New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Don't You Know Who I Am? [PrC]

Stormsworn Juggernaut

Stormsworn Juggernauts call upon the fury of the great Thunderbirds. When they unleash their rage, its physically manifests about them as a swirling aura of electric fury. The roles they take on are many–some defend their homeland with the Thunderbird’s might, while others turn it against those who stand between them and what they want.

Hit Die: d12

Requirements
    To qualify to become a Stormsworn Juggernaut, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
    Alignment: Any Chaotic
    BAB: +7
    Skills: Intimidate 10 ranks, Knowledge (Nature) 5 ranks
    Special: Rage class feature
    Special: Must have had peaceful contact with a Thunderbird.

Class Skills
    The Stormsworn Berserker’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
    Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Extra Rage, Fury of the Storm
    2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Talon of Lightning
    3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Oncoming Storm
    4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Extra Rage
    5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Greater Fury of the Storm
    6th|+6|+5|+2|+2|Thunderwings
    7th|+7|+5|+2|+2|Extra Rage
    8th|+8|+6|+2|+2|Stormclap
    9th|+9|+6|+3|+3|Strike of the Thunderbird
    10th|+10|+7|+3|+3|Mighty Fury of the Storm
    [/table]

Class Features
    All the following are class features of the Stormsworn Juggernaut prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
    Stormsworn Juggernauts gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Extra Rage (Ex)
    At 1st, 4th, and 7th levels, the Stormsworn Juggernaut gains an additional daily use of his rage class feature.

Fury of the Storm (Su)
    Whenever a Stormsworn Juggernaut rages, he is surrounded in an electric aura. His Strength and Constitution bonuses from the rage both increase by 2, and he gains resistance 10 to electricity and sonic damage. In addition, any creature that strikes you with a weapon made of metal, a natural weapon, a touch attack, or an unarmed strikes takes 1d6 points of electricity damage.

Talon of Lightning (Su)
    As a standard action, a 2nd level Stormsworn Juggernaut in a rage may fire off a bolt of electricity and thunder. This is a ranged touch attack with a range of 60 ft. that deals 1d6 points of damage per 2 class levels, half of which is electricity damage and half of which is sonic damage.

Oncoming Storm (Ex)
    A 3rd level Stormsworn Juggernaut may make Intimidate checks to demoralize enemies as a swift action.

Greater Fury of the Storm (Su)
    When a 5th level Stormwsworn Juggernaut rages, he is surrounded by an aura of blue-white lightning. His Strength and Constitution bonuses from the rage increase by 4, rather than 2. He gains resistance 20 to electricity and sonic damage. In addition, any creature that strikes you with a weapon made of metal, a natural weapon, a touch attack, or an unarmed strikes takes 3d6 points of electricity damage. Finally, any metal weapon the Juggernaut wields gains the shocking special ability.

Thunderwings (Su)
    Whenever a 6th level Stormsworn Juggernaut rages, wings of crackling energy grow from his back, granting him a fly speed of 60 ft., with good maneuverability. In addition, he may attack with each of the wings as a secondary natural weapon, dealing 1d6 points of electricity damage on a successful hit.

Stormclap (Su)
    Once per day, an 8th level Stormsworn Juggernaut may, while raging, flap his thunderwings to unleash a wave of rumbling sound. All creatures within 30 ft. of him take 10d6 points of sonic damage and are deafened for 4d6 rounds. A successful Fortitude save, DC 10 + the Juggernaut’s class level + the Juggernaut’s Constitution modifier, halves the damage and the duration of the deafness.

Strike of the Thunderbird (Ex)
    As a full-round action, a 9th level Stormsworn Juggernaut may make a single attack at his highest base attack bonus. The attack deals double the normal damage, and ignores up to 20 points of damage reduction or hardness.

Mighty Fury of the Storm (Su)
    When a 10th level Stormsworn Juggernaut rages, he is surrounded by a thunderbird-shaped aura of raw, crackling energy. His Strength and Constitution bonuses from the rage increase by 6, rather than 4. He gains immunity to electricity and sonic damage. In addition, any creature that strikes you with a weapon made of metal, a natural weapon, a touch attack, or an unarmed strikes takes 5d6 points of electricity damage. Finally, any metal weapon the Juggernaut wields gains the shocking burst special ability.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-12-25 at 09:23 PM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Don't You Know Who I Am? [PrC]

It took me a bit to get the joke.

Anyway, this guy seems pretty powerful. Classes that focus on rage generally make stronger rages have downsides, but this one doesn't.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall
    It took me a bit to get the joke.

Anyway, this guy seems pretty powerful. Classes that focus on rage generally make stronger rages have downsides, but this one doesn't.
    Loses DR, for one. Also, can't get it till a level after you can get Frenzied Berserker, but is far less powerful in my opinion.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

That Talon of Lightning ability is rather sub-par compared to everything else, especially since anyone who rages would want to get into melee combat ASAP. Perhaps it should be changed to 1d6 damge/2 levels in Stormsworn Juggernaut (or even the more powerful 1d6/2 HD). It's still not overly powerful but it makes it useful enough to think about using.
    Unreal TigerTM: Official PR Rep of any reputable Avatar maker near You

Spoiler
    Show
    Chocolicious Avatar by Gezina

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal Tiger
    That Talon of Lightning ability is rather sub-par compared to everything else, especially since anyone who rages would want to get into melee combat ASAP. Perhaps it should be changed to 1d6 damge/2 levels in Stormsworn Juggernaut (or even the more powerful 1d6/2 HD). It's still not overly powerful but it makes it useful enough to think about using.
    Yeah, I had meant to put per 2 class levels there. Honest.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

You should probably specify that you can't use the Thunderwings as weapons while flying.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't get the joke.

Nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Chumleigh View Post
    Oh.
    Oh, my.
    You just earned seventeen cool points by my reckoning. And I'm so sigging that.
    Cheers,
    --Count Chumleigh

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

See, I thought they'd get the ability to fly at high speeds and set up detection abilities at level 1, transport other characters at lower speed at level 2, fly into space at level 3, operate underwater at level 4 and live in space as long as they wanted, monitoring the entire Material Plane for trouble at level 5… Possibly with a fun launch sequence involving palm trees and a swimming pool moving out of the way.

Well, from the descriptive text, at least.
    Doing:
    Paladin-like Knight (possibly Bard-like Rogue too) Substitution Levels.
    N ja Base Class.
    Emiya Shiro PrC (not yet posted).
    Samurai Compendium, First Entry.
    Very Non-Vancian Magic System.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squangos
    See, I thought they'd get the ability to fly at high speeds and set up detection abilities at level 1, transport other characters at lower speed at level 2, fly into space at level 3, operate underwater at level 4 and live in space as long as they wanted, monitoring the entire Material Plane for trouble at level 5… Possibly with a fun launch sequence involving palm trees and a swimming pool moving out of the way.

Well, from the descriptive text, at least.
    No, that would be a set of figurines of wonderous power. Everyone knows the one with real people sucked.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Powerful and cool.

Minor typo- You call the capstone ability Mighty Fury of the Strom on the table, but you use the name Greater Fury of the Storm again in the descriptions.

Why no level 3 ability? All the other levels get one.

Question about strike of the thunderbird: it says double "normal" damage. Does that mean you make a normal attack (weapon damage + str bonus) and double that, THEN add extra damage like shocking and the like, or do you make an attack, add together all bonuses from shocking, flaming, power attack, sneak attack, etc. and double all of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    How about the fact that humans can apparently breed with anything on two legs (or even four legs if you count dragons)?

Human: Hey elf, you look like a girl.
    Elf: To a human, everything must look like a girl.
    Human: What?
    Elf: Half-orcs, half-ogres...
    Human: ... shut up.
    Dwarf: Half-dragons, half-kobolds.
    Human: I said shut up!
    Elf: ...
    Dwarf: ...
    Human: ...
    Elf: Centaurs.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmuncher
    Powerful and cool.

Minor typo- You call the capstone ability Mighty Fury of the Strom on the table, but you use the name Greater Fury of the Storm again in the descriptions.
    Fixed

Why no level 3 ability? All the other levels get one.
    Bit of creative block. I've added one in.

Question about strike of the thunderbird: it says double "normal" damage. Does that mean you make a normal attack (weapon damage + str bonus) and double that, THEN add extra damage like shocking and the like, or do you make an attack, add together all bonuses from shocking, flaming, power attack, sneak attack, etc. and double all of that?
    It's like a crit. Double base weapon damage and all bonuses, then add any other damage dice.

12. - Top - End - #12

Chimera

Nice lev. 3 ability. Also helps make use of that 10 ranks in Intimiade prereq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    How about the fact that humans can apparently breed with anything on two legs (or even four legs if you count dragons)?

Human: Hey elf, you look like a girl.
    Elf: To a human, everything must look like a girl.
    Human: What?
    Elf: Half-orcs, half-ogres...
    Human: ... shut up.
    Dwarf: Half-dragons, half-kobolds.
    Human: I said shut up!
    Elf: ...
    Dwarf: ...
    Human: ...
    Elf: Centaurs.

13. - Top - End - #13

BardGuy

Talon of Lightning - should be exclusively lightning, or have its name changed (Talon of the Storm? I know you have a lot of "of the storm" but if the shoe fits...). It should also be a longer bolt, if it's just a bolt. I'd tend to pattern something more along the lines of a Storm Elemental's Thunder and Lightning attack (60' thunder AE, 1d6/2HD (fort 1/2), 120' lightning bolt, 1d6/HD (ref 1/2))

Oncoming Storm - should be restricted for use only when the rage aura is visible.

Thunderwings - should be average rather than good, and he shouldn't be able to attack if he's using them for lift.

Stormclap - a successful fort save should eliminate deafness, not merely reduce its duration. Any other spell effect with a damage/penalty and a save, the save halves the damage and eliminates the penalty.

Here's a question for you - what happens if he gets hit with a grounded metal net? :)
    Don't bother trying to appeal to my better nature; I don't have one.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

He cuts his way out with his rage.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Oncoming Storm - should be restricted for use only when the rage aura is visible.
    Not part of the rage, just the Juggernaut just being ****ing scary.

Stormclap - a successful fort save should eliminate deafness, not merely reduce its duration. Any other spell effect with a damage/penalty and a save, the save halves the damage and eliminates the penalty.
    Except for greater shout.

16. - Top - End - #16

thankyou for doing this, but how the hell did this post turn into thunderbird (the show) references? i thought the thunderbird (like , yes, zapdos) was known to the d&d world.

why did i ever say anything? *is struck by lightning and disappears like the firey discorpereation power*
    Quote Originally Posted by knightsaline View Post
    Living Vengeful Gaze of God/Contingent True Resurrection: Kills you, kills itself, True rezzes itself, kills again, kills itself again, true rezzes itself again..........
    "On the other hand, maybe all of this could have been prevented if you had just managed to get laid once in a while. You can't tell me you would have been as tightly wound if you had been getting treasure type O once in a while"

Roxas avatar made by Adghar. The keyblades are Diamond dust and One Winged Angel