New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Emerald Legion as a PC

I trust that most of the Playground is familiar with the Emerald Legion.

One of my friends has issued a level 20 gestalt challenge, with the only stipulation that nothing be from any dragon magazine, and so I want to punish him with silliness.
    But first some background. Most of my group is highly unoptimized and so this is mostly just a way to improve our own skills in that regard. But, other than myself only one of my friends has any real inclination toward optimizing so I am only concerned about beating him
    And so I come hoping someone here can figure out a way to make the Emerald Legion into a PC in a 32 point buy gestalt one-shot.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Emerald Legion as a PC

Well, one problem is that Emerald Legionnaires are created by and enslaved to (via the Voidmind template) a cabal of ultrapowerful illithid casters, which you haven't got.
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Obviously, you have to be one of those illithid, with the leadership feat, and that one has the leadership feat, and so on, and this chain of henchmen should be able to serve the role as the central 4 of the emerald legion & co.

How much "prep time" do your characters get? Would it be fair to say that your character has spent his adventuring career perfecting this emerald legion, as long as the monetary costs fit into WBL?
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Well that would be one option, and sense it is a one off I guess that would be fine, cruel and sick but fine. I was more thinking along the lines of using the Antimagic Shackles (referenced in Strengths and Weaknesses) to actually be a Legionaire who has broken free.