New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Maneuvers] Falling Star Discipline

Quote Originally Posted by Indon View Post
    Aren't creature abilities (and Stunning Fist, if I recall) more like 10+(1/2 HD)+mod? That'd be every other level.

Similarly, with spell DC's, you can maybe gain one new spell level every other class level, so that holds to 1/2 level, as well, not full level.

Do other maneuver save DC's base themselves on 10+levels+mod? I haven't read ToB very much and don't have it on me in any case.
    Spell DCs are 10 + Spell Level + Mod, but also have such things as Spell Focus and mono-stat dependency. Maneuvers, except in this case, are 10 + Initiator Level + Mod. The 5 + Spot Ranks + Mod method is a balancing factor, as it effectively reduces the number of skill points available to the character by 1 Further, it has multiple-stat dependency.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Exploding shot seems kind of overpowered, thats 100D6 AoE damage at level 20 (rapid) not to mention how easy it is to abuse with Manyshot and the fact you can cover multiple areas, all with one full round action.

When you do something wizards cannot you know its overpowered =P

Otherwise, its nice, though a bit fluffless

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Paladin View Post
    Exploding shot seems kind of overpowered, thats 100D6 AoE damage at level 20 (rapid) not to mention how easy it is to abuse with Manyshot and the fact you can cover multiple areas, all with one full round action.

<snip>
    The description and maneuver list don't add up when it comes to Exploding Shot. The description makes it far too powerful for its own good, but the list puts it as only affecting one arrow, which would leave it relatively balanced (in my opinion at least).
    Last edited by Fako; 2007-04-16 at 06:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Since none of the other people who made disciplines will make the discipline legacy weapon, can you make one for the leader (and possibly the only member) of your fanclub?

we need more disciplines based on non-sword weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightsaline View Post
    Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........
    "On the other hand, maybe all of this could have been prevented if you had just managed to get laid once in a while. You can't tell me you would have been as tightly wound if you had been getting treasure type O once in a while"

Roxas avatar made by Adghar. The keyblades are Diamond dust and One Winged Angel

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I'll see what I can do.

Also, the upcoming Ocean Soul's weapons will be harpoon, net, trident, and scimitar. The Legacy Weapon will probably be a harpoon.