New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Weapon Crystals

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Weapon Crystals

I'm currently away from my books (and will be in the predictable future) and I have no way to check about this stuff so I ask you all. Are there any interesting weapon crystals (from MiC) to be placed on ranged weapons, namely a bow? Doesn't have to be a crystal specific for a ranged weapon, but anything that improved it would be nice. Maximum price about 1400gp.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Weapon Crystals

If you were willing to go up to 1500gp, you could try a lesser crystal of life drinking: 3 hit points healed on every hit, to a maximum of 30 points a day.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually 1350 is REALLY the maximum I can go, but I was actually looking for something cheaper. But yes I do remember that one, I ussualy get the lesser version of that one for very low level melee characters.

Something else? I remember a few that add elemental damage but I have no idea how much they cost, and I supose that there's at least one or two specifically designed for ranged weapons (I remember one for thrown weapons but that doesn't really help here....)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

The Least Crystals of Energy Assault cost only 600 GP, but they only add 1 elemental damage. The Lesser ones cost 3k already.
    Demolition deals extra damage vs constructs and costs 1k.
    The 500 GP Least Phoenix Ash Threat sets your target on fire.
    There isn't anything that really helps in the realm of ranged weaponry; all are pretty universal.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay