Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon

Thread: Star wars SAGA

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Star wars SAGA

So, I bought the Star Wars SAGA edition core rulebook yesterday. And, in reading it, my initial reaction was thus; Holy cow, orgasm!

There's something about the system, the options, everything, I just love it!

One thing I can't find, for some reason, is the Wealth by level guidelines. If there is such a thing, what page is it on?

Also, I tried looking for players, and a DM, for a game of SAGA on the player recruitment forum, but it did'nt really pay off really well.
    So, anyone reading this up for it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star wars SAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    So, I bought the Star Wars SAGA edition core rulebook yesterday. And, in reading it, my initial reaction was thus; Holy cow, orgasm!

There's something about the system, the options, everything, I just love it!

One thing I can't find, for some reason, is the Wealth by level guidelines. If there is such a thing, what page is it on?

Also, I tried looking for players, and a DM, for a game of SAGA on the player recruitment forum, but it did'nt really pay off really well.
    So, anyone reading this up for it?
    Yeah, Saga is pretty epic. Unfortunatly, I've only ever GMed Saga (except for a PbP game that I played in which broke after a few weeks). WBL is a problem. IIRC, there is no official WBL table.

3. - Top - End - #3

The OmegaDex, the complete index to just about everything related to Star Wars Saga Edition.

"Waspinator not want to be destroyed! Waspinator has plans!"
    -Waspinator, Transformers Beast Wars

"When was it that the twerps were chosen for this mission?"
    "It was when the mission became scary!"
    -Team Rocket, Pokemon

"It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."
    -Dragonmech designer

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I do not recommend this for WBL, but for starting at higher levels I give PCs:

(lvl+[lvl-1])*1000

Which is probably what that link goes to incidently.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waspinator View Post
    Thanks, that helped.

Still, anyone up for playing it? I don't care if it's a bouty-hunter, jedi or whatever-kind-of-game. I just want to try out this damned awesome system!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a good game, well-designed for the job, and better than any previous licensed system (yes, including WEG/D6).

We played about six sessions using it before we switched to a simpler system (FATE/SotC), because it's still D20 at the end of the day, and the volume of rules-lookups we had to do to keep moving was untenable.
    Wushu Open Reloaded
    Actual Play: The Shadow of the Sun (Acrozatarim's WFRP campaign) as Pawel Hals and Mass: the Effecting - Transcendence as Russell Ortiz.
    Now running: Tyche's Favourites, a historical ACKS campaign set around Massalia 300BC.
    In Sanity We Trust Productions - our podcasting site where you can hear our dulcet tones, updated almost every week.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post

Still, anyone up for playing it? I don't care if it's a bouty-hunter, jedi or whatever-kind-of-game. I just want to try out this damned awesome system!
    To quote Belkar, "Can I say "Yes" strongly enough?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

I agree it's awesome, but it's hard to find people who are enough of a fan of Star Wars, to play
    GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

@edwin: seems your thread has pulled a few people in. myself included
    Last edited by Mobey_Wee; 2009-03-05 at 10:37 PM.