New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1337
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: GitP PrC Contest Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantX View Post
    You should point out if the abilities are (Ex) or (Su) for your class features. It makes a difference depending on what's happening in the combat. I'd tackle that first. Otherwise, looks pretty solid. I'd like to see some more fluff, personally, it's a little bland the way it is.

-X
    Woops forgot to put those in. I'll change it now. Yeah I don't wanna put the fluff up before it's all done. I just wanted to get the class up there asap so I could get some feedback.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Woops forgot to put those in. I'll change it now. Yeah I don't wanna put the fluff up before it's all done. I just wanted to get the class up there asap so I could get some feedback.
    I will take another look at it once those are up. I have got a lot of classes to look at, you guys are killing me with entries! Keep it up! Tell everyone you know to vote in the contest too!

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Firbolg in the Playground

Re-posting my previous comment, in case it gets lost all by itself at the bottom of that page...

Somehow I think this contest counts as a success. 13+ completed entries with 25 days still to go? Yeah...

That said, any more comments on those few abilities I have up? I'm curious to know whether or not the track I'm on is an intriguing one...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

Empty Footsteps of the Void Wraith (Su): When an Enlightened Master of the Inner Void uses her Ghost Step ability, she wraps herself in the emptiness of the spiritual void, achieving a perfect state of meditation. Her physical form is transcended by harmony with nothingness, and she all but vanishes from the material realm. When using the Ghost Step ability, you may choose to also use the Empty Footsteps of the Void Wraith ability.

While using Empty Footsteps of the Void Wraith, you gain immunity to all spells, effects, obstacles, and damage while invisible, and you cannot be perceived by anything but the senses of divine beings. All spells and effects currently affecting you have their effects removed for the duration of your invisibility (this time counts normally against their duration), and retake effect upon your reappearance. You may move through objects as if incorporeal, although no barrier, magical or otherwise, can impede your progress. You only retain your normal movement modes: an Enlightened Master of the Inner Void without a fly speed is still limited by the location of the ground and the limits of her jumping speed, although she could jump through a ceiling if she desired. Finally, you may attack material creatures as if you were both corporeal and material while using your Ghost Step ability.

Once you have used Empty Footsteps of the Void Wraith, you may not use the ability again for one full round.
    Wow, this walks through a force cage. This is a little too strong. I like what it's getting at, it's a good defensive ability to shrug off negative effects, and I see it's place and purpose, but this bypasses a lot, including Prismatic Sphere. I would remove the bypass magical barriers bit. Perhaps make it give you the incorporeal subtype?

Chakra Flooding Resurgence (Su): When an Enlightened Master of the Inner Void steps out of a Ghost Step and rejoins the world of material beings, she may, through strength of will, pull the energies of the spiritual void along with her and cast them amongst her foes. As a free action, an Enlightened Master of the Inner Void may choose to end her Ghost Step (or may have it expire normally). When she returns to the physical realm, she may choose to trigger a Chakra Flooding Resurgence. If she does so, all foes within 20 feet who possess an intelligence score must succeed on a Will saving throw (DC 10 + the Enlightened Master of the Inner Void's class level + the Enlightened Master of the Inner Void's Wisdom modifier). Failure indicates that the opponent in question is dazed for 1 round, and gains 1 negative level.

Once you have used Chakra Flooding Resurgence, you may not use your Ghost Step ability for one full round.
    Dazed? I can understand. Why the negative level? I don't understand that part. You just appeared out of no where and I forgot how to cast some of my spells. Sorry, but I think this one needs work

Sunyata's Lingering Caress (Su): As an Enlightened Master of the Inner Void steps forth from the void itself, a fragment of Sunyata, or the spiritual emptiness, envelopes her even as the energies ravage her foes. For one full round following the use of the Empty Footsteps of the Void Wraith ability, the Enlightened Master of the Inner Void gains immunity to negative energy effects, ability damage, ability drain, death effects, and energy drain. Additionally, all attacks against her during this time suffer a 50% miss chance.
    This is good, I like it. A nice perk to have when you're ambushing something.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Halfling in the Playground

Many new abilities have been added to my submission, if people wouldn't mind taking a look and letting me know what they think.

I will do the same courtesy later tonight, as I must be getting ready for work now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4is111
    Okay, I'm looking at Complete Warrior. Page eight finishes the Hexblade until it stops abruptly 3/4s of the way through. Then pages nine and ten are blank. What are you talking about?

6. - Top - End - #996
    Barbarian in the Playground

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Elf or Half-Elf
    Feats: Mage Slayer, Track, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Short Sword)
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 3 ranks, Spellcraft 3 ranks, Survival 9 ranks
    Special: Must be accepted into the Silver Sword Order.
    I'd add a little more information onto how the Order accepts new members and you might want to add a Spoiler Tab explaining what Mage Slayer does for those people out there who don't have access to Complete Mage, but other then that, looks good.

Class Skills
    The Silver Sword Mageslayer's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex)
    I understand that you're going for an improved Range theme, but I don't think many of your class skills belong under the description of your class, namely Heal, Handle Animal, Knowledge {Geography}, Knowledge {Nature}, and Ride. If you do drop any of those skills, you might want to consider replacing them with Knowledge {Local} and/or Gather Information to improve your class's ability to hunt down Evil mages. Also,since this is a specialized Ranger, I'd reduce the Skill Points to Int +4, but keep the Ranger's d10 Hit Die (you reduced it to d8).

Silver Swords: Upon completing the final rights of initiation into the Order, a Silver Sword Mageslayer is granted a pair of
    Clearly needs finishing. Skip, skip, skip.

Favored Enemy (Arcanists) (Ex): A Silver Sword Mageslayer excels at hunting down and killing mages, and have gone through extensive training to do so. A Silver Sword Mageslayer gains the listed bonus on all Bluff, Knowledge (Arcana), Listen, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against arcane spellcasters, creatures that have innate spellcasting (like Coatls or Raksasha), and arcane spell-like ability users (like warlocks). Likewise, he gets the listed bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures.

If a Silver Sword Mageslayer has a different favored enemy, the two may stack, but only if that favored enemy is also an arcanist. For example, a Ranger/Silver Sword Mageslayer with Favored Enemy (Humans) and (Arcanists) would gain both benefits while fighting a human wizard.
    Caps at +6? Aw, I don't think it'd be overpowered at all to make it go to the full +10, but maybe I'll change my mind when I see the rest of the class.

Slayer's Focus (Su): The first training a Silver Sword receives involves closing in on mages, which can be a difficult prospect. To overcome this, Silver Sword Mageslayers learn to enter a serene state where they entirely and unerringly focus on the target. As a swift action, the Silver Sword Mageslayer may choose an arcanist to be the target of this ability, affording the Mageslayer several benefits. First, a Mageslayer who moves towards their target does not provoke attacks of opportunity from the target's allies. Second, the Mageslayer gains a bonus to all saving throws versus the arcane spells or spell-like abilities of the target equal to his or her Favored Enemy (Arcanists) bonus. As the Mageslayer advances in level, he learns to expand the use of this ability as well.

A Mageslayer may only have one active target at a time, however changing the target is done simply by taking a new swift action to designate one.
    Why does it allow the Slayer to ignore attacks of opportunity? That doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the fluff for the ability, in my opinion.

Spellbane Burr (Ex): At 2nd level, a Silver Sword Mageslayer improves on his mage hunting ability, learning how to place a pair of cuts that continuously bleeds and disrupts spellcasting. As a standard action, a Mageslayer may make two attacks, one with each short sword it wields. If both of these attacks deal damage, the target must make a Fortitude save equal to 10+your Mageslayer level+your Wisdom modifier or suffer a 50% chance when casting any arcane spell or using an arcane spell-like ability to lose the spell (the spell or spell slot is still expended) and take 2 points of damage every round until the creature receives a Heal check (same DC as the Fortitude save). This ability lasts a number of rounds equal to your Mageslayer level. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack. The newest use supersedes any previous uses.

At 8th level, the chance that a creature will lose its spell increases to 75%, and the damage per round increases to 4.
    You need to include how long the Spell Failure Chance penalty lasts. Also, the ability reads that whenever an Arcane Spellcaster looses a spell due to Spell Failure, they two 2 points of wounding damage that occur at the start of every round. Is that intended, and do multiple wounds stack? IE, Wizard miscasts on turn 1. At the start of turn 2, he takes 2 damage and miscasts again. On turn 3, does he take 2 damage or 4 damage?

Track Teleportation (Ex): A Silver Sword Mageslayer who attains 3rd level learns to notice subtle disturbances in the environment made by those who travel by spell. Following a creature who travels by a Conjuration (Teleportation) spell or spell-like ability requires a Survival check equal to 20+the spell's level. Most other modifiers described under the Track feat do not apply to tracking teleportation, except for poor visibility, the number of creatures tracked, and the number of days since the teleportation was used. When tracking an arcanist, the Favored Enemy (Arcanist) bonus applies to this check, as do other Favored Enemy bonuses, depending on race.
    This is an interesting ability, for sure, but I imagine that its unpractical simply because Teleportation can take you hundreds of miles, and tracking someone that far away has got to be a pain. Not only that, but as soon as the mage gets to where they're heading, they could walk away on foot and by the time the Slayer gets there, their trail will be long gone. Interesting, but I am not too sure on its usefulness.

Unlidded Eye (Su): At 3rd level, a Mageslayer's ability to hunt his Target increases. When using his Slayer's Focus, the Silver Sword Mageslayer always is aware of the location of his target as long as the two are still on the same plane. He may ignore concealment against his target, but not cover.
    Good ability. Now that I've read everything you have, I'd like to point out that you missed the most important tool in any Mage Hunter's arsenal. You're not immune to Scrying? The mage can prepare for you elsewise, and I think you really need an early ability that makes scrying on you impossible, or messes with it greatly.

Also, your class suffers from something I like to call Specialization Sickness. The class is shaping up to being AMAZING against spellcasters, but against ordinary fighters or barbarians or what naught, the class is going to be Fighter without the Feats. You need to make sure your class has some options against ordinary folk.

Finally, you might want to take a nod from the Bloodhound class and add a Mark-esque class feature.
    Last edited by Golden-Esque; 2010-01-07 at 01:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: nevermind if you read this. I changed my mind.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2010-01-08 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey, thanks for the input! Let me address your critiques.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden-Esque
    I'd add a little more information onto how the Order accepts new members and you might want to add a Spoiler Tab explaining what Mage Slayer does for those people out there who don't have access to Complete Mage, but other then that, looks good.
    I was going to go into that more in the "Organization" part of the description, but yes, I will do that for the Mage Slayer.

I understand that you're going for an improved Range theme, but I don't think many of your class skills belong under the description of your class, namely Heal, Handle Animal, Knowledge {Geography}, Knowledge {Nature}, and Ride. If you do drop any of those skills, you might want to consider replacing them with Knowledge {Local} and/or Gather Information to improve your class's ability to hunt down Evil mages. Also,since this is a specialized Ranger, I'd reduce the Skill Points to Int +4, but keep the Ranger's d10 Hit Die (you reduced it to d8).
    Yeah, I just Copypasted the Ranger skill list from the SRD, I didn't really look over it too much, but I see your point; it could use some pruning. I'm a little leery about lowering the skill points, but I'll take it into consideration. Also, in 3.5, rangers do have d8 HD; again I'm a little leery about changing that around.

Clearly needs finishing. Skip, skip, skip.
    It's being worked on.

Caps at +6? Aw, I don't think it'd be overpowered at all to make it go to the full +10, but maybe I'll change my mind when I see the rest of the class.
    Perhaps?

Why does it allow the Slayer to ignore attacks of opportunity? That doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the fluff for the ability, in my opinion.
    The fluff of the ability is to close in on spellcasters, which generally are behind at least a few melee types, or mind-controlled innocents used as shields. This allows to at least partially avoid starting fights with people you don't want to.

You need to include how long the Spell Failure Chance penalty lasts. Also, the ability reads that whenever an Arcane Spellcaster looses a spell due to Spell Failure, they two 2 points of wounding damage that occur at the start of every round. Is that intended, and do multiple wounds stack? IE, Wizard miscasts on turn 1. At the start of turn 2, he takes 2 damage and miscasts again. On turn 3, does he take 2 damage or 4 damage?
    Mmm...yeah, that was some misleading wording. I've changed it now. Also, the both parts of the ability last a number of rounds equal to your class level.

This is an interesting ability, for sure, but I imagine that its unpractical simply because Teleportation can take you hundreds of miles, and tracking someone that far away has got to be a pain. Not only that, but as soon as the mage gets to where they're heading, they could walk away on foot and by the time the Slayer gets there, their trail will be long gone. Interesting, but I am not too sure on its usefulness.
    Admittedly, it's not overly useful, but I think it's at least a nice fluff ability. I made sure to pair it with something actually useful so it's not really a dead level.

Good ability. Now that I've read everything you have, I'd like to point out that you missed the most important tool in any Mage Hunter's arsenal. You're not immune to Scrying? The mage can prepare for you elsewise, and I think you really need an early ability that makes scrying on you impossible, or messes with it greatly.
    Duly noted, I'll see what I can do.
    Also, your class suffers from something I like to call Specialization Sickness. The class is shaping up to being AMAZING against spellcasters, but against ordinary fighters or barbarians or what naught, the class is going to be Fighter without the Feats. You need to make sure your class has some options against ordinary folk.
    There will be some abilities, yes.

Finally, you might want to take a nod from the Bloodhound class and add a Mark-esque class feature.
    That was my idea for the Slayer's Focus, I think it goes well.

Again, thanks for the input!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4is111
    Okay, I'm looking at Complete Warrior. Page eight finishes the Hexblade until it stops abruptly 3/4s of the way through. Then pages nine and ten are blank. What are you talking about?

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok. Initial version of my submission is up. I haven't finished all the fluff yet and it may have some slight balance issues.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

I am considering posting my Leap Dragoon class based on Freya Crescent and Sir Fratley in Final Fantasy IX.... what do people think?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    I am considering posting my Leap Dragoon class based on Freya Crescent and Sir Fratley in Final Fantasy IX.... what do people think?
    So long as it's nothing you've published on the board before, that's fine. I only accept entirely new work. If it's not, sorry DracoDei.

You'll need to make something new.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Quite frankly I haven't had the guts to post it, so yes, it will be new.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Quite frankly I haven't had the guts to post it, so yes, it will be new.
    Awww, don't be shy. Put it up and we'll be gentle and buy it dinner first. Worst that can happen is someone might critique it

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

Well...finished the crunchy part. I do belive that my capstone is quite powerful-especially after level 6 and 8 abilities make it so much easier to gain style points.

Style points-gained quickly, used quickly. but after gaining the 8th level ability you have the potential to gain 3 style points per critical.

The most powerful combo I can think of right now with with ability is after gaining the capstone-Aptitude weapon, keen rapier and Lightning Maces allows you to gain style points fiendishly quick, and use them for extra turns. combine with oversized two-weapon fighting...can get quite ugly in theory. I lack the optimization skills to look into it.

Now working of fluff.

BTW-I wonder if anyone noticed something special I did with the names of the abilities?
    The 6th level one is a bit off, but still mostly fit to what I did there.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2010-01-09 at 11:20 AM.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    BTW-I wonder if anyone noticed something special I did with the names of the abilities?
    The 6th level one is a bit off, but still mostly fit to what I did there.
    I should hope I noticed! I'd have to be blind otherwise, I think.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2010-01-09 at 11:32 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Good to see I'm that obvious.

But I wonder even more what do you think about this latest creation of mine. (altough fluff is still in work-I think you are a bit familiar with the fluff of this class from -other- sources.)

As for my toughs:

Golden Ninja:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A highly restrictive class, that very few will qualify from by "accident", and only straight aiming for it will ever work. a problem in my book, but the highly unique nature of the class might make it worthy (stealth by light is a nice spin.)
    Powerful abilities, great flavor, but it seems to by light on it (no pun intended)
    Add some more flavor dude!

Lancer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So...you have a lance, and you are damn good with it. while the abilities are solid in mechanics, they don't seem to have much flavor there. I mean-you just pile bonuses and widen the area you can effectively attack-but that's it, nothing "new" comes out of it.
    I mean, its all either highly situational or nothing more then a bonus to attack/damage/range.

Combat Opportunist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First thing first-what on earth is "Dancing Leaf"?
    Other then that, the fact this class grants new maneuvers as class abilities is interesting, but risky. and some abilities are amazingly easy to overcome the "limit" (a DC 20 skill check is easy to bypass even without magic items.)
    The capstone is a whole other story. its so over-the-top powerful that I don't even want to start. Its a potential 7 full attacks per round BEFORE magic items gets involved.

Dynamist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intresting. speed was always a loved topic with, but you didn't seem to take it into too many special places.
    The additional attacks are nice, and vastly more effective then the monk's, but the sprinting, especially the capstone, is really underwhelming.
    Another issue is that "Improve Pounce" is confusing like hell. how exactly does it work?
    Final problem lies with the fact that you encourage both full attacks, and movement. and you can't do both at once until very late.

Voidblade Eliminator:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love it, it got flavor and it got abilities. It actually makes the Mindblade viable!
    The only complain I've got is the gender separation. it a ground for problems with politically correct, and you know it. I'd advise to remove the "unique female entry" from the entry requirements.
    On another note, I'm not sure the cold part of the capstone is fitting, after all even undead can be hurt by freezing it. you still got living tissues, and they ARE effected by sever cold. heck even a rock is damaged by cold.

White Lion Knight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranger/Paladin. you should have submitted it in the hybrid contest methinks. anyways I like it alot. ninth level is a bit weak-but its the quite before the storm that is the capstone.
    High potential there. need time to look more into it.

Underdog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't want to be harsh, but I dislike the concept as a whole, and the abilities themselves seem like just another style of a rouge rather then a real PrC. it also seems unfinished. it clearly needs some more work.

Phantom:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another hybrid? what? people keep submitting work they didn't finish in time for last contest? same on you people!
    Kidding.
    Anyway, I love the luckstealer concept. but I don't think the maneuver advancement is really necessary here. and all maneuvers can be easily worked out of the class and leave it completely viable, with only one or two abilities and a new entry requirement to replace manouvers need to be made. the manovers really add nothing to the class but dead wight

White Raven Commander:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Obvious concept, yet still cute. seems quite undone though. cute anyway. I want to see the aura's made.
    Never been a great fan of White Raven myself. but this has its own potential. just need some more clarification on that sub-school because I don't quite get it.

Dashing Swordsman:
    Boomwolf! its great to see you are back in the scene, may I say I admire your works? I hope you win this one!
    :P

Master of Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interesting concept, and solid structure. but the post need to be organized as its in a total mess right now, and not all readers got good perception (pun is intended this time.)

Didn't look into the others yet, and got no time to do so. sorry folks.
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2010-01-09 at 03:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    Another hybrid? what? people keep submitting work they didn't finish in time for last contest? same on you people!
    Mine's a hybrid also... I actually do have a class that I was working for on that and never finished on time. But it isn't a warrior class so I'm waiting until the next hybrid contest or some other more appropriate contest to post it. Hybrids are fun.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Ok the fluff is up and my class is done.

Any comments/criticisms?
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    /veɪnoɚ/

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok. Going through. Some of them I don't have anything substantive to say and so will skip them. I can't guarantee that comments I do make will in fact have any substantive value.

Ninja of the Golden Sun

I like this one fluff wise a lot. The mechanics and fluff fit very well together.

Voidblade Eliminator

Another class I like a lot. Minor nitpick:

Armor of Absence (Su): At eight level and higher, whenever a Voidblade Eliminator expends her psionic focus to activate her Shed Spells calss feature, she is also ignored by all unwanted spells and supernatural effects that are currently affecting her or that include her in their areas for one round; the Voidblade Eliminator is treated as though she simply wasn’t there to be affected. The spells and effects resume affecting her, if they are still able, at the end of this ability’s duration, though the Voidblade Eliminator’s round of absence does still count against their duration.

A Voidblade Eliminator may use this ability to act in defiance of a time stop spell or effect.
    That's not how Time stop works. From the SRD:

This spell seems to make time cease to flow for everyone but you. In fact, you speed up so greatly that all other creatures seem frozen, though they are actually still moving at their normal speeds.
    This may still work with slight fluff readjustment. I would suggest that the Armor of Absence pulls in the extra time from the spell to surround the Voidblade as well or something like that.

White Knight Lion

Blah, blah, blah, another good guy crusading against evil. We've all... wait, they get white lions as companions that will rip people apart? That's awesome!

Phantom

This seems ok. The class name seems to not have much to do with what it does.

White Raven Commander

I like the general idea. I don't see any description of what disciplines they can learn maneuvers in so that should be thrown in (I presume that it is going to be White Raven and some small list of others).

Dashing Swordsman

There have been a few versions of this class done already but this one looks like it is independently interesting. I like the style point mechanic.

Silver Sword Mageslayer

Putting those pesky wizards in their place is always a good thing. Other people have commented on Track Teleportation already. To make it maybe more useful maybe add an ability somewhere that allows them to know the direction and distance to any mage they've injured recently? Maybe within the last class level * days? That would be useful.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Alright, this has been mentioned several times already, so I'm going to deal with it now:

Waaaah, Girls Get Special Treatment: Tough luck. D&D, as has been repeatedly mentioned, is not the real world, and the Voidblade Eliminators are trained by an organization, which has its own policies, personalities, and problems. Is there any special reason that Eliminators need to be women? Probably not. But they think there is, and in any event they've been giving men the short shrift for quite some time already. So what if it's not politically correct? The game setting isn't politically correct.

That's all I have to say on the matter. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Dwarf in the Playground

Phew, I've been moving so I haven't updated the White Raven Commander as much as I intended. I put most of the meat on and will be laying the fluff on shortly.

If there is interest I may go ahead and write up a finished Wing Legion, but I don't know if I should put it with the White Raven Commander or post it separately.

22. - Top - End - #1012

@DaTedinator: Naked Knight seems very overpowered for a first level ability, and very easily taken advantage of. Because of the amount of AC boosters that aren't armor, a class such as a sorcerer could easily boost his AC to an extreme amount just by taking a single level in this class, and then using the normal ways of boosting AC (such as ring of protection, amulet of natural armor, etc).
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    /veɪnoɚ/

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Good. Lord.

I have a lot of entries! This is probably the largest amount of entries in the history of this contest! Wow!

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Freelancer

My credits:

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Banned

I still have mine, which I've been working on. Can't quite get it where I want it... I'm not entirely sure of the direction I've been taking the fluff in, and might want to change it.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Bugbear in the Playground

@DaTedinator: I think the bonus granted by Naked Charge should be a morale bonus, personally. That or it applies a penalty to the target's AC, and thus should be [Mind-Affecting].
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Coplantor's Official Second-In-Command 2.0. It's alot like being Will Riker, but still with less alien women and also pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatars
    "Epic Abjurer" avatar by the astounding Fayt!
    "The-Fantastic-Protectimaton-MK-VIII" avatar by the wondrous KingGolem!
    "You-Know-You-Want-It" Paladin MD avatar by the mighty thelizard!
    "Eat-Steel-Vile-Flu" Paladin MD avatar by the sexier-than-I Dr. Bath!

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

@DaTedinator:Are you sure you don't want to open your PrC up to females, too? It'd require renaming it, of course, but it'd also provide an explanation for all of those pictures of pathetically armored fantasy women.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    @DaTedinator:Are you sure you don't want to open your PrC up to females, too? It'd require renaming it, of course, but it'd also provide an explanation for all of those pictures of pathetically armored fantasy women.
    I heartily approve.
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    /veɪnoɚ/

28. - Top - End - #1018

Vaynor, yeah, I had those same thoughts, and I think I'ma change it to an armor bonus to avoid stacking with bracers of armor, that sort of thing. And Xallace, a morale bonus is exactly what it should be, you're right.

And fear not, I did indeed have naked ladies in mind! Just with the comments about female-only classes, and my difficulty coming up good names for class abilities, I thought it would be funny to make it male-only, and then stick this in the "adaptation" section:

Adaptation: It takes about three seconds worth of effort to change the Sons of Adam, shirtless and pantless Conan-esque warriors, into the Daughters of Eve, a chainmail-bikini wearing group of buxom young blondes. It's just flavor.
    But, you're probably right, I should just name the class the naked knight and find different names for the abilities. Also, I found a nice picture for both genders!
    Thanks to Dashwood for the avatar!

Check out my Homebrew.

29. - Top - End - #1019

Ranger/Paladin. you should have submitted it in the hybrid contest methinks. anyways I like it alot. ninth level is a bit weak-but its the quite before the storm that is the capstone. High potential there. need time to look more into it.
    I'm SORRY! I didn't start entering the Homebrew contests until the "Where the Wyld Things Are" contest! Wait ... no ... stop it! Stop ... lashing ... meeeeeeee!

Anywho, 9th level used to have an ability, but it got axed because it was too confusing and potentially broken. It essentially let your lion turn into a copy of you while you were a lion. You know, the old switcheroo game. I never bothered to try and fill in that gap because the whole class is pretty ability-rich.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, my Leap Dragoon should be ready for initial PEACHing... lot of abilities I am not sure of:
    1. The damage multiplier - it is just supposed to (approximately) make up for not getting in a full attack the previous turn as far as damage output goes, not sure how fast to progress it for that purpose.
    2. Item Affinity - Designed to evoke the cheapness of curative/restorative items from the games.
    3. Pheonix Down - Powerful enough to get its own listing apart from the above... will have a limit on number of rounds since death, but other than that it is going to be True Ressurection with a full action casting time (not full round, so hard to interupt), and probably without the material component... might tone it back to Ressurection but then nobody will use it hardly ever.

And, yes, I know Spears of the Heavens is only sketched out... but it should be enough to give the idea.

Other things I may do:
    Examine the Sohei Adept so I can see about maybe making entry easier for both it and Paladins.
    EDIT: Sohei Adept should be fine... it has to dip cleric (or Wizard or Sorcerer) to get the casting, but pretty much any character trying to get into Leap Dragoon needs to multiclass a bit.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-01-10 at 04:27 PM.
    Extended Signature