New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Post Do we have a suitable forum section for 'in character' writings?

Hello again! Asked a question regarding the Synad in the 3.5e section, got helpful answers, but ultimately the thread did not get quite as much attention as I had hoped, somewhat.

So this next question I'm asking is sort of being thrown in the general 'Role-Playing Games' section, if I can help it; primarily because I can't figure out /where/ I'd actually put a question like this and I'd like a bit more visibility on it.

Do we have any proper areas for where a person could write or post a bit of fiction regarding their own character? Nothing creepy, mind you, but more intended as a thought exercise. I know there's the IC-section for currently running games, however that is for.... well.... currently running games.
    What I'm thinking is almost something adjacent to an IC-journal.
    It'd help me get into the mindset of my Archivist, I think. Playing a character with 3 minds is...- well, it'll be a challenge and I think a writing exercise would help.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Do we have a suitable forum section for 'in character' writings?

Bartmanhomer has posted a bunch of stories in the Arts and Crafts forum. That would probably be a good place to post our own stories.

Disclaimer: Not-a-Mod, just a fellow user.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Bartmanhomer has posted a bunch of stories in the Arts and Crafts forum. That would probably be a good place to post our own stories.

There used to be a lot of stuff like that in there, didn't there? I seem to remember lots of IC fiction...

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    There used to be a lot of stuff like that in there, didn't there? I seem to remember lots of IC fiction...

- M
    I noticed as well, the Arts/Crafts section indeed being very..... empty. Aside from the pinned threads, of course- which are a grand total of 3. So I was a little hesitant about posting anything there; given there's nothing actually there (that I can see, aside from those pinned threads), I wasn't sure if it was allowed.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Ogre: I mean, I posted my fiction over there.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WitchyKitty View Post
    I noticed as well, the Arts/Crafts section indeed being very..... empty. Aside from the pinned threads, of course- which are a grand total of 3. So I was a little hesitant about posting anything there; given there's nothing actually there (that I can see, aside from those pinned threads), I wasn't sure if it was allowed.
    That's probably just your settings. From what I can see, there are 80+ pages of threads there.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    That's probably just your settings. From what I can see, there are 80+ pages of threads there.
    Hum! I see.
    Is there a specific setting I should be looking for?
    I'm checking the General settings and not seeing anything of the sort, but it could just be entirely dodging my eyeballs.
    Last edited by WitchyKitty; Yesterday at 05:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post

Hey everyone. Did someone mention my name?
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Indeed, Arts & Crafts is the place. Also, please put things in the topically appropriate forum/subforum, and not where you think it'll get more visibility/traffic. Thanks!
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex