New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Insanowar 2: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    If you'd like me to change it I would. and he totally has had a name, his mother called him sniper. Wait, clone. He probably has a special number of some sort.
    You could say that he is one of the 501st Brigade. I mean they brought down ALOT of Jedi Masters, and participated in the raid of the Jedi Temple on Corusant. / what I think is a helpful piece of advice.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

That would fit in with the story of the game as well, if Uncle Festy's okay with that.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well yes fine. It probably makes sense for the mooks to be more powerful, since each of them is about equal with a Jedi (according to Rutskarn's original pick).
    But!
    That entirely misses the point. See, Dr. McNinja was my first pick. All of it. The Sniper was 1/5th of your last pick. I dunno, it just doesn't seem balanced for them to trade.
    Hey, Rutskarn? Can we get your opinion on this?
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Well yes fine. It probably makes sense for the mooks to be more powerful, since each of them is about equal with a Jedi (according to Rutskarn's original pick).
    But!
    That entirely misses the point. See, Dr. McNinja was my first pick. All of it. The Sniper was 1/5th of your last pick. I dunno, it just doesn't seem balanced for them to trade.
    Well, by that logic I shouldn't have been able to kill Sonic, Dedede, and Falcon with just the Black Hand Chameleons...
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    But!
    Actually I was thinking about this shortly after I posted what I did.
    It does seem kind of imbalanced for something that is 1/5th a pick to take down something that is a whole pick by itself. It would be like a single soldier taking down the Redeemer. It would have to be incredibly epic, and from the way it was written it was a fairly staple kill with little more than a single shot to take him down. Maybe it was a simply low power pick? All I know is that as far as numbers go there may have been a atrophy of fairness, as I would say that a Jedi couldn't take Batman, or Dr.Mcninja, and the game usually had each Jedi killing about 5 storm troopers of any class before dieing, and thats with a hard core mega PC stepping in to slice them.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Well, my Stormtroopers are of the Stormtrooper Effect variety.

So, no, they are not as powerful as 80 SWBF2 Stormtroopers.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

So, you mean the effect of Obi wans statement of "Only Storm troopers are that precise", or the fact that these slightly power armored individuals are prone to dieing from a short fall?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

The value in picks like Doctor McNinja is in their ability to get into places and attack targets that brute force couldn't get to. I think Reinholdt exemplified that in the first game when the Doc assassinated Agatha Heterodyne, far behind enemy lines, and prevented a bunch of sparky goodness I had planned for later on in the game.

By leaving doctor McNinja out in the open field, you left him vulnerable. If you pick someone who is not much more durable than a normal human, don't be surprised if they die easily.

If it's about them killing a character who you wanted to have some fun describing, then I'd suggest you hide stuff that you have plans or storyline ideas for. Send the boring/hard to write good material for stuff out into the field first.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post

Also, Murska lies again! Can't say I'm surprised, though. Not one bit.
    Sorry, but I can't allow you to take the Soulshard. After all, I have plans for the Well...
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #190

@Selrahc: Well, yes, except this isn't just a ninja. This is Dr. McNinja! He can dodge bullets! He can run on walls! He can come back from near death! He can –

Hm. You know what? Never mind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

11. - Top - End - #191

Smug smiley face means bad! What's going to happen!

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Well, by that logic I shouldn't have been able to kill Sonic, Dedede, and Falcon with just the Black Hand Chameleons...
    And charlie wouldn't be killed by 1/10 of the infiltrator force. But these things happen.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #193

Rorix flexes his wings. "Thank the gods that annoying guy is gone." He's about to leap at Billtoadmax's base when an orange circle appears on the ground next to him.
    Chandra climbs out, shaking her head at the change in orientation. "Alright, burnination time!"
    "Huzzah!" cries Balrog, leaping out of the hole, followed by Vatsy and Bruno.
    Chandra summons a pair of Fire Elementals and vaults onto Rorix's back, who flies over the base. The two begin raining firey death from above, Chandra being pretty much protected from enemy weapons by the dragon's bulk.
    Meanwhile, Balrog charges into the base, leading Vatsy, Bruno, and the Fire Elementals. Balrog leaps at Tails, who spins up and out of the way. Balrog, however, flexes his little-used wings and flies after Tails, crushing the surprised fox to the ground.
    The Fire Elementals plow through a bunch of waddle-dees, before running into a bob-omb – with predictable results. And Chandra and Rorix continue sending fire EVERYWHERE.
    Vatsy pads over to the Jet Trooper. "Excuse me, sir? Could you give me your perspective on the battle?" The Trooper raises an eyebrow under his helmet before shooting Vatsy in the head.
    Bruno doesn't seem to notice his employer's death, as he's chasing Knuckles. The powerful echidna dashes over the rubble of the gate, only to feel a sword run through his gut. "the… hell?" he manages to croak out.
    Dr. McNinja grins through the pain. "It was only a… flesh wound." Pulling out his sword, he limps back to the portal. "Friggin'…*sniper…" he mutters, before stepping through the orange circle. The portal closes behind him.

Casualties
    Spoiler
    Show
    About 60 waddle-dees
    Two bob-ombs
    Tails is now injured.
    Dr. McNinja is alive, but badly damaged.
    Rorix has been shot at a bit. He doesn't seem to notice though.
    Knuckles is dead.
    Chandra has now spent about half her available mana (if she runs out, she'll need to spend time recharging.
    Vatsy took a laser blast to the head.

Army
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dr. McNinja - recovering from injuries at the base
    Chell with Portal Gun - on top of the battlements
    Yoda - just inside the base
    A Grue - wherever it is dark
    Gil Wulfenbach - in the base proper, working on turrets
    The Joker from the Dark Knight - just inside the base
    Balrog, Quote, and Curly - on top of tails/inside the base/inside the base
    Akroma - just inside the base
    Rorix Bladewing - flying over Billtodamax's base
    Chandra Nalaar - On Rorix's back
    Bruno – at the entrance to Billtodamax's base
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Billtodamax's base is becoming our playground...

I mean, Durge is in there, and the Chameleons were last seen there.

And now there's a dragon flying overhead...
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #195

Underground level

The Ilse witches eye snapped open. A calculating look was on her features. She dissmissed the illusions of bombers hanging around the base, as Rorix didn't even seem to notice them . She got in contact with those currently on the battlefield.
    Do not allow tails to die.
    Got it.
    Got it.
    She turned to point at Thing Thing.
    You, take out the dragon and the mage.
    Thing thing nodded.
    He drove a truck out into the open area around the base and aimed it's missle launchers. He climbed up to the launcher and nodded to the waddle dee that had taken his place at the launch commands. It fired off a missle towards the dragon. Rorix easily rolled out of the way.
    "Hah, is that all you've got?" Unfortunately, neither him, nor Chandra was watching the missle as it passed them. They would have seen the shape detatch itself from the missle. They would have seen It freefall towards them. They would have seen it pull out a pair of beretta's. They would have seen it fire. The shots hit Chandra in the head and back, ending her life. Thing thing proceeded to land on the dragon and take out a laser rifle, shooting into the beast continously.

Ground floor

The two clones nodded to each other and ran towards Balrog. They stopped, and the clone trooper and clone commando turned their devastating weapons onto the strange creature. The clone trooper pulled out one of his grenades and threw it at Balrog, where it stuck. It blew him apart.
    Got him. They dragged tails out from under Balrog's body and sent him down the lift to the Ilse witch. Yellow screams could be heard a moment later. The jet trooper flew up to the top of the base to retrieve some... things. He flew down after gathering them.

Under ground level.

Grianne concentrated, humming softly. There were STILL intruders in her base. She found the source of her annoyance. A grin spread across her face. This could turn out better than she expected. But first. She concentrated harder, searching her base. She knew something had destroyed her tower. She would find it. If she locates any she'll cause their own stealth suits to strangle them, then break their minds for good measure ((any chameleons in my base are going to be killed by her)).She then sought Durge's and Bruno's minds, and sent them to the same part of the base with a little coercion, bypassing all of the witches allies. As the lift lowered itself next to her she grabbed tails, and took him over the otherside of the room, with waddle dees guarding lifts and stairs. She weaves her magic into him, around him, softly at first, thee she seizes what she can use. She twists his body, turning him into the perfect killing machine. Hands into claws, feet into talons, enlarged muscles, even changing his nature. He screams all the way through the procedure, terrible, animal screams.

That darned Fanboy's base.

So, just what are you guys? Indy asked while the orchestra's music played through the entire base. In fact they were running across the battlefield right now to get to the base, where they could be appreciated by an audience which wasn't on three different sides.

Stuff happening:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Ilse Witch is turning Tails into a caull
    Thing-thing is attacking Rorix from his back
    Durge and Bruno are now at the same part of my base.
    Indy's orchestra is running across the open battlefield to reach indy and fan's base, while playing.

Casualties:
    Spoiler
    Show

Balrog
    Chandra Nalaar
    any black hand DC had in my base.
    Tails' innocence

Army list:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Tails - Bottom floor
    3. The Ilse Witch - Bottom floor
    5. 39 bobombs - Scattered throughout
    6. ~140 waddle dees - see above
    7. Thing-Thing - on Rorix's back
    8. Indy + Orchestra - Fanboy's base/ running across the field towards fanboy's base
    9. 3 ATGM trucks - outside/inside/inside
    10. One of each clone troop from SWBF2 minus heavy and sniper - mostly ground floor

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

No Chameleon corpses turn up in Billtodamax's base.

Meanwhile, Durge wonders why the hell he's somewhere else now. No matter. Durge brutally slams Bruno to the ground, otherwise ignoring him. He retreats back to his original position, smirking as he sees Thing Thing on Rorix in the air.

Then he sees them.

Clones...

And Durge HATES clones.

Durge glares at the Clone Trooper and Clone Commando from under the armor.

Is that...

Oh hell, it's Durge!

The trooper opens fire on Durge, to no avail. Wouldn't do much even without his armor. Durge pulls a blaster pistol and shoots the Commando in the head, killing him.

Durge proceeds to rush the remaining Clone Trooper, and uses a wrist-mounted flamethrower to turn up the heat in the clone's armor. Good thing that armor's there, or this wouldn't be pretty. At all. Except maybe to the clone-hating Durge.

Meanwhile, the Chameleons, who remained outside the base, silently observe, then see the ATGM truck exit. A laser bursts forth from nowhere yet again, entering the inside of the truck and killing the Waddle Dee driving it.

Said truck is promptly stolen by the guilty Chameleon. A missile barrage is launched at Rorix Bladewing and Thing Thing, which is just too much for the dragon to dodge. A missile hits one of the dragon's wings, then another hits his underside. Rorix flips in midair, dropping Thing Thing, then falls to the ground, crushing him.

The Chameleon would be smirking, if you could see him. Of course, he also sees the risk of his positon, and climbs out of the truck. He moves a fair distance away, then fires his laser rifle at the remaining missiles, destroying them, and the whole truck, in a rather nice explosion.

Casualties
    Spoiler
    Show

One Waddle Dee driving an ATGM truck
    Rorix Bladewing
    Thing Thing
    The Clone Trooper and Clone Commando
    One ATGM truck
    Bruno is knocked out

Army List
    Spoiler
    Show

Darth Vader-?
    A DnD healmonkey cleric-?
    Two Mammoth Tanks
    A legion of Imperial Stormtroopers (80)
    A Nod Redeemer
    A team of Black Hand Chameleons (5)
    MacGuyver
    A squad of Orca Gunships (4)
    Two Battle Bases
    Durge-In Billtodamax's base
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #197

I was hoping durge would occupy more of his time with Bruno, but I couldn't realistically expect him to not take down clone troopers. Also, Is it just me, or have I taken alot more losses than everyone? It's probably the whole "Using my base as a battleground" thing. I might need to get out of my base soon.

Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't worry Bill I plan to give you time to evac next turn, I don't capture units for no reason after all.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

The Orkz bring the stuff they got from the Chameleon's corpse to Badzappa, who tinkers with them a bit. After a while, the Tau technology of the Hammerhead has been mixed with the NOD technology of the Chameleon's equipment, resulting in a Cloaked Hammerhead. It consumes energy, though, and the Orkz don't like not having full power usable for weaponry, so they turn it off every time it attacks.

The other Meks are having fun with all the scrap metal, lead, electronics and other stuff lying around and building Kustom Shootas for the Boyz along with some other equipment. The Speek Freekz are modifying their Warbikes and the Fighta-Bommas are readying the Grot Bombs.

The Squiggoth seems restless, it's Zzappa Gun swaying around as it moves around. All the Orkz seem anxious for some real action. And Grotsnik has hatched a plan which will provide them with some. The Kommandos have taken some explosives, helped by some Meks and the Cyborks, and are doing something in the base...

Results:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Various things augmented, most notably my Hammerhead is now cloaked.

Army List:

Spoiler
    Show

1. Big Mek Badzappa
    2. Warlord Ghazhgkull
    3. Gargantuan Squiggoth
    4. 10 Redskull Commandos, led by Snikrot
    5. Looted Hammerhead (Cloaked)
    6. 6 Warbikez (Red)
    7. 3 Fighta-Bommas
    8. 40 Ork Boyz led by a Nob
    9. Painboss Grotsnik and 4 Cyborkz
    10. 4 Mekboyz with spare parts
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

20. - Top - End - #200

*mourns for Rorix Bladewing*

Also, Is it just me, or have I taken alot more losses than everyone? It's probably the whole "Using my base as a battleground" thing. I might need to get out of my base soon.
    Well, to be fair, you shouldn't have attacked me (or, more specifically, Rorix the aggressive, temperamental dragon) if you didn't want to be counterattacked.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

At my Base:
    Adun walked into the room where Indy was held in stasis chains, and deactivated them with a simple push of a button.

Indy collapsed to the floor unceremoniously, and picked his hat back up after a brief moment of disorientation he picked up hit hat and put it on.

Adun looked over the older Terran, this one had a look in his eyes similar to that of Raynor, ambitious and determined, the look of a man on a mission, or someone with a purpose.
    " Entaro Terran, We are the Protoss. Gaurdians of Auir, and the most advanced civilization in the galaxy. We have come here with simple intentions of retrieving a Uraj, and Khallis crystal. We found one of these crystals, but apparently every other group here has decided that they want one as well, and randomly began attacking. We're sad to say that the base you were observed coming from was the first to be attacked, and some of your companions have already fallen. I have recieved message from our Arbiter Daimoth that he had taken the Immortals to your compound with intent putting down the remaining resistance. Oh, sorry. I seem to have forgotten my manners Mr.Jones. I'am Adun warrior of Auir, and leader of this expeditionary party."

The Protoss high templars have finally managed to get the gates shields up to 100%, and finish repairs on the radar. Tassadar's carrier has finally filled it's interceptor bays, and the Mother ship is at 40% repair.

At Billtodamax's base:

As War ravaged the base, random explosions and dragon breath flying everywhere Two Massive armored hulks emerged from behind the cover of a hill, and fired their twin phase disruptor cannons in unison, the waves of pure energy ripping apart Durge as they advanced into the base; Daimoth cloaking them as he flew with them, and a deep desounding voice ringing out from within one of the Immortals inside every beings head inside Billtodamax's base.
    "Area Secure. All hostile threats eliminated. Relaying message from base now."

With that a holographic image display of Adun was rendered, and began speaking in a recorded voice converted from the normal telepathic method.
    "Entaro, I'am Adun, war hero of the Protoss, and I will do my best to keep this brief. We have identified your group as the defender, and not the aggressor in this situation and wish to over you our services for a alliance of sorts. If you accept merely allow the immortals to leave you base unharmed with their Arbiter guide Diamoth."

Things happening/happened
    Spoiler
    Show

Repairing the moither ship
    Tassadar's carrier is at 100% operational capacity, and is merely charging it's shields to 100% and priming its weapons.
    Mother ship is at 40% operational capacity, shields at 75% weapons at 25%, and the time bomb, cloaking field, and the PLANET CRACKER LASER are down at 5%.
    Negotiating with billtodahmax for a alliance. ENTARO ADUN!
    Gate shields at 100%, and a bunch of other knick nacks are in the making.

Casualties
    Spoiler
    Show

Durge

Army list
    Spoiler
    Show

1. 7 Dark Templar lead by Zeratul
    2. 2 Immortals, one of which is Fenix.
    3. 5 protoss phoenix's, lead by Artainis.
    4. 15 zealots one of which is the Protoss hero Adun
    5. Tassadar brought back to life by a True Ressurection, and a interceptorless carrier.
    6. Daimoth, a Arbiter hero. Can cloak, stasis field, and recall.
    7.A group of 8 Protoss High Templar
    8.5 protoss reavers
    9.3 Warp rays (will link later)
    10.a single inoperative, but repairable Mother Ship.
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-04-03 at 03:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

o.O

He...

Killed...

Durge...
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Somebody had to, only so long I could let his killing spree go on.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    Somebody had to, only so long I could let his killing spree go on.
    But...

It's Durge!

Do you know who he is?

Better yet, WHAT he is.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

25. - Top - End - #205

Question!
    Regarding durge's armour, still there and operable, mostly still there and damaged, or obliterated?

Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know in all honesty, just figured he was a high ranking chamelon with some clone rage issues.
    And I'll leave it up to DC weather the armor that got blasted by 2 plasma tanks is still around.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    I don't know in all honesty, just figured he was a high ranking chamelon with some clone rage issues.
    And I'll leave it up to DC weather the armor that got blasted by 2 plasma tanks is still around.
    Ah...

No, Durge is no Chameleon.

Durge is far tougher than any Chameleon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge..._and_abilities

Unsure on the armor thing, but I'm mostly concentrating on whether Durge is alive or not, you see.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2009-04-03 at 04:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the Immortals are pretty damn powerful in their own respect. Being able to level foot hills in the fluff with short duration focused fire, and being made from the brains of physic warriors who are so powerful that they have to TRY not to read your mind, and can react with lightning speed due to having small amounts of pre cognition.
    Did I mention those were Zealots, which Immortals are made out of?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

I'm unsure.

Anyone else want to call on whether Durge is alive or not?

Also...

Also, Is it just me, or have I taken alot more losses than everyone? It's probably the whole "Using my base as a battleground" thing. I might need to get out of my base soon.
    You picked something specifically to counter my Mammoth Tanks and Redeemer. That's why I attacked you.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2009-04-03 at 04:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

30. - Top - End - #210

You mean the trucks? No, I could already counter your vehicles. Those were for troop transport. I'm probably a little biased as to whether Durge is alive or not, as I'd like to get my hands on his armour.

Show