New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post

Good night, all and sundry. 'tis late, 'tis late, and I...have absolutely nothing to do tomorrow.
    Except send poor Dirky his hat before he dies of old age! Srsly, it might happen!
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!
    Officially putting in for an extended leave of absence.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    Except send poor Dirky his hat before he dies of old age! Srsly, it might happen!

I'm really close to done making it. If I'd sat down and done it in one bout it would've taken about three hours...I've spread it over like three weeks. Ha ha. But...'s nearly finished! Then I just have to figure out what sort of package I need in order to send it!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

See, Dirky, I told you there was nothing to worry about!

DeeRee, he has been going on about that hat for weeks!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

good to know he's excited, anyway.

So yesterday we all were talking about town sizes, yes? And as I was driving home from karate last night - two minutes from the dojo to my house - I was thinking about how we have a weird mentality about distances here. People complain when they have to drive "to the other end of town" (8 minutes going the speed limit) and yet will happily drive two hours each way just to go to Costco for half an hour. And will do it every weekend.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

So yesterday we all were talking about town sizes, yes? And as I was driving home from karate last night - two minutes from the dojo to my house - I was thinking about how we have a weird mentality about distances here. People complain when they have to drive "to the other end of town" (8 minutes going the speed limit) and yet will happily drive two hours each way just to go to Costco for half an hour. And will do it every weekend.

People drive 2 hours to Costco? What strange land of insanity do you live in DR?
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2009-03-25 at 11:16 AM.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

Large, padded envelope! Really, what is with all the shipping (I don't mean 'Shipping) questions lately. . .not that I mind, it's just odd.

I now realize that the downside of having only a letter slot, and not a mailbox, is that it's impossible to do the Charlie Brown routine while waiting for an item to arrive. Kneeling, poking the flap up, and peering through it is much less pathetic and much more disturbing. I want to tiiiiiiiiiinker!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    People drive 2 hours to Costco? What strange land of insanity do you live in DR?
    A land where Costco is two hours away.

8. - Top - End - #98

A land where Costco is two hours away.
    But aren't there any viable alternatives? Or do you have no stores whatsoever within a 2 hour radius
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

9. - Top - End - #99

Convince people that they're saving money and they'll do anything.

I bet that if you took someone's foot off, and then reminded them how much they're going to save on socks, they'd probably thank you.

...2 hours both ways? I can almost get from here to Springfield in that...

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

But aren't there any viable alternatives? Or do you have no stores whatsoever within a 2 hour radius
    Well...there's Wal-Mart. And Bi-Mart.

There are probably closer alternatives - and if traffic in the city is good, it only takes an hour and a half - but if you want Costco, or Target, or a MALL, you gotta drive a loooooooooong way.

@Cristo: States are BIG out here.

11. - Top - End - #101

Actually, chopping someone's foot off, they won't save money. Socks are very rarely sold individually, so they'll be wasting moneybuying unneeded socks. The only solution is to kill them, so they never have to spend money again.

Or you could just not cut off any feet in the first place.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

12. - Top - End - #102

Actually, chopping someone's foot off, they won't save money. Socks are very rarely sold individually, so they'll be wasting moneybuying unneeded socks. The only solution is to kill them, so they never have to spend money again.

Kinda like how they're not really saving any money driving 2 hours to get to a Costco...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider
    @Cristo: States are BIG out here.
    Roughly twice the size of Illinois, I know.

13. - Top - End - #103

Ooooooooor, they buy the same amount of socks and they last twice as long because they only wear one at a time. Also, you could go longer without doing laundry!

Shoes...shoes would be the problem. I guess you could offer to buy the partner of the display shoe, maybe?
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Kinda like how they're not really saving any money driving 2 hours to get to a Costco...
    A large part of the issue lies in the fact that there are some things that are extremely difficult to find here. For example, I can't THINK of a place where you can buy a nice BED. A futon, maybe. Or if you go to a secondhand store.

...The internet is our friend.

15. - Top - End - #105

A large part of the issue lies in the fact that there are some things that are extremely difficult to find here. For example, I can't THINK of a place where you can buy a nice BED. A futon, maybe. Or if you go to a secondhand store.

...The internet is our friend.
    See, I'm spoiled, I live within 15 minutes of:

Costco
    Best Buy (and until recently Circuit City)
    Wal-Mart
    Target
    K-Mart
    Barnes & Noble
    Games Workshop
    Staples
    OfficeMax (and until recently an Office Depot)
    3 grocery stores
    A mall (though said mall is becoming a very sad, sad place...)
    many, many restaurants and fast food places

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

I live in the heart of my home city.

Anything that isn't in Norman is usually in Oklahoma City, about a twenty minute drive away.

I love living in the Oasis that is the Oklahoma City Metro... Beyond that, there is nothing in Oklahoma except for Tulsa.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

B-b-b-barnes and Noble? WANT!

Whenever we go to Portland (rarely) we HAVE to stop at a bookstore. Usually Barnes and Noble, but occasionally POWELL'S. HEAVEN.

18. - Top - End - #108

Ooooooooor, they buy the same amount of socks and they last twice as long because they only wear one at a time. Also, you could go longer without doing laundry!

Shoes...shoes would be the problem. I guess you could offer to buy the partner of the display shoe, maybe?
    Share with someone of the same size who has had their opposite foot removed.
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Whenever we go to Portland (rarely) we HAVE to stop at a bookstore. Usually Barnes and Noble, but occasionally POWELL'S. HEAVEN.
    We have a Barnes and Noble and a Border's in town.

I much prefer B&N, however.

My wife and I will occasionally spend hours there, sitting in a chair and reading books instead of purchasing them.

Now, as a potential/hopefully/soontobe published author, that is a most reprehensible activity. But... damn it I'm poor!

Edit: Cristo: The closest Games Workshop to me is 3 hours away, in Dallas.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-03-25 at 12:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

I live across the river from the biggest city in Western Canada. If there's anything you can't find near me, it's because they don't have it up here.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

21. - Top - End - #111

There was a Waldenbooks in the mall, but it went away and made me sad...

Go a bit further out and there's a Borders, which is where we do most of our book shopping since it's right by where we usually see our movies.

...though that theatre owes me $11 and 2 hours of my life back for Duplicity...

Actually, thever we can there's a used book store we always try to shop at that's right across the parking lot from Games Workshop.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

I consider myself lucky that we have four used bookstores in town, all within a 5-10 minute drive for me depending on traffic.

They are always the best! I love getting some nice paperbacks for only $.50 to $4.00 a piece.

23. - Top - End - #113

Ours sells everything: movies, music, books, games...

They don't usually have the new stuff, but then again we've pretty much cleaned them out of the older stuff that we wanted...

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

See, that be the rub.

Our book stores only sell books. So no neat and cheap computer games for me.

However, it's a great resource if you want some incredibly cheesy 70's scifi and fantasy novels. You know, the one's with the horrendous cover art?

Man, I hope my first book has a decent cover. I might gag. That's my second worst nightmare with my (hopefully) published work.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    We have a Barnes and Noble and a Border's in town.

My wife and I will occasionally spend hours there, sitting in a chair and reading books instead of purchasing them.

Now, as a potential/hopefully/soontobe published author, that is a most reprehensible activity. But... damn it I'm poor!

Edit: Cristo: The closest Games Workshop to me is 3 hours away, in Dallas.
    *flutters through RB, half readings posts*

Wha?
    Err?

I have a Games workshop in me thats three hours away from you?

Oooh... -_-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

26. - Top - End - #116

You mean like pretty much anything written by Michael Moorcock?

Yeah, the place has a bunch of the old books like that. The covers are simply hilarious.

Best thing, though, is that they actually have a signed first edition of Twilight...

...and they think its actually worth the $100 or so pricetag they put on it...

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    *flutters through RB, half readings posts*

Wha?
    Err?

I have a Games workshop in me thats three hours away from you?

Oooh... -_-
    *facepalm*

Dallas the city, Dallas the city...

Edit: @^ If I wasn't so scared about the prospect, I would be amused by bad cover art, that doesn't portray my characters as I imagined them... or described them in my book.

Damn it, Caira lived most her life underground, and she has extremely pale skin and Ash-colored hair!
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-03-25 at 12:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

I've done that very...same...thing. 'Tis why I love B&N. I went on some very pleasant dates there where we shared a chair, snuggled, and read DnD books. Or Dragonlance. Oh yeah, we were cool.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dirky by Beans!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

I've done that very...same...thing. 'Tis why I love B&N. I went on some very pleasant dates there where we shared a chair, snuggled, and read DnD books. Or Dragonlance. Oh yeah, we were cool.
    That's why we do it. It's a great "nerd date" idea.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I live in the heart of my home city.

Anything that isn't in Norman is usually in Oklahoma City, about a twenty minute drive away.

I love living in the Oasis that is the Oklahoma City Metro... Beyond that, there is nothing in Oklahoma except for Tulsa.
    Wait, isn't there snow there too? Like, around 10 feet standing on the ground? Or was that hogs? Corn?

Mutants? It's mutants isn't it? But are they super....?

So yeah, basically, contact has been reestablished with the ex who's in Nanjing, China. I know next to nothing about shipping overseas and so was looking for a bit of recommendation as to what weight-size category of things to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide