New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Best Magical Properties for AoO's?

Pretty simple, I have a character who is going to be making a lot of Attacks of Opportunity, what are the best magical enhancements/properties to put on a weapon? Are there many that are specifically good for AoO-heavy characters? Can I just get some general advice as to what properties I should put on weapons for a primary melee character?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Best Magical Properties for AoO's?

Any time you'll be making a large number of attacks in a round, Wounding becomes a solid choice. You can do a lot of Con damage in a short time if you can make 6+ attacks in a round.

Otherwise, the standard damage stuff holds true. Holy, Collision, etc. I'd stay away from Vicious though. Normally I like it, but you could overwealm yourself....lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

3. - Top - End - #3

Vicious is tasty for a crusader, as it'll help fuel his damage pool and furious counterstrike.

Keen might not be so bad, but I'd stay away from elemental damages.
    Lyra Corvis- Avy done by Mechafox(Thanks!)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Magebane. If you want to make lots of AoOs, you'll probably be wanting to stop mages from casting as well.

5. - Top - End - #5

If you're going for the high-reach method of gaining more AoOs, you might want to take the whirling enchantment from MiC. To use the high reach in other ways.
    Sig'd

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Actually, the best enhancement you can get is Greater Magic Fang plus Permanency. The reason for this is the Snap Kick feat, which allows an extra unarmed attack whenever you make a melee attack -- including attacks of opportunity. Two hits on every AoO should really add up.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Which is gone the first time someone decides to Dispell you. Personal preference, I guess, but I've never really like Permanency for buffs.

If you're going for hardcore AoO, I'm assuming you'll be using the Thicket of Blades stance, which means I highly recommend the Devoted Spirit martial weapons enhancement.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I guess if you're worrying about dispels, a Necklace of Natural Attacks is the thing to get. That second attack on every AoO with Snap Kick is still the best power-up I know.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You never go wrong with Lifebane. Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.