perfectly servicable wand, sword or gun, but not dog. Use a rule of thumb for the base DC:
    Almost exact resemblance: DC 5
    Good resemblance: DC 10
    Poor resemblance: DC 15
    No Resemblance: DC 20

Mundane items can be created at base DC. Objects can be given magical properties by adding 1 point of DC for every 1000 gold peices of their purchase price.

The child may also add any bluff bonus to their roll.

A few examples:

Timmy has 3 ranks in Imaginary Imbue Object and a +2 Wis bonus, with +2 Bluff, for a total bonus to IIO of +7.
    Upon encountering a group of mean stuffed dragons he flourishes his blanket worn as a cape and declares it to be a Cloak of Fire Resistance 10/-. Assuming the base cost of this item would be 5000 gold, and the blanket looks like a cape, his DC would be 15. (If it really looked like it would resist fire, for instance if it had a picture of flame with a circle and line through it, it would be DC10. Obviously it is a fire resistant cloak.)
    Needing a weapon to defeat his opponants, he picks up a short stick with a sharp bend in it. Trying to sound impressive, Timmy decides to call it a great sword +3. It is a poor resemblance, and the value of the item is 9*2000=18,000. That gives it a DC of 15+18=33. Timmy fails miserably. Had he called it a kama +2, he might have had a DC of 10 (good resemblance) + 8 for enhancement, so DC 18. Easy to believe.
    Spoiler
    Show

Logic Ninja : Oh my god that was beautiful. Man. I... wow. This thread can be locked now, Wehrkind won it. Here
    "We know Elvis is dead for any relevant values of certain." - BWL
    I am now offering conversion to my Church of Stabiclese, Neutral God of Buffing Up and Whacking Things, Regardless of Facing. All those who love either "Buffing Up" or "Whacking Things" and don't particularly care about which direction the target is facing at the time are welcome!

19. - Top - End - #409

That's a really neat idea, Wehrkind, but I worry that's it a bit too far-reaching and powerful for a skill.
    Also, I'm a little ambiguous on this; does it actually function as the object it's being declared as? Or is it simply accepted as such?
    Does this follow the rules for disbelieving illusions, perhaps?

20. - Top - End - #410

Sorry for the back to back posts, but the previous was SO long I didn't want to confuse people. Counter skill to IIO.

Nu-uh! [Skill, Cha]

Using Nu-Uh gives a child a opposed roll in response to another child delcaring an Imaginary Imbue Object. The child declaring Nu-Uh rolls against three times the difference between his opponants IIO roll and the DC. For example, if Timmy above declared his Fire Resistant Cape 10/- with DC 15 and rolled a 16 +7 bonus for a total of 23, the dragons would have to roll against a DC 24 to shoot it down.

If the Nu-Uh! is successful, the child using IIO may redeclare his item again at a -2 (cumulative) to succeed, changing the stats as he sees fit. To follow the example above, if the dragons beat the DC 24 for the cloak, Timmy can restate it as a lesser fire resist cape of 5/-, lowing the DC to 12 and rerolling with a -2.

These might be somewhat game defining mechanics, so I completely understand if they need nerfed.

Edit: Yea, they really are pretty far reaching. The only real limiting factor would be how much the players don't feel like declaring a pile of crap all the time, and judicious use of "Nu-uh!."

And yes, it IS what it is declared as, unless they pull a Nu-uh!. I would probably say that everyone gets an untrained use of Nu-Uh! though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Logic Ninja : Oh my god that was beautiful. Man. I... wow. This thread can be locked now, Wehrkind won it. Here
    I am now offering conversion to my Church of Stabiclese, Neutral God of Buffing Up and Whacking Things, Regardless of Facing. All those who love either "Buffing Up" or "Whacking Things" and don't particularly care about which direction the target is facing at the time are welcome!

21. - Top - End - #411

I remember a few children's books involve crossing between times, so allowing the Imaginal Plane to do that is probably not a problem at all.

Also, an interesting prestige class idea might be the Child Prodigy, a child like Mozart who is exponentially talented, but suffers when around other children and has deficiency in Imagination, among other things.

Incredibly GAR avatar by Ninja_Chocobo.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Pixie in the Playground

(Ahem, jawbreakers?)

Concerning street kids: I was one, though I still had both my parents. Don't try to tell me they exist only in 3rd world countries.
    The Little Dungeon-taking over the forums, one post at a time.&&New avvie by Earin the Faceninja! kudos and cookies!&&Free food!&&Owner and operator of the Town daycare. Come visit us soon!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
    That's a really neat idea, Wehrkind, but I worry that's it a bit too far-reaching and powerful for a skill.
    Also, I'm a little ambiguous on this; does it actually function as the object it's being declared as? Or is it simply accepted as such?
    Does this follow the rules for disbelieving illusions, perhaps?
    I agree, although I really like the *idea*.

Maybe a spell? With a scaling XP cost instead of a DC? That would cut down on overuse, but could still be really useful in emergencies.

BTW, I personally *love* the fluff (and anxiously await the crunch) for the Ratcatcher. Although, of course, you know my feelings about the dark/light spectrum, so that's perhaps not much of a surprise.
    My latest homebrew: Gastrus

24. - Top - End - #414
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The Pillow Warrior

The mighty warrior of the bedroom, conquerer of covers, and destroying of boogy monsters, the pillow warrior is a foe to be reckoned with. Wielding his mighty pillow, the warrior can take harmless techniques and turn them into devastating combat maneuvers devastating even the greatest bedtime foe. ;)
    Adventures: Pillow Warriors rarely venture past their bedroom door, for that is where the worst of their foes lie. Though, they may venture out for a night to best their rival at a 'sleepover'.
    Characteristics: The pillow warrior is usually haughty and egoistic, believing none can match their prowess. With their pillow fighting skills, they can wreak havoc for any parent, anytime.
    Alignment: Pillow warriors can be of any alignment, as long as they're lawful. They use honor and chivalry, always doing the right thing if possible.
    Religion: Pillow Warriors may worship any deity, though usually worship Kord or Heronious.
    Background: Pillow warriors arise from a hostile upbringing, usually caused by boisterous siblings and rough and tough friends.
    Races: Pillow warriors are usually humans, though they may be of any race. Any race with pillows that is.
    Other classes: Pillow warriors get along well with Panlid Champions, Storybook Heroes, and Tantrum Throwers, who understand their need of a bedtime hierarchy.
    Role: Pillow warriors may take the role of the hardy thug, or of the disciplined warrior, and their versatility allows them to fill almost any combat role.
    Hit Dice: d10

Requirements
    Alignment: Any Lawful
    Skills: Intimidate 6 Ranks, Hold it 6 Ranks
    Feats: Dramatic Pose, Weapon Focus (Pillow)
    Base Attack Bonus: +5

Class Skills:
    The pillow warrior’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Hold it (Con)

Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier

Code:
    Level *BAB *Fort *Ref *Will *Special Abilities
     *1 * *+1 * *+2 * +0 * *+0 * Pillow Expertise, Devastating Smack
     *2 * *+2 * *+3 * +0 * *+0 * Pillow Defense +1
     *3 * *+3 * *+3 * +1 * *+1 * Improved Devastating Smack
     *4 * *+4 * *+4 * +1 * *+1 * Pillow Defense +2
     *5 * *+5 * *+4 * +1 * *+1 * Pillow Mastery
    Class Features
    Pillow Expertise: At first level the pillow warrior may use a pillow as a lethal weapon, or as a nonlethal weapon, the player's choice. The pillow warrior may also use a pillow to deal damage as if it were one size larger.
    Devastating Smack: At first level the pillow warrior is treated as if having the Power Attack feat while wielding a pillow. If the pillow warrior already has the Power Attack feat, he/she receives a +1 bonus on damage per level of pillow warrior when using a pillow.
    Pillow Defense: Beginning at second level, the pillow warrior receives a +1 deflection bonus to armor class.
    This increases to +2 at fourth level.
    Improved Devastating Smack: The pillow warrior, upon reaching level three, the pillow warrior may add 1 1/2 x Strength modifier when applying it to damage when wielding a pillow. This is instead of the normal strength bonus.
    Pillow Mastery: The pillow warrior may treat the pillow he wields as having any two +1 magical modifiers. These bonuses to don not count towards any other form of magical enhancement when finding cost or for the purposes of DR.

I believe this is done!
    Last edited by Vaynor; 2008-09-20 at 06:38 PM.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

25. - Top - End - #415

Hehehehe... Pillow Fight!

Totally, Knockdown is a prerequisite ability.

As is the power to do subdual damage. ^^

Currently DMing:
    In the Emperors' Hand

26. - Top - End - #416
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by storybookknight
    Hehehehe... Pillow Fight!

Totally, Knockdown is a prerequisite ability.

As is the power to do subdual damage. ^^
    Haha, exactly. Except they're a base class.

And their mighty weapon...

The Pillow

Used by the pillow warriors to great effect, the pillow is used to knock down opponents, usually as a merciful hit. The Pillow Warrior may use this weapon to deal lethal damage.

Damage (S/M): 1d3*/1d4*
    Critical: x3 (for that extra little whip you sometimes get... ;))
    Range: 10 feet
    Weight: 1 pound
    Damage Type: Bludgeoning
    Cost: 3 pieces of gum

*The pillow deals nonlethal damage, except when in the hands of a pillow warrior
    Last edited by Vaynor; 2008-09-20 at 06:39 PM.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

27. - Top - End - #417

I think the trick to keeping IIO inline is a combination of Nu-Uh and just the trouble of making a pile of declarations.

However, it might be good to add a hard limit for those players who you may be required to hit to stop abusing it. Either a limit on the number of items at once based on the skill ranks, or add 1 or 2 DC for every item you are currently faking.

I think though that making a temporary magical item is not too egregious considering the skill point cap and just the raw points to make it really powerful. Add in the fact that it is pretty easy to negate it and I see it being much more of a last resort issue, or basic flavor than anything too breaking. Something to make all those kids running around with blankets tied to their shoulders, pot lids for shields and wooden spoon maces more heroic.

It definitely needs tweeking though. My strong point is definitely not mechanics of a game I haven't played in 6-8 years :)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

I like the Pillow Warrior, but it might serve better as a PrC. Think about it - since when was the barbarian a "Greataxe Swinger" or the Paladin a "Longsword Bearer"? Veryspecific niches, like a weapon speciality, are filled by PrCs.

If you made it a PrC, you could also have very fitting prerequisites: Knockdown, BAB, Weapon Specialization(Pillow), Expertise, etc

Just my 2cp, take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor
    Other classes: Pillow warriors get along well with other fighters, paladins, and barbarians, who understand their need of a bedtime hierarchy.
    You mean Panlid Champions, Storybook Heroes, and Tantrum Throwers, right? :P

No comments on the new/changed skills? It seems much more balanced now.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Dirty Fighter
    Prestige Class
    Requirements:
    BAB +6
    Feats: Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Unarmed Strke, Improved Grapple
    Skills: 5 Ranks in Tantrum, 7 Ranks in Tumble, 5 Ranks in Escape Artist
    Class Skills
    The dirty fighter's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Escape Artist (Dex), Jump (Str), Tumble (Dex), Tantrum(Cha)
    Skill Points at Each Level:
    4 + Int Modifier
    Class Features:

Armor and Weapon Proficiency:
    Dirty fighters are proficient in light armor, but no shields, the quarterstaff(stick?), and the slingshot.

Nauseating Strike:
    The dirty fighter always seems to hit in the nastiest ways, whether it's poking out an eye, scratching badly, or ripping hair out. Whenever a dirty fighter crits with an unarmed strike and is wearing light armor or lighter, he inflicts nausea for 1d4 rounds.

Dust Cloud:
    The dirty fighter always seems to have a limb somewhere. If a dirty fighter is wearing light armor or lighter, he cannot be flanked. If the dirt fighter already had this ability because of the Tantrum Thrower ability or otherwise, it grants him a permanent dodge bonus of +2 to AC.

Starts Fights:
    At 2nd level, the dirty fighter gains a bonus of +2 to initiative whenever he or an ally is the one to initiate the encounter. It lasts for the duration of the encounter. This bonus increases to +4 at 4th level.

Master Wrestler:
    At 3rd level and beyond, when a dirty fighter makes a tactics attack (trip, grapple, etc) he can skip the AoE phase. When it comes time to make opposed checks, he also has to make a tumble check or an escape artist check (whichever bonus is higher) vs. his victim's tactics check. If he succeeds, he wins the check. If he fails, his opponent wins the check.

Dirty Fighting:
    At 5th level, when a dirty fighter is wearing light armor or lighter and is attacking with an unarmed strike while grappling, his critical threat range is doubled and successful critical hits have a x3 modifier in addition to the nauseating strike.

{table]
    [tr][td]Level [/td][td]BAB[/td][td]Fort[/td][td]Ref[/td][td]Will[/td][td]Special[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]1[/td][td]+1[/td][td]+2[/td][td]+0[/td][td]+0[/td][td]Nauseating Strike, Dust Cloud[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]2[/td][td]+2[/td][td]+3[/td][td]+0[/td][td]+0[/td][td]Starts Fights +2[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]3[/td][td]+3[/td][td]+3[/td][td]+1[/td][td]+1[/td][td]Master Wrestler[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]4[/td][td]+4[/td][td]+4[/td][td]+1[/td][td]+1[/td][td]Starts Fights +4[/td][/tr]
    [tr][td]5[/td][td]+5[/td][td]+4[/td][td]+1[/td][td]+1[/td][td]Dirty Fighting[/td][/tr]
    [/table]

Any thoughts/ideas for the 5th level special?

30. - Top - End - #420

Obese Ninja: Interesting job on those revisions- I like the Tantrum Thrower much better now (and assume that's what you were talking about).
    Have you considered some synthesis with unarmed strikes and the Tantrum Thrower? Just curious.

As to the dirty fighter; a 5th-level wet-willy based ability?
    Or maybe just constrict damage in a grapple or something.
    Also, anybody else besides me a little concerned about the first-level ability? Seems a little powerful at first glance. May be just my delicate sensibilities, though.
    Another thing; I'm not sure what the classe's abilities have to do with the concept of 'dirty fighting'.
    Maybe if their unarmed strikes did ability damage or gained bonus dice by striking vulnerable areas, or were painful enough to nauseate foes? With the fifth-level special being enough to stagger instead of nauseate?

Wehrkind:
    I was objecting to the skill because it seemed a little unbalancing; however, I also realized a second objection to it just now.
    Namely, the Panlid Champion; a class based entirely around the concept of imbuing ordinary items with magical power. If there's a skill around that duplicates most of the Champion's class features....yeah, I'm not inclined to think that's going to work. There are differences, but it's more than close enough to cause problems.
    I did love the feats you submitted, but I'll have to veto IIO and etc. this time.

Dragon Lady:
    My life wasn't always so comfy, either. That's why our Ratcatcher hails from 'civilized' london- trust me, I know what you mean.

Blackfox:
    A third level spell that turns your enemies against each other seems a little much to me; maybe if it had the same limitations as a charm effect?

Vaynor:
    I like the Pillow fighter, good stuff; however, I agree it should probably be a PrC.