New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default [3.5] Do Rapid Shot, Manyshot and multipe shots from attack bonuses stack?

Let's say that I'm a level 14 Ranger, so I have 3 attacks per round (+14/+9/+4), and I took both Rapid shot and Manyshot
    According to my understanding of the descriptions of Rapid Shot and Manyshot, I get 4 attacks (+12/+12/+7/+2), two of them can have 3 arrows, and two of them can only have 2 arrows (Making the attack bonuses +6/+6/+3/-2), and I get to shoot 10 arrows in one round...
    That seems illogical

Please correct me if I'm wrong (And I'm pretty sure I am )
    Last edited by Zerg Cookie; 2009-03-08 at 03:45 AM.
    Al'tair avatar by Nevitan
    Starcraft II Europe - Cookie 647

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Do Rapid Shot, Manyshot and multipe shots from attack bonuses stack?

Rapidshot and attacks from high BAB stack.

But manyshot doesn't even apply to the same thing. 'As a standard action' means that it doesn't apply to full attacks, which you need to use in order to apply rapid shot and your iterative attacks from BAB.

Manyshot essentially overrides the rule that you can only make one attack as a standard action, and it has it's own set of rules. Bad feat design all the way.

Essentially, it comes down to either using rapid shot and your iteratives as a full attack or using manyshot as a standard action and doing something else with your move action that's now free. There's a greater manyshot feat out there somewhere that lets you apply precision damage to all of your attacks rather than just the first one, but I don't recall if it changes anything else.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Do Rapid Shot, Manyshot and multipe shots from attack bonuses stack?

Making it simpler, manyshot can be use as a standard action, not a single attack. So, no, you can't do manyshot for each attack you have in one round.

Member of the Hinjo fan club. Go Hinjo!
    "In Soviet Russia, the Darkness attacks you."
    "Rogues not only have a lot more skill points, but sneak attack is so good it hurts..."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick_BR View Post
    Making it simpler, manyshot can be use as a standard action, not a single attack. So, no, you can't do manyshot for each attack you have in one round.
    But wouldn't it be totally great if you could stack them? :p (I know it doesn't stack, but think for a second it did)
    +1 Flaming Frost Shock Whatever Bow shooting arrows, at level 20, you get 20 arrows per full attack, 48 with splitting & haste.
    48d6 fire, 48d6 cold, 48d6 electricity damage. Survive THAT. :)
    Last edited by Eloel; 2009-03-08 at 11:23 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Fire Resistance 5, Cold Resistance 5, Electricity Resistance 5

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ozgun92 View Post
    But wouldn't it be totally great if you could stack them? :p (I know it doesn't stack, but think for a second it did)
    Following that line, we'd also have to give monsters iterative attacks with their natural weapons any time their BAB was +6 or higher. No PC would survive that.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ozgun92 View Post
    +1 Flaming Frost Shock Whatever Bow shooting arrows, at level 20, you get 20 arrows per full attack, 48 with splitting & haste.
    48d6 fire, 48d6 cold, 48d6 electricity damage. Survive THAT. :)
    Make it a Thri-Kreen and he can multi-attack two bows at a time to double the arrows to 96 per round.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure where you got 48 arrows. For the Thri-Kreen Level 20 with all the feats, I think you get 4 BAB attacks, plus one from Rapid Shot, and double it for 10 shots per round. If we let Manyshot get used on a full attack, that's 4 arrows per shot for 40 arrows per round.
    Last edited by enderrocksonall; 2009-03-08 at 04:16 PM.
    http://world5.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=59017308

Help out a hungry vamp. Click on this please.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Following that line, we'd also have to give monsters iterative attacks with their natural weapons any time their BAB was +6 or higher. No PC would survive that.
    Nice! I suddenly really wanna play a Wildshape Ranger!
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.