1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What is YOUR Zanpaktou?

All hail Xondoure's idea!
    Please?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I agree, sorry for derailing the thread.

So... what to talk about? Oh! What about when we were talking about the strength levels of the various Zanpakuto in terms of other weaponry?
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    We should probably continue this topic on another thread and let this one get back to its zanpakuto's.
    Yeah, I'd be up for that.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

So. Couple days old thread about Zanpaktou that I missed because I haven't been around lately. Ya know what? I wanna post this, so I'm gonna, and ain't no one gonna complain.

Soul Reaper: Minoru Hojo

Serei-kiri (blah, boring name, but it works for now)

Sealed: A shorter blade that's mostly straight, but still edged like a katana.

Shikai: "Kieru, Serei-kiri..."
    The blade vanishes, leaving a barely visible translucent wavering in its place. This blade is incapable of interacting with actual objects, making it incapable of cutting an opponent or blocking their blade. However, it is also unblockable... allowing it show it's true power. By slashing the blade through an opponent, Serei-kiri damages their spiritual energies, weakening the opponent, eventually cutting off their ability to use their zanpaktou and kido. Against a weaker opponent, one swipe will often do this, while a few blows are needed for an equal foe. Hojo finishes the weakened foe with kido.

Bankai: Serei-kiri no tentou
    Hojo turns the translucent blade towards himself, and stabs it into his body, which absorbs it. He is surrounded by a distorted aura, and his arms become wrapped up to the forearm in cloth with strange symbols on it. This imparts two effects.
    1. The effect related to its shikai. He emits an aura in a radius depending on his power and how much spiritual pressure he chooses to exert. All targets, friend or foe within this aura have their spiritual energy slowly drained into the wielder, allowing him to perpetuate his bankai for a longer time against stronger opponents. Furthermore, any blows dealt by his fists drain a far greater amount of energy.
    2. Hojo's ability to use kido is greatly enhanced. Low level kido can be used rapid-fire at full power, and kido normally beyond his ability to use become fully accessible to at least 5 levels. Anything used with the full chant and motions is enhanced in power a couple times over as well, so that even a low level kido could demolish powerful targets.

Spirit: Seirei-kiri's spirit is a young woman. This woman would be beautiful, if she were not disgustingly thin and pale as death, with sunken eyes and chapped lips; her long white hair is the only element of her that seems to contain any sort of life in it, still being full and healthy. Indeed, her black kimono is worn as though she were buried not long ago, with the right side wrapped over top of the left.

Despite her appearance, Serei-kiri is not an entirely morose zanpaktou. While quiet and somewhat haughty in keeping with her master's personality, she often annoys him with her humorously clever observations, and her tendency to insist that he give some of his questionable foes mercy. Even if they disagree, however, she enjoys one of the strongest rapports with her wielder of any known zanpaktou, and they talk often and casually without any sort of meditation on Hojo's part; this unusually strong bond makes accessing bankai a surprisingly easy task for Hojo.

Hojo would likely be an officer below one of the more discerning and hard-nosed captains, and be quite willing to take the job himself. Alternatively, he could be a member of the kido corps., enhancing his ability to finish his weakened opponents.
    i am gendum

I am Lord Guilford of /m/

5. - Top - End - #245
    Bugbear in the Playground

Regular: sword. Shikai: BFS. Bankai: NUKE SWORD. Aaw yeah.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDude View Post
    Shikai: "Kieru, Serei-kiri..."
    I'm not thinking coherantly enough to comment on the actual sword, but this should be "Kiero", and I'm not sure if your Zanpakutou's name is supposed to mean something or not.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    I'm not thinking coherantly enough to comment on the actual sword, but this should be "Kiero", and I'm not sure if your Zanpakutou's name is supposed to mean something or not.
    Hm? Came up with it a while ago and wrote it down with briefest reference to a translator. Probably misspelled it too. I'll get back to it sometime...
    i am gendum

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDude View Post
    Hm? Came up with it a while ago and wrote it down with briefest reference to a translator. Probably misspelled it too. I'll get back to it sometime...
    Well, see, the verb is accurate, but is not in the command form.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Me and my friends do this all the time so here is mine.

Name: Bloodclaw

Sealed: Normal sword

Shikai: *Bleed your Foe* Claws for both hands that use spirt energy to cut more easy or unleash small blast

Bankai: *Tear the soul* Claws that go from the elbow to about 1 foot out of the hand/fingers. Also has "feet" claws for rakeing foes. Increases speed and strength more.

Spirit Bloodclaw is a tiger that loves to fight and get up and close in battle. Useing a style that is close to kenpachi but not as crazy.
    Last edited by Demons_eye; 2009-04-03 at 10:35 PM.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

10. - Top - End - #250
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Star Knight

Sealed Form: A normal katana with a black blade edge and hilt.

Shikai: "Blaze with fury, Star Knight!"
    The sword changes into a double edged straight sword, with the fore-edge ending in a 45-degree angle which meets the aft-edge. The blade increased in size about 50%. The guard changes into a thick v-shape and the hilt extends for easy two-handed leverage. The sword can now shoot energy blasts Zangetsu style, as well as being able to be thrown with deadly accuracy and returning to my hand on it's own.

Bankai: "Heir to the throne, Immortal Star Emperor!"
    Basically, It becomes a suit of Tekkaman armor from the anime Tekkaman Blade. With all the powers and general abilities thereof, toned down a bit of course since I don't think shinigami can survive nuclear blasts. The primary colors are black and silver, with blue body crystals and eye visor.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by yukigono View Post
    Name: Star Knight

Sealed Form: A normal katana with a black blade edge and hilt.

Shikai: "Blaze with fury, Star Knight!"
    The sword changes into a double edged straight sword, with the fore-edge ending in a 45-degree angle which meets the aft-edge. The blade increased in size about 50%. The guard changes into a thick v-shape and the hilt extends for easy two-handed leverage. The sword can now shoot energy blasts Zangetsu style, as well as being able to be thrown with deadly accuracy and returning to my hand on it's own.

Bankai: "Heir to the throne, Immortal Star Emperor!"
    Basically, It becomes a suit of Tekkaman armor from the anime Tekkaman Blade. With all the powers and general abilities thereof, toned down a bit of course since I don't think shinigami can survive nuclear blasts. The primary colors are black and silver, with blue body crystals and eye visor.
    Being generous and putting off actual work, how about I translate some of that for you?

Star Knight: Hoshigishi

Blaze with Fury: Moui ni Moesakare

Heir to the throne, immortal star emperor: Ouikeishousha, Fumetsuna Hoshijinnou

12. - Top - End - #252
    Pixie in the Playground

Being generous and putting off actual work, how about I translate some of that for you?

Star Knight: Hoshigishi

Blaze with Fury: Moui ni Moesakare

Heir to the throne, immortal star emperor: Ouikeishousha, Fumetsuna Hoshijinnou
    Thank you very much! I appreciate it.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, see, the verb is accurate, but is not in the command form.
    Ah, I see. Well that's an easy fix... maybe?

I really need to get around to learning Japanese, right after I finish teaching myself to play piano >_>
    i am gendum

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Collin, would you be willing to translate my Zanpaktou into japanese?
    I'll put the meaning of the names up here so you don't have to go back.
    Shikai: Heavenly Blade
    Bankai: Balefire (if you've read the Wheel of Time series, try to evoke balefire from that. If you've haven't, the meaning should be close to Burning Light)
    Abilities: Divine Arrow, Divine Blast, Divine Light

Shikai activation: Bring light to the darkness

Thanks in advance!

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Collin, would you be willing to translate my Zanpaktou into japanese?
    I'll put the meaning of the names up here so you don't have to go back.
    Shikai: Heavenly Blade
    Bankai: Balefire (if you've read the Wheel of Time series, try to evoke balefire from that. If you've haven't, the meaning should be close to Burning Light)
    Abilities: Divine Arrow, Divine Blast, Divine Light

Shikai activation: Bring light to the darkness

Thanks in advance!
    Certainly!
    Heavenly Blade: [LIT:Tenraina Tsurugi] Better: Shinken [Literally, Divine Sword, referring to one of the three great Celestial treasures of Shinto mythology]

Balefire: Hametsubi means "Destruction Fire"
    Burning Light: Moetatsu Hikari
    And in the event you'd prefer Destruction Light, Hametsubikari.

Divine Arrow: Shinya, I think.

Divine Blast: Shinbakufuu, maybe...

Divine Light: Shinbikari, probably.

Bring Light to Darkness: Yami ni Hikari wo Motte Koi. Probably.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Horngeek, I totally copied you and linked my zanpaktou post in my sig.
    Collin, major props for all the translation work, man. It's a big help for the English-only people around here (or me, at least).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here's mine.

Name: Akiame

Specialty: Weather manipulation

Sealed: An ornate wakizashi, its guard and hilt shaped like a windblown cloud.

Shikai: "Weep for the dying, Akiame."
    The sword becomes a black iron longsword, looking pitted and worn, though this has no effect on its sharpness or durability. Heavy rain begins to pour over a small area around the wielder. The water sticks to living creatures (and those in similar states), forming into a bubble around them, slowing them down and obscuring their sight. The wielder is unaffected by this, but the mass of water adds considerably to his momentum when he moves. The longer the Shikai is held, the more effective it becomes; opponents (and, unfortunately, bystanders) risk drowning in the water that clings to them, which grows heavier by the minute and which the wielder can pass through like air, and after about five minutes, lightning begins to strike from the clouds above.

Bankai: "Heaven's Wake"
    A (relatively) miniature hurricane forms around the wielder, who floats at its eye. The wind accelerates the rain to ridiculous speeds; each drop hits with the force of a nail gun. Low level Hollows are immediately obliterated by it, and even Gillian Menos and Lieutenant level Shinigami are in serious danger. More powerful creatures are still slowed considerably by the winds and driving rain without special protection. The rain is also an effective shield against ranged attacks and energy blasts, dissipating them before they can reach the wielder, and blocks shunpo and sonido through it. The wielder's vision is not obscured by the storm, and he can fire blasts of lightning at targets within it with his sword. If an opponent is able to pierce the storm and reach the eye, however, the wielder is at a significant disadvantage: floating on the wind reduces his ability to swing his sword effectively, to the point where any creature powerful or skilled enough to overcome the storm has basically won the fight.

Spirit: Akiame manifests as a woman made obsidian and covered in flames. She is cheerful, talkative, and incredibly blunt, and greatly enjoys talking with her wielder but is extremely unhelpful in his attempts to master her powers. After achieving Bankai, her wielder's primary goal is to figure out why she is so opposite his own quiet, sober, careful demeanor, and why her appearance seems so opposite her name and abilities. Akiame clearly knows the answer, but isn't telling.
    "Your sentence unfortunately happens to be the precise name of a long-forgotten deity with the portfolio 'destroying all life'." - Mewthario

Ah, the dread entity known only as "Okay, what if I set it on fire?" strikes once more. - The_Snark

Like Pokemon Nuzlockes? Come read Into the Dark: A Moemon Eternal v3 Storylocke.
    I also have an AO3 made of Homestucks.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground

EDIT: Added Background
    Thanks for the translations Collin
    I've been following this forum for a long while, like since the beginning, and I must say I'm impressed by everyone's dedication and I suppose it would be a good time to actually contribute something rather than just lurking around. So here goes nothing:
    Shinigami:Maeda, Katsuhito (that is my real name btw ><), 3rd squad Captain
    Reiatsu:A crackling electricity that is yellow in color but usually supressed
    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

Katsuhito-or Katsu as his friends call him, maintains a quiet demeanor, except when he's with good friends (which he doesn't have). When a situation is tenuous he generally tries to mitigate the situation but also has his share of quarrels. He keeps his cool when insults are thrown and sometimes even when stricken. But when friends are threatened he becomes filled with fury and his violent reiatsu elevates but usually tries not to reveal too many of his sword's capabilities by using shuunpo and kido instead. Despite his distaste for fighting he loves to pester his friends (which he sitll doesn't have ). He also has an inner hollow that he has subdued, but no one knows (see Background)

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Katsu wears the face of a boy, maybe sixteen or seventeen years of age, with dark, long, unruly hair the left side of his bangs drooping close to his eye sometimes getting in the way. He wears the standard Hakama with the number three painted across the back in chinese characters to suggest his position as well as a bamboo hat which does nothing to improve his melancholy appearance. His hip is adorned with an ornate sheath aparently for a wider blade than most that contains a jagged blade resembling a lightning bolt pattern on the edge. He walks with the swift gait of a man with purpose and has a resolve in his dark orbs to match.

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bear with me:

Long before he'd even become part of the Gotei 13, Katsuhito was an urchin in the streets of Rukongai. He had a small group of friends whom he lived with, and shared with. Obviously, since they were orphans they got in trouble with the elder members of Rukongai which wrought the suffering that made him despise conflict.

He had two friends who had been like brother and sister to him, their names were, Shintaro and Kiku. They had to steal to survive, but this eventually became the undoing of Shintaro, when one day the two of them had found his bruised and broken form at their last rendezvous point. Hidden in the shadows were the perpetrators who intended to do the same. They leaped from their hiding places and tried to strike them. Katsu only remembers the fear of being alone and then blacking out. When he came to, the two murderers lay dead and bleeding in the rain, and his friend looked at him with fear in her eyes. Katsu then asked her, "What happened?" Suddenly comprehension rose in her face and the fear left her face, but was soon replaced with grief as she said, "I don't know... you killed them." And they both wept for their fallen friend.

As they finished burying Shintaro, a man robed in black aproached them and gruffly anounced, "You two," surprised they turned, "I would like to adopt you into the Maeda family, and..." he hesitated, "to grant you training in the Shinigami Academy..." Heartily they accepted and began their new lives.

They could never forget the travesty that had befallen their friend and had both been shaken by it to this day. Though this had not stopped them from finding a new relationship between eachother. They were close, and considered getting married but Kiku had still been unsure. Then he lost her. Many times they fought together, but once was different. A hollow had threatened Kiku's life and he tried to protect her, but blacked out (again) he awoke, the hollow destroyed and Kiku lay dying not a few feet from him. "Kiku you're going to be fine," he wept, for alas, he knew this was not true. Kiku knew too and from her color-ridden face she whispered, "I'm going to die aren't I, Katsu? Shh..." she put a hand to his open mouth, "I'm sure you're going to miss me...*cough* but don't let it keep you down, don't give up on life... *cough* please, for me?" Katsu, still weeping nodded and stuttered, "I-I..." "I love you, Katsu." and as she said so, she coughed up more blood, and her body grew cold. Torn and stricken by grief he vowed to stop this from happening to him or anyone else. After he was well enough to do so, he buried her next to their old friend who died in Rukongai.

He then realized that his vow was unrealistic and impossible but still strove toward the goal of peace. He trained tirelessly to gain power and prestige and used it to try to ease conflict where he saw it, and still does to this day.

Zanpakuto: Raikiba

Sealed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A long katana with a razor-sharp edge with "teeth" and lines etched into the side in a similar pattern, giving it resemblance to a lightning bolt.

Shikai: Sora wo Ware, Raikiba (Split the Sky)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The release has several uses. First, I can raise Raikiba's tip skyward, immediately summoning a lightning bolt from the sky, smiting foes from a distance with fair precision also allowing me to continue to do so by bringing my sword down from the same skyward alignment. By shouting "Arashi no Tore!" after releasing Raikiba, a lightning bolt crashes down into Raikiba, charging him with deadly amounts of electricity that spikes from the blade, striking foes even if the edge missed. Finally, I can throw Raikiba into the heavens shouting "Nigasena!", but this time, lightning rains from the sky in all directions within several hundred feet for a few seconds. Using this final attack however, shatters Raikiba and leaves me exhausted and nearly defenseless and is so used only as a last resort.

Bankai: Raikiba, Hikari to Kyousoushiro (Race the Light)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raikiba's spirit manifests his electric form encasing my own. The sword dissapears and I drop to all fours and the lightning covering my body resembles the form of a leopard. My speed increases dramatically and approaches lightspeed, however my power doesn't increase so much from the shikai form, however, using speed to my advantage I could strike my foe several times before they can amount a sufficient defense. After being stricken by lightning several times (the electricity has the same magnitude of energy as lightning), the foe could quite possibly be immobilized. Without the use of a blade it would be impossible to activate any of the shikai abilities.

Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    An apparition of a leopard's form made formed solely from crackling electricity. Raikiba is mild-tempered but extremely decisive (some view this as being a control freak but I, obviously beg to differ ><). He makes careful decisions and feels he has all the time in the world-due in part to his uncanny speed-to make them which is sometimes a great vice. He and I both feel a certain responsibility to this world and the next to keep the peace and will sometimes toss all that careful decision-planning through the window to protect the helpless.

Bankai Training:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, the mindscape is a giant forest, full of places to hide. The bankai training takes is quite simply: tag. but the wielder of Raikiba (me) can't outrun him but if his will is great, he will discover that the mindscape is only his own thoughts giving places for Raikiba to hide, and he must clear his mind before trying to find him. After which, realizing that speed is also only an illusion he can attempt to overtake Raikiba by which time, will only be a contest of wills percieved as a chase.

Thx again Collin for translates
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-06-04 at 10:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, KnightDisciple. And thank you for the translations, Collin.

The final version (pobably/maybe) of my Zanpaktou, this time with japanese names and terms.

Name: Hayashi Daisuke (family name, given name)

Position: Captain-Commander

Reiatsu: When sealed and in Shikai, it is orange.
    However, when in Bankai, it shifts to Dark Orange, with a fair amount of Dar Red thrown in.

Personality: Captain Hayashi Daisuke is a fair leader of the Gotei 13, making sure to not aggrivate his subordinates, although he has an... active sense of humor, for example making joke versions of Captain Satoshi's plans and then publicly posting them. He will try to find out as much as he can about his subordinates, in order to understand them. He does have a... flair for the dramatic, somthing which annoys Captain Sigmund no end. He also almost never uses titles unless he's about to say somthing serious.

His major pastimes are playing music and reading.

If anyone tries to hurt those under his command, he drops the slightly goofy guy act, and will utterly destroy those who were foolish enough to provoke him.

Sealed form: A large katana, kind of like the sealed form of Zangetsu.

Shikai: "Yami ni Hikari wo Motte Koi, Shinken" (Bring light to the darkness, Divine Sword) The blade starts to glow, and I gain acsess to three special attacks
    • Shinya (Divine Arrow): The glow from Shinken extends much like an arrow made entirely of light
    • Shinbakufuu (Divine Blast): The glow from Shinken forms into a blast of energy
    • Shinbikari (Divine Light): The glow increases to a level of brightness that blinds anyone but me who looks at the blade

Bankai: "Moetatsu Hikari" The glow form the blade starts to behave almost like fire, and in fact the blade burns anyone cut by it. All three of the attacks acsessable in Shikai are sitll available, and become stronger.

There is also engraving on Moetatsu Hikari. This is not visible past the intensity of the glow, but as time continues, the engraving starts to slow with a silvery light. As this happens, I become even more powerful. The reason for this is that using Bankai actually sends Moetatsu Hikari into a beserk rage, that gets stronger as time goes by.

The reason that Shinken is so large actually rests in Moetatsu Hikari. You see, most Bankai are large, and so require a large amount of energy to keep maintained, that being its only weakness. Moetatsu Hikari, however, gets no larger than normal, meaning that the massive amounts of reiatsu are concentrated in the (relatively) small area. This could start hurting Daisuke if the glow didn't start behaving like fire, and the large size of the blade allows the reiatsu to be dissapated. In fact, when he dons his Vizard mask, even this isn't enough, and the glow forms a pair of wings out of Daisuke's back. Needless to say, once this happens, the opponent is utterly, utterly stuffed.

In shikai and bankai I can cause the blade to shatter, and then unleash a much more powerful version of any of my attacks (normally using Shinya).

I also have a Vizard mask, and when using it and Moetatsu Hikari together, the glow emanating from the blade also forms a pair of wings.

When using the shatter form of my attacks, in Bankai, with the Vizard mask, the glow actually completely stops for about a second before unleashing somthing that could very possibly make an atomic bomb look like a firecracker.

Spirit: Shinken manifests as a young woman, who is dressed in a colour-swapped version of the shinigami uniform (white where there was black, and vice-versa).

I'm also moderately skilled in Kido focusing more on binding and defensive kido than offensive.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-05-27 at 04:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #260

Does she have chalk-white skin and black lips too?!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

No. Shinken's spirit, apart form the clothing difference and the fact that she does not carry a sword, looks like a normal shinigami.

The Bankai training, in my case, would be a hand-to-hand fight with her.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #262

Ahh i see...

Colin? can I get some translations plz?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh, Bankai training. I imagine Kurage would have me holding his Shikai version, and I have to try and land a single blow on him while the sword's tendrils are wrapped about my arm (thus knocking out motor function fairly quickly)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    I've been following this forum for a long while, like since the beginning, and I must say I'm impressed by everyone's dedication and I suppose it would be a good time to actually contribute something rather than just lurking around. So here goes nothing:
    Name: Raikiba

Sealed: A long katana with a razor-sharp but jagged edge, resembling a lightning bolt.

Shikai: Yaburema no Sora, Raikiba (Split the Sky*)
    The release has several uses. First, I can raise Raikiba's tip skyward, immediately summoning a lightning bolt from the sky, smiting foes from a distance with fair precision. By shouting "Take the Storm!"* after releasing Raikiba, a lightning bolt crashes down into Raikiba, charging him with deadly amounts of electricity that spikes from the blade, striking foes even if the edge missed. Finally, I can throw Raikiba into the heavens shouting "Don't let them get away!"*, but this time, lightning rains from the sky in all directions within several hundred feet for a few seconds. Using this final attack however, shatters Raikiba and leaves me exhausted and nearly defenseless and is so used only as a last resort.

Bankai: Raikiba, Kyousou sono Tomoshibi (Race the Light*)
    Raikiba's spirit manifests his electric form encasing my own. The sword dissapears and I drop to all fours and the lightning covering my body resembles the form of a leopard. My speed increases dramatically and approaches lightspeed, however my power doesn't increase so much from the shikai form, however, using speed to my advantage I could strike my foe several times before they can amount a sufficient defense. After being stricken by lightning several times (the electricity has the same magnitude of energy as lightning), the foe could quite possibly be immobilized. Without the use of a blade it would be impossible to activate any of the shikai abilities.

Spirit: An apparition of a leopard's form made formed solely from crackling electricity. Raikiba is mild-tempered but extremely decisive (some view this as being a control freak but I, obviously beg to differ ><). He makes careful decisions and feels he has all the time in the world-due in part to his uncanny speed-to make them which is sometimes a great vice. He and I both feel a certain responsibility to this world and the next to keep the peace and will sometimes toss all that careful decision-planning through the window to protect the helpless.

*Needs translations plz. thx.
    Okay.

Split the sky: Sora wo Ware

Take the Storm: Arashi wo Tore

Don't let them get away: Nigasena! (Maybe, I'm really not sure about this one)

Race the Light: Hikari to Kyousoushiro

24. - Top - End - #264

All done! One more thanks for the translator-man!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    I'm not really a fan of Bleach, but I enjoy watching it every now and then, and I never pass up the opportunity to invent something for kicks and giggles.

Name: Sanguinus

Basic Form: Sanguinus appears as a katana that never is never quite clean; flecks of rust spot the blade and, occasionally, a faint trickle of blood will slide off of the blade when it is drawn.

Shikai: ("Weep, Sanguinus.") Warm, sticky blood streams from Sanguinus' blade, which alters to a more European style (heavier, straighter, with a plain cross-hilt). The droplets and lines of blood that come off of the blade can be turned into red metallic projectiles (usually long, thin needles, though daggers are possible) at will. The blade cries and sobs audibly.

Bankai: ("Sweet Mourning") The blood pouring from Sanguinus' blade forms a long, thin tendril that may be used as a whip or discorporated into projectiles. Woe betide anything possessed of blood cut by the blade or the whip; the blade draws out the blood from its victims in huge gouts, "drinking" it to heal any wounds in its weilder. The blade's cries become hysterical, little more than guilt-wracked shrieks and sobs.
    Hey Collin, can I snag some translations?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Hey Collin, can I snag some translations?
    Sure.
    Sanguinus: Chisuke (This one was just for fun; Latin names often end in 'us', Japanese names often end in 'suke', so Blood+name-suffix. Literally, it could translate to Blood Helper, but might use some other kanji. No need to keep it, as Sanguinus or whatever is pretty neat too.)

Weep: Nake

Sweet Mourning: Karenna Imi

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

To quote Colin, Oooh! Bankai training!

I imagine that for mine, the first half of the training would be finding the spirit. As I said in the description, the sword's spirit is broken up into pieces of cloudstuff and scattered across the mindscape. After being externalized, the spirit would challenge me to find the piece wich contains the spirit's heart, at which time the real training begins. When that happens, there is a big fight in a big old sphere of gale-strength winds. the challenge to the shinigami is to keep himself focused on the fight, and to find his opponent in the howling winds. This kind of focus is integral to properly using this particular bankai, you know.
    Awesome Avatar by Shattersnap.

Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to El Goonish Shive for the banner image.

Give a player a fish, and he’ll probably try to sell it to an NPC fisherman.

Teach a player to fish, and next week he’ll show up with the book, “The Complete Adventuring Fisherman”. He’ll start hunting for some monstrous leviathan to catch and enslave, and he’ll be dual-wielding two fishing poles.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Enlong View Post
    To quote Colin, Oooh! Bankai training!

I imagine that for mine, the first half of the training would be finding the spirit. As I said in the description, the sword's spirit is broken up into pieces of cloudstuff and scattered across the mindscape. After being externalized, the spirit would challenge me to find the piece wich contains the spirit's heart, at which time the real training begins. When that happens, there is a big fight in a big old sphere of gale-strength winds. the challenge to the shinigami is to keep himself focused on the fight, and to find his opponent in the howling winds. This kind of focus is integral to properly using this particular bankai, you know.
    Right, the point of the bizzare fight...
    Umm... Well, I guess the fight would mostly go like this:
    Shinigami standing perfectly still, venomous tentacles just a hair away from his arm, trying to find the perfect moment to strike, as he only really gets one shot at it. But because his primary character flaw is this overthinking to the exclusion of any action, the real point of the excercise is to just power through the obstical and hit the damn jellyfish, especially since waiting and thinking just makes it harder.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Banned

MonkGuy

Sword of "SHUT UP! BLEACH IS A HORRIBLE ANIME!": The blade automatically summons a girlfriend into existence to make sure the opponent gains a life and isn't forced to watch horrible anime.
    Last edited by Berserk Monk; 2009-04-07 at 10:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Zanpaktou's spirit: A detail-less shade that takes the place of the user's shadow, having the vague outline of the last person that the user fought. Not particularly loud, it seems content to go un-observed even when it materializes and takes on the role of an uncanny observer most times.

Bankai Training: The spirit takes the form of the wearer and the one that the wearer loves most in the world. The 'training' can better be described as emotional torture as the image of the wearer's loved one immiedetely attacks the shadow of him/herself and rips it apart (which does hurt the wearer). This begins again once the wearer-shadow is ripped limb from limb and doesn't stop until the bearer of the sword either dies or has achieved bankai. The 'training' succeeds when the bearer of the sword manages to slay the loved-one-shadow without a trace of guilt or remorse since Kangoroshiya refuses to be wielded by one of a weak heart or infirm will.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."