New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Nets!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Nets!

So Me and my roomate where discussing the finer points of Trident/spear and net fighting when I started to wonder if i enchant a net with shocking or flaming or what not and throw it at the enemy do they take the shocking/flaming/ what have you every round?

The next question is can you think of any funny net enchantments?

The best we came up with is a returning net ... we couldn't figure out if it would fold it self or entangle the owner.
    When the end comes i shall remember you.

I sorry i fail Englimish...(appologise for Spelling/Grammer Errors) Please don't correct my spelling or grammer eaither.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Nets!

A flaming, spell storing net would be pretty awesome (the flaming's so that it damages, and therefore activates spell storing), maybe something like Vampiric Touch stored.

And to answer your first question, in the interests of fairness, I'd personally say no, though I'm not sure if there's an official ruling.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2009-04-18 at 01:19 PM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #3

Ain't no rule that says removing the net ends the entanglement condition:

Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    A net is used to entangle enemies. When you throw a net, you make a ranged touch attack against your target. A net’s maximum range is 10 feet. If you hit, the target is entangled. An entangled creature takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty on Dexterity, can move at only half speed, and cannot charge or run. If you control the trailing rope by succeeding on an opposed Strength check while holding it, the entangled creature can move only within the limits that the rope allows. If the entangled creature attempts to cast a spell, it must make a DC 15 Concentration check or be unable to cast the spell.

An entangled creature can escape with a DC 20 Escape Artist check (a full-round action). The net has 5 hit points and can be burst with a DC 25 Strength check (also a full-round action).
    So yeah, Returning is by far the best option.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

A flaming net would damage each round, as it is still on fire.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordChucks View Post
    The most unpleasant plane is the one filled with snakes and Samuel L. Jackson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    You kill people by teleporting their brain...into your hand. That's about as badass as it gets, and should come with a free +30 on all Intimidate checks made...ever.

No gods. No kings. Only PCs. Ceteris paribus.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

What about a Dislocator Returning Net?

You throw it at them, activate the entangling, then activate Dislocator. It teleports them 1d100 miles in a random direction. It returns to you that same round, with the enemy still wrapped up in it. I'd estimate that moving 50 miles in about a second would do a large amount of damage when the net stopped?