New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread

Agreed on the bump.

Moderators should really pin up this contest, it USED to be offical thing, but it seems they abandoned it...

Thinking about it-is any of them even AROUND? I don't remember seeing any of them post for a very long time now.
    Silly thing is, we would not know if they are working unless sombody spams/flames, and nobody around here does these days. (a good thing. although quite strange.)

Anyways, Shockwave piper is going well, will be submitted sometime this week.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2009-08-16 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    Agreed on the bump.

Moderators should really pin up this contest, it USED to be offical thing, but it seems they abandoned it...

Thinking about it-is any of them even AROUND? I don't remember seeing any of them post for a very long time now.
    Silly thing is, we would not know if they are working unless sombody spams/flames, and nobody around here does these days. (a good thing. although quite strange.)

Yay, sounds cool! I really wanted to see good bard classes, as the original bard sounds kinda weaker than other classes.
    "I'd rather DM to nice heroes than powerful slashers."
    Im a fan of dungeons.

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

I originally had this awesome metal prestige class with a ton of subgenre thingummies going on and you could mix and match them for assorted different powers. You could advance one subgenre up to 5 times (once every even level, 10 level class) and either unlock a new ability from another subgenre freely, or an old subgenre at a higher level.

It was awesome.

And I got a natural 1 on my Remember To Save roll.

This is why I haven't posted anything yet. I've been a little discouraged by the death of that project, but have been working in a dual advancement warlock / bard Black Metal prestige class instead. It's almost done, will be posted within the hour for sure, probably somewhere around 15 minutes.

Anyways, I just wanted to mention one thing that I do remember that I liked quite a bit:
    Drugs & Alcohol (thrash 2, folk 4). You have warped and twisted your metabolism through heavy use of mind-altering chemicals. You become immune to most fortitude saves, exactly like an object or undead. You may voluntarily choose to attempt a fortitude save you would normally be immune to, but you gain a +6 bonus to the check.

EDIT:: And it's up.
    Last edited by TSED; 2009-08-17 at 03:37 AM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    Agreed on the bump.

The reason why it is no longer pinned is because Roland very nicely asked me if I minded pulling the pin on it to reduce the number of stickies in the homebrew forum, and while I did not want to, I felt as this is a free service to us that we're all taking advantage of, I thought it would be wrong to say no.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Haha, I lol'd at black metal vocalist. :D looking forward to see it finished.

Oh, anyone, any thoughts on the Bow Minstrel?
    Im a fan of dungeons.

GENERATION 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

6. - Top - End - #366

Quote Originally Posted by Jogi View Post
    Haha, I lol'd at black metal vocalist. :D looking forward to see it finished.

Oh, anyone, any thoughts on the Bow Minstrel?
    It essentially is finished.

I ditched the Metalhead class and all the subgenre-y goodness, because I forgot to save.

7. - Top - End - #367

So, uh, any PEACHes for Black Metal Vocalist or Witchlamp?

8. - Top - End - #368
    Firbolg in the Playground

Work is going VERY slowly on the Sons of Discord; this is because I have no internet at home and some PUNK totally stole my flash drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TSED View Post
    It essentially is finished.

I ditched the Metalhead class and all the subgenre-y goodness, because I forgot to save.
    Oh, sorry I hadn't seen it before. I read it now and I have some peaches:

- Headbang: I wouldn't use it, since being a BMV doesn't give you unnarmed proficiency, you'd get oportunity attacks coming. It also dazzles you, so what's the use in grappling an oponent since you'll be dazzled in a second?

- Spellcasting: I'd limit it to arcane, but that's just me - I don't see black metal together with divine.

- Corpse Paint: I don't really see why change the cold iron thing there.

- Loud Music: Maybe, just maybe, immunity might be too much. I dunno, might be better to have a bonus to save against deafness/damage by sound.

- Terrifying: Radius tripled? Sounds like a lot. But then again it must just not be.

- Inhuman Screech: Well, I dunno. Might have it's uses now and then but I don't see it as a 8th level ability.
    Im a fan of dungeons.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

I do have an idea for this one, but I often get bogged down whenever I attempt to homebrew things. We'll see if I can produce a quality début entry.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I entered the Picture is Worth a Thousand Words contest, and my entry is almost complete (just a bit of fluff left). If anyone wants to PEACH, the entry is here: Face of the Beast.

Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #372

Quote Originally Posted by Jogi View Post
    Oh, sorry I hadn't seen it before. I read it now and I have some peaches:
    Thanks!

- Headbang: I wouldn't use it, since being a BMV doesn't give you unnarmed proficiency, you'd get oportunity attacks coming. It also dazzles you, so what's the use in grappling an oponent since you'll be dazzled in a second?
    Good point. I'll specify that it doesn't provoke AoOs, I figured since they were flatfooted they wouldn't get one.

- Spellcasting: I'd limit it to arcane, but that's just me - I don't see black metal together with divine.
    Non-good divine casting? Satanism and the occult are stereotypically tied to Black Metal (for some reason), so, yeah. I can see it pretty easily.

- Corpse Paint: I don't really see why change the cold iron thing there.
    Only when adorned with corpse paint, though. It's mostly a mechanical bonus, really, to make you want to wear corpsepaint more often.

- Loud Music: Maybe, just maybe, immunity might be too much. I dunno, might be better to have a bonus to save against deafness/damage by sound.
    Deafness isn't that big a deal, though. I am speaking anecdotally, but I've *never* encountered something that caused deafness. I remember one character I had lugged around some thunderstones in case he ever needed to inconvenience a spellcaster. He gave up and sold them around 8th level; never regretted it. Is deafness really that big a deal? If so, I'll change it.

- Terrifying: Radius tripled? Sounds like a lot. But then again it must just not be.
    My reasoning here was that you were either insanely multiclassed (DN5, War3, Brd2, BMV 5 for total of 15) or playing something with a huge LA (dragons) and so the DCs were too low to matter against 'proper' challenges, so why not let them scare off tons of mooks?

- Inhuman Screech: Well, I dunno. Might have it's uses now and then but I don't see it as a 8th level ability.
    Mind affecting abilities on undead? Fascinate the lich? Suggestions to the mindless daemonic horde? I only made it 50% because I was afraid of breaking it, actually.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll go and double the radius instead, and mention that you don't provoke AoOs for headbanging!

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Lol, someone please PEACH the Bow Minstrel :P Im kinda desperate for opinions
    Im a fan of dungeons.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Bumping again, just keeping it alive.
    Im a fan of dungeons.

15. - Top - End - #375

Working on something; might be able to get a first draft up on Sunday; Bard/Crusader or Warblade Prc with working title of War Leader.

Will likely PEACH others to help get creativity going.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saddly, we've still only got four entries...just bumping again, trying to keep this alive.
    Im a fan of dungeons.

17. - Top - End - #377

Will the "Worth a Thousand Words" contest's voting thread be up soon?

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Neoclassic View Post
    Will the "Worth a Thousand Words" contest's voting thread be up soon?
    So--did this contest just die or what?

19. - Top - End - #379

Quote Originally Posted by The WitchKing View Post
    So--did this contest just die or what?
    No, it shouldn't've, because it finished and there were plenty of entries... I just wonder what Djinn's been up to. I'd PM him but I don't want to seem pushy...

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

Djinn went away for a day or two... He should be back soon, I think.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Orc in the Playground

Made a class. Figured bards need to seize the role of creature-identifier away from wizards. I was aiming for something like the Archivist's dark knowledge ability, but more interesting than static bonuses.

I know the 10th level ability needs to be more clearly explained, am working on it.

Any critique is welcome, as are any suggestions for better names for class abilities

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Thanks!

Non-good divine casting? Satanism and the occult are stereotypically tied to Black Metal (for some reason), so, yeah. I can see it pretty easily.
    Hmm, yeah I can see it too now.

Deafness isn't that big a deal, though. I am speaking anecdotally, but I've *never* encountered something that caused deafness. I remember one character I had lugged around some thunderstones in case he ever needed to inconvenience a spellcaster. He gave up and sold them around 8th level; never regretted it. Is deafness really that big a deal? If so, I'll change it.
    Oh well, being deaf means 20% chance of arcane failiure in spells that involve speaking :P. It also might mean immune to some sonic damage.

My reasoning here was that you were either insanely multiclassed (DN5, War3, Brd2, BMV 5 for total of 15) or playing something with a huge LA (dragons) and so the DCs were too low to matter against 'proper' challenges, so why not let them scare off tons of mooks?
    I see :D

Mind affecting abilities on undead? Fascinate the lich? Suggestions to the mindless daemonic horde? I only made it 50% because I was afraid of breaking it, actually.
    Hmmm, I like idea of controling undead :D, but I'll try to suggest something better soon, no ideas right now.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll go and double the radius instead, and mention that you don't provoke AoOs for headbanging!
    You're welcome :)
    Im a fan of dungeons.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have started another class Algorithmic Composer.
    Needs lots of balancing, and unfinished at the moment, but comments and criticisms welcome!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-19
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-8

Stone cold love to Nevitan, kudos for the Avatar.

24. - Top - End - #384

I would kill to see a Incarnum-Bard Class....
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
    I swear, about 50% of what makes BW awesome is the little stuff like that that's applicable to just about any system.

25. - Top - End - #385

Posted a class, the Wardancer; criticisms welcome and appreciated, as I'm a bit leery as to the balance of it.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are we going to get any feed back, let alone votes in this Bard Contest?
    Cmon people! this stuff is peach!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-19
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-16
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-13
    Charisma-8

Stone cold love to Nevitan, kudos for the Avatar.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

Was a Voting thread ever opened for the Picture is Worth A Thousand Words contest and if not, would any one mind if we just opened one up ourselves? I think we all put in work on those classes and deserve to see how things turn out.

29. - Top - End - #389

Quote Originally Posted by The WitchKing View Post
    Was a Voting thread ever opened for the Picture is Worth A Thousand Words contest and if not, would any one mind if we just opened one up ourselves? I think we all put in work on those classes and deserve to see how things turn out.
    A voting thread for it was never opened. I also PM'd Djinn and he never got back to me. I know he's been around the boards, as I've seen him posting elsewhere, but apparently he's abandoned this without explanation. I don't know what the proper course of action would be here, but I do agree that a voting thread would be nice, even if we have to run it ourselves.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Neoclassic View Post
    A voting thread for it was never opened. I also PM'd Djinn and he never got back to me. I know he's been around the boards, as I've seen him posting elsewhere, but apparently he's abandoned this without explanation. I don't know what the proper course of action would be here, but I do agree that a voting thread would be nice, even if we have to run it ourselves.
    I PM'd him as well and got no response. I have therefore opened a voting thread. I apologize to Djinn and to the forum but I invested a lot of time and work in my submission to the contest and I'd at least like to see the entries voted on.

The Voting Thread can be found at: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124614

We should determine how long we want to keep voting open and then I'll go back and amend the initial message.