New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [3.x] Pick Your Own Class Features

My initial inspiration for this attempt came from a combination of seeing something similar done for the 4e PHB classes and the feat point system: instead of picking a class, you get X points to spend on class features (BAB, saves, skill points, and Class Features). Each feature costs Y points (BAB, saves, and skills start at a 'base' value, and can be increased from there).

I tried to find the link to the 4e version of this (I believe it was on the ENWorld forums), but was unable to locate it. Does anyone know if someone has done this already?

Either way, does anyone see any potential problems or pitfalls with attempting to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by dehro View Post
    you're like a male Felicia Day
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Witch doctors might tell you "ooh ee ooh ah ah ting tang wallawalla bing bang", but they give you that for everything, so most of us consider it a ridiculous scam.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    When you're flopping about uncertainly like a Magikarp that just got sent in against a level 60 Venusaur, just go back to the basics.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3.x] Pick Your Own Class Features

BESM d20 does this with their generic class. I forget what it's called: Adventurer? Anyway, they have breakdowns in their sidebar about the PHB races and classes, and assigning point values to the abilities. It's worth reading just for the rules analysis, and the game is well-done.
    playing in Seek the Sun: IC / OOC