New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default intuitive attack (3.5 redux) and tactical mind

Intuitive Attack (Redux)
    Your martial training and instinctive understanding of combat guides your weapon more than brute strength.
    Prerequisites: +3 base attack bonus, 13 Wisdom
    Effects: When you attack with any weapon with which you are proficient, you may add your Wisdom modifier to the attack roll in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier if doing so would be advantageous to you.

why? because there was no reason to make this an exalted feat, and there is no reason that it should only work for simple weapons.

Tactical Mind
    Your grasp of combat strategy and martial discipline allow you to use the strength of your mind, rather than the strength of your arm, to guide your attacks.
    Prerequisites: +3 base attack bonus, 13 Intelligence
    Effects: When you attack with any weapon with which you are proficient, you may add your Intelligence modifier to the attack roll in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier if doing so would be advantageous to you.

Deceptive Strikes
    Your movements and intentions are so difficult to read in combat, that enemies have a difficult time reacting to your attacks.
    Prerequisites: +3 base attack bonus, Cha 13
    Benefit: When you attack with any weapon with which you are proficient, you may add your Charisma modifier to the attack roll in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier if doing so would be advantageous to you.
    Credit: Xefas
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2009-07-01 at 03:27 PM.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: intuitive attack (3.5 redux) and tactical mind

Why do you have wisdom as a prerequisite for tactical mind?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Here's one thing - I'd just eliminate the BAB requirement for each. I mean, Weapon Finesse has that annoying +1 that I usually houserule out anyway, so if anything I'd drop it down to that level.

Also, yeah, change "Wisdom" to "Intelligence" in the second one.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

oops. typo. fixed. thanks. look at that–four, one-word sentences. nifty. that makes five.

EDIT: oh yeah, forgot. i'm not getting rid of the bab requisite. for houserules, go right ahead. but for standard purposes, i think that it is fitting.
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2009-03-20 at 10:55 PM.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Considering Bluff is a Charisma-based skill, and the Feint action (which uses Bluff, obviously) makes enemies easier to strike, how about a similarly fluffed Charisma feat?

Something like:

Deceptive Strikes
    Your movements and intentions are so difficult to read in combat, that enemies have a difficult time reacting to your attacks.
    Prerequisites: 4 ranks in Bluff, Cha 13
    Benefit: When you attack with any weapon with which you are proficient, you may add your Charisma modifier to the attack roll in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier if doing so would be advantageous to you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

that one looks good, though for my games, i'd switch it to a bab requirement.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns