New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Insanowar 3: Mud Fight!

Hello? We need you to post to end the game, Mordokai.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. Mordokai still has about 14 hours before finale time.
    *poke*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

The tension is killing several other people.

What? I get antsy when I'm nervous.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Right. Ok. Can't wait on Mordokai any longer.

Here is how it's going to work, though. Each participant in this game will send me a PM with their vote on who they think should win. No voting for yourself. In light of absences, I will not wait for Fin or Mordokai's vote. If the other three still think they should win, that's fine by me and will be reflected in the votes.

In the event of a tie I'll privately get an audience member to break it.

Narration will go up after I have some semblance of an idea of the outcome and can think of something reasonably awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. Would an audience member who's read the whole thing contact me via please? Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Winner has been chosen. Final narration will be up later today.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

My apologies for the delay. Hopefully this ending is awesome enough to make up for it, though I doubt it. My apologies if not.

THE INSANOWAR 3 FINALE:

Spoiler
    Show

All the fighting.
    All the senseless violence.
    The maiming and the murdering.
    The wanton destruction.
    The Reaper's buffet.
    And... yet... all the ducks were ignored. A mallard can only take so much emotional punishment. So when the duck tears began to flow from the fowl feathered flock, it's little wonder that the cavern slowly began to flood...

Darth Mordenkainen's boots splashed in the rising tide. The sooner he could end this, the better. It's a good thing he wouldn't have to wait long as the Eradicator Hexapod walked right up to him, a pair of animated gates not far behind. "So you show yourself. Prepare to meet your doom at the hand of Fan-Service!" Darth Mordenkainen's lightsaber he got from his father rose, the red blade fluctuating. "Do. Your. Worst."

And so the Hexapod did. Firing it's disintegrator beam at Mordenkainen. The sith easily blocked it with his saber. Only to find that that was a really, really bad idea. He looked at the now empty spot where his weapon once stood. "Oh cr..." The blast of psionic energy threw him backwards where he landed with a thud in the water, skidding backwards. The sith inched his way back into a standing position. He wasn't beat yet.

The Dimir assassins thought this was the perfect time to strike. One leaped at the Hexapod, but soon found itself melted by a plasma bolt. The other actually attempted to sneak up on Darth Mordenkainen. The shipping-born dark lord taught him a lesson he wouldn't forget soon about the force, catching the assassin with his superior senses and throwing him at the Hexapod, who stomped on it.

And began to assimilate it...

"NO!" He watched with horror as the cloaking features of the assassin now combined with the Hexapod's already unusual lack of a proper force signature all but turned the giant robot invisible to Darth Mordenkainen's senses.
    *splash*
    *sploosh*
    Not entirely invisible.

Mordenkainen leapt up out of the water which were now up to his knees and onto a nearby rock. "Time to juice things up a bit." He stretched out his hand and send waves of force lightening throughout the entire cavern, using the duck tear lake as a conductor. The Hexapod groaned and creaked as electricity shot through it, starting to fry its systems, making its cloaking technology fail, and generating smoke.

Mordenkainen let out a dark chuckle as he poured even more into the lake. "Shocking isn't it? MWAHAHAHAHA-Oof!!" The sith's triumph was interrupted as he was smacked off the rock and into the water. "ARRRRGHHHH!!" The quickly dissipating electricity still took it's toll on him, crackling through his body. He weakly looked at the flesh eating gate that attacked him. Of course. Such things would be unaffected by electricity at all.

The Hexapod took advantage of the delay to start repairing itself, fending off one of the gates with a leg, trying to crush the beast and stop it's unending assualt. Mordenkainen looked around for something to use against the nightmarish gate closing in on him. Spotting a sword, he reached out his hand and had it flung to him. The weapon that helped kill his father was his now. Even with the tip cut off, it was still a weapon to be feared. Sephiroth's Masamune now belonged to him.

Mordenkainen stood. "I am Darth Mordenkainen. I am the product of the darkest forces in the universe. I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY A GATE!" He leapt, the forces of gravity practically ignored and cleanly sliced through the gate, ending its short lived false life, even as the Eradicator Hexapod finished off the one assualting him.

They turned to face each other, each with renewed fury. The battle that resulted was epic beyond belief. Plasma bolts cut in half by the mystical sword. Psionic forces wresting back and forth between the force and the machine. Obstacles ripped from the ground and tossed at each other, slashed apart by futuristic and magical weaponry. Battle of wills as each tried to control the other's minds. Electrical charges clashing midair with disintegration bolts only to explode, sending both combatants flying backwards.

But where Mordenkainen started with a slight advantage, he was quickly falling behind as the water level rose to his hips and started to slow him down tremendously. He clenched the Masamune even tighter, prepared for one last devestating attack. The Hexapod had left itself open on the left side and would pay for that with it's...

*chomp*
    "OWWWW!!! What the hell?!"
    Mordenkainen looked down at the floating sixth-tenths of a zombie that had finally gotten high enough and close enough to take a big chunk out of the sith's arm. "You little bastard!" He pushed the zombie off of him and with a series of motions, chopped the partial zombie in a whole lot of little pieces, ending its unlife.

Only to learn the deadly mistake of being distracted by a zombie while fighting an Eradicator Hexapod as he got disintegrated. And plasma bolted. And psionic blasted. And stomped upon. Several times. Repeatedly.
    And once more for good measure.

Leaving only the Hexapod alone to go duck hunting.

Congratulations go to:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RECAIDEN! You won Insanowar 3!

Also congrats to everyone else! All of you were great players and there was a lot of awesome moves this game.

Trophies or something similar will be coming soon!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #248
    Firbolg in the Playground

That was awesome, and not just because I won. I didn't expect the ducks and zombie to come back like that.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show
    Recaiden

You won! Congratulations. Maybe your experience in the first one helped you out this time. Most likely it was just having a giant robot of doom that could assimilate parts and your own skill. Either way, job well done.

Shadowcaller

Not sure what exactly it was between you two, but you and Recaiden sure seemed to have it out for each other. Fortunately you both fought fair, despite being at each other's throats (with a dimir assassin blade). Just make sure you sleep with one eye open.

Saint Nil

Whether sacrificing units for new ones or fusing together unholy units in ways that just SHOULD NOT BE, you manipulated your units to get you what you needed when you needed it. Well done sir.

Mordokai

Things looked pretty rough for you there for a while. So when you threw everyone for a loop by sacrificing your own units in order to get the terrain to attack people, you just showed how creative you can be under pressure.

Fin

Well Fin, maybe it was your zombies. Or maybe it was Belkar. Or maybe it was just because you were providing the cake. But somehow or another, for much of the game your units were left intact. When it came to defense you were the best.

Right. Well I hope everyone had a good time. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for coming out to Insanowar 3!
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-05-28 at 02:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

I had fun and maybe I'd play again. Good job at narrationg Reinholdt, the random events were fun, tough I wish I'd find a way to put ducks to good use. Thanks for an award, even if that pun hurts me to the bottom of my blackened soul
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yes, a great game without too much drama.

Too bad Fin had to pull out in the middle of it, would have been even more fun if he didn't.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Hey guys, great job Reinholdt! really sorry I had to drop out but I have signed up fo future games so hoepfully I'll get a full run. Well done guys, I have read the rest of the thread since I vanished and it was very good. I'd like to thank recaiden for sparing my partial Zombie at one point, it did come back with a vengeance though

Great game!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!