New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Quick 4e question - Multiclass feats

Hi all -

I've noticed that some of the multi-class feats (say, Warlord and Bard, for instance) give a daily use of a power from that class. In the case of the two examples cited, the powers are Encounter powers that you can use more than once per encounter.

My question is...does the multiclass feat in effect copy the power completely, swapping "Daily" or "per day" for "Encounter" or "per encounter", or does it simply allow you to use the power once per day, regardless of the associated text in the original power description?

I suspect that the latter is the case (use Inspiring Word, for instance, just one time per day), but I would like to confirm that my take on this is appropriate.

Thanks in advance for your help!

- M

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Quick 4e question - Multiclass feats

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    Hi all -

I've noticed that some of the multi-class feats (say, Warlord and Bard, for instance) give a daily use of a power from that class. In the case of the two examples cited, the powers are Encounter powers that you can use more than once per encounter.

My question is...does the multiclass feat in effect copy the power completely, swapping "Daily" or "per day" for "Encounter" or "per encounter", or does it simply allow you to use the power once per day, regardless of the associated text in the original power description?

I suspect that the latter is the case (use Inspiring Word, for instance, just one time per day), but I would like to confirm that my take on this is appropriate.

Thanks in advance for your help!

- M
    You are correct, it is 1/day.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Quick 4e question - Multiclass feats

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    It doesn't swap anything, it simply gives you the power as written, with the additional restriction that you can use it once per day only.

So yes, the latter. The FAQ confirms this.

The jury is still out on whether the Avenger multiclass includes the ability recharging, though. Arguably, RAW says yes while RAI says no.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!