New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [3.5] A halfling character who goes around desgised as a human/elf toddler?

I was brainstorming my next backup character, and this idea came to my head.

How feasible is this for a character concept?

I imagine it would work best if there is a female character/player in the group who can pretend to be the "Mama".

And what class would be best for this? A psion telepath who controls people's minds, while no one suspects the cute (high Cha) little kid licking the lolipop? Or would a stealthy and sneaky rogue be better?

Would this be useless in anything more than a political or city campaign?

p.s.: Is there any mechanics in 3.5 for getting rid of the pointiness of the halfling's ears? Perhaps finding a doctor/cleric with a high heal check?
    Last edited by newbDM; 2009-04-11 at 09:20 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [3.5] A halfling character who goes around desgised as a human/elf toddler?

I'd suggest that, unless you're starting at extremely low levels, a Hat of Disguise, and a few ranks in Perform: Acting is all you need for this. However, be ready for the very real discrimination that takes place against young children (not welcome at high state affairs, stand out badly in bars, targeted by opportunists).

And yes, given the nature of the deception involved with this, psion, beguiler or sorcerer might be the perfect way to express this concept.

Sounds like this could be a LOT of fun, especially if you've talked to the other players and they're good to play along.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2009-04-11 at 09:51 AM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] A halfling character who goes around desgised as a human/elf toddler?

I've played a reverse take on that idea: an elf child who disguises himself as a halfling. Your idea should be a major blast. If you're starting at low level, either cleric for Persisted Disguise Self or beguiler for multiple illusions might be necessary.
    There is no good and evil. There is only more and less.
    - Khorn'Tal
    -----------------------------------------
    Kalar Eshanti

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Reminds me of the old Bugs Bunny cartoon, when the short gangster dressed as a baby.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I think a Beguiler might be the best class to pull this off with...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'd think you would need a disgquise spell or similar with a healthly perform (acting) and bluff skill. However a dead give away is the coordination an adult has vs a todler, and that the halfling would have an adult body. Side burns and all. I honly dont see an adult halfling playing a todler, they are to big. A human child of 6 to 10 very much so.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Don't forget about the hairy feet. I'd imagine that the act would get boring after a short bit. I too was reminded of the bugs bunny gangster cartoon.