New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Ways of getting Fast Healing?

I'm playing an ECL 8 Orge with 20 Constitution DR 2/- and over 100 health, his philosophy on life is that you can solve almost any problem by either hitting it hard enough (26 Strength helps there) or by being so tough you just never die.

In this theme I want to get him Fast Healing (or Regeneration I guess will work just as well), but I just cant find anywhere to get it with any real worth, I've done searches here, looked for items feats and templates, and due to being a giant I cant find anything I can use other than an Epic feat (slightly out of my league right now).

So fellow playgrounders, do you know of anything I can get which will grant me this, or something similar to make me equally unkillable (and more liked by my party cleric as I wont need to request healing after doing something woefully idiotic and injuring myself again)?

Thanks =)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Ways of getting Fast Healing?

If you have a decent Wisdom, one of the Combat Focus feats in the PHB2 will give you fast healing.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The Combat Vigor feat from PHB2 grants fast healing, but only for at most 10 rounds at a time, and only during combat. You need two prerequisite feats, but they're all on the fighter list, and the prereqs aren't all that bad, either.

If you can get some way of changing your form, Warshaper (Complete Warrior) will give you fast healing (and a bunch of other worthwhile benefits), but only while you're in a form other than your natural one.

A binder (Tome of Magic) can get fast healing (and also unlimited out-of-combat healing for the rest of your party) by binding Buer, but that requires at least five levels.

A one-level dip in Dragon Shaman (PHB2) will give you a few auras, one of which gives you and your party fast healing, but only up to half your maximum.

And it's not exactly fast healing, but you can get in-combat healing from a one (or more) level dip in Crusader, from Tome of Battle.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Be a troll instead?
    God, its nice to see someone has a DM who is willing to play things fast and loose. Please tell me you are a Frenzied Berserker.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Scion of Tem-Et-Nu from Sandstorm gets Fast Healing 5 at third level. It's also full BAB and easy to qualify for. The only problem, besides RP concerns, is that the Fast Healing only works if you're next to or in a river. I would suggest strapping Decanters of Endless Water to yourself until you count as a river.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

I swear I just saw an older thread about this.

Here's a link.

Some more obscure and higher-level stuff than Chronos', but maybe worth consideration.
    Last edited by Bluebeard; 2009-04-19 at 07:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The Feral template gives fast healing (along with a ton of other stuff), if your DM will allow it.
    My characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah, human gestalt druid/totemist
    Adrian, human rogue
    Calypso, half-nymph human gestalt druid/miscellaneous

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Found another one-- If you worship Corellon Larethian (who would be a bit of an odd choice for an ogre, but...) and take the True Believer feat, you could get Millennial Chainmail. It only costs 8150 GP, and gives you Fast Healing 3 as long as you're exposed to light.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

+1 for Combat Vigor. It's easy to get, easy to activate (successful attack roll: punch self in leg), and you get to heal through sheer force of badassitude. Grab whichever three Combat Focus feats you like best, and rock out hardcore.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Found another one-- If you worship Corellon Larethian (who would be a bit of an odd choice for an ogre, but...) and take the True Believer feat, you could get Millennial Chainmail. It only costs 8150 GP, and gives you Fast Healing 3 as long as you're exposed to light.
    Sounds like you might want to cram some everburning torches down the front of it.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you for all your replies, I would have been able to comment, but I've been doing my final year dissertation and the forums have been down a lot of late. So to bulk reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Glimbur View Post
    Scion of Tem-Et-Nu from Sandstorm gets Fast Healing 5 at third level. ... the Fast Healing only works if you're next to or in a river. I would suggest strapping Decanters of Endless Water to yourself until you count as a river.
    take the True Believer feat, you could get Millennial Chainmail. It ... gives you Fast Healing 3 as long as you're exposed to light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Another_Poet View Post
    Sounds like you might want to cram some everburning torches down the front of it.
    I think rocks would fall on my head if I tried any of these, but thanks for the suggestions, they might be useful for other games at any rate.

The Combat Vigor feat from PHB2 grants fast healing, but only for at most 10 rounds at a time, and only during combat. You need two prerequisite feats, but they're all on the fighter list, and the prereqs aren't all that bad, either.

A binder (Tome of Magic) can get fast healing (and also unlimited out-of-combat healing for the rest of your party) by binding Buer, but that requires at least five levels.

A one-level dip in Dragon Shaman (PHB2) will give you a few auras, one of which gives you and your party fast healing, but only up to half your maximum.
    All good suggestion the Dragon Shaman one is actually pretty nice and I seriously considered it. Combat Vigor means I'd be tempted to use the good old bag of rats trick to heal up, which again would mean I'd have a squishy end.

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    The Feral template gives fast healing (along with a ton of other stuff), if your DM will allow it.
    I had actually found the Feral template myself, but had it dismissed due to its potency and the fact that I'm not technically a humanoid anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectonkhyres View Post
    Be a troll instead?
    God, its nice to see someone has a DM who is willing to play things fast and loose. Please tell me you are a Frenzied Berserker.
    This actually made me laugh due to the nature of the suggestion, however, it works surprisingly well and is actually the one I'm going for (although I'll now have to read up on how regeneration works when it comes to being killed).
    My character is not actually a berserker, he was heading down the barbarian lines with the potential for going into this, however the potential risk of TPKing the group meant the rest of the group wasn't too happy and they actually made me have anger management lessons in game till I quit going on stupid rages. So I retrained to fighter (although I was able to swing a feat every level instead of every other due to the power loss) and still do reckless things, but not quite as reckless as when I was raging.

Thanks again for the all suggestions people, I think I'm done now though