New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Published adventure for two players?

Hey Gitp!

I'm headed over to a friends house for the night, and short of the hodge-podge of board games I'm bringing, I wish to have something prepped for Dnd. I've nearly every addition at my fingertips (basic, 2nd edition, 3.x, 4th) and was wondering if there was a quick, two PC (three people total) adventure module out there, either published or by a Play grounder.

I'd prefer some low level treasure seeking, possibly in a desert. Any help is much appreciated!
    Lyra Corvis- Avy done by Mechafox(Thanks!)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Published adventure for two players?

I seriously doubt that anyone has published any material intended for use with only two PCs. The game kinda assumes you're running a party of four. However, consider running a gestalt (Unearthed Arcana or the d20SRD) game, which will allow two players to fill the usual niches of warrior, blaster, healer and expert. Tone down the usual battles by one or two CRs (you kinda have to play gestalt campaigns by ear) and you should be fine.

As for encounters in deserts, check out Sandstorm, specifically the adventure seeds in the back of the book.

Good luck.
    Was HP before HP was cool.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I typically design 2 player adventures, though mine use my funky house rules.

What level do you want? I could email/PM you one.

4. - Top - End - #4

Ah! And Olo makes the save. :p

Level depends alot of the system. I'm gonna pm you some contact info, and we'll hash it out.
    Lyra Corvis- Avy done by Mechafox(Thanks!)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

You're probably best off making a DMPC a level or two lower than the actual PCs to try to fill in whatever gaps they leave. Like, if they want to play a melee guy and a divine caster, make a beguiler or something.
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Wing it?

No seriously, just write up the setting, then keep some notecards with random monster stats on them. Set up a rough outline of the plot (foribidden tomb in the desert, must speak with wise man in a forgotten village to get hints, need gem from the bottom of an oasis lake to unlock door to tomb, baddies infest tomb), and then keep stats on hand for possible enemies they may bump into. If the enemy is too hard, tone them down a bit. Shouldn't be too hard.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by hotel_papa View Post
    I seriously doubt that anyone has published any material intended for use with only two PCs.
    You'll be surprised to know that I actually own a 2nd ed. quest book intended for "1 sixth level druid"

I couldn't believe it either!
    Last edited by Graymayre; 2009-02-24 at 08:31 PM.
    Bombastic founder of the "That guy with a Halberd" Fanclub
    Wanna see this guy return? Click here for more information
    Check out my Spaceatar by Geiger Counter here
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I am laughing my head off and applauding your tactic genius all at the same time. Bravo, good sir...
    FighterITP : Silver

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hotel_papa View Post
    IHowever, consider running a gestalt (Unearthed Arcana or the d20SRD) game, which will allow two players to fill the usual niches of warrior, blaster, healer and expert.
    Gestalt actually works quite well with that - if one plays a Druid//Sorcerer (or Druid//Wizard; Druid//Beguiler can also work, but cuts down on the utility belt role), and the other plays a Druid//Rogue (or Druid//Ninja; Druid//Beguiler or Druid//Factotum also work well - there's several flavors of skillmonkey), you get all four roles covered (Band-Aid? Check - both are Druids, who have healing 90% covered. Meatshield? Check - both are Druids, who have Animal Companions to have melee 80% covered, and both get decent d8 hit dice. Arcanist? Check. Skillmonkey? Check), get all four turns per combat round (Two from players, two from animal companions = 4). Past about mid levels, though, the animal companions can't cover the meatshield role effectively ... but at that point, they've come into their own as Druids, so....

A big warning about Gestalt, though - unless the players are reasonably canny, they've got higher stat requirements than normal - you'll likely want to use a higher point buy than normal.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.