Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: [Template/Creature] Cursed One
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
- Devon, England
[Template/Creature] Cursed One
Size and Type: Undead-type, everything else remains same
Hit Dice: All hit dice become d12s
AC: varies: See below
Special Attacks: Same, plus:
• Cursed Strike: Whenever anything is damaged by a cursed one's weapon, natural weapon or spell, they must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the Cursed One's HD + the Cursed One's Cha-modifier) or the damage caused cannot be healed unless a remove curse or greater spell is cast first. Any living creature killed when failing their will save cannot be raised (but resurrection and true resurrection work) until a remove curse or greater spell is cast.
• Create Spawn: All killed by its attack and fail their will save against cursed damage will rise up as a Cursed One itself after 1d4 days at the stroke of midnight unless a remove curse spell or greater has been cast successfully.
Special Qualities: Same, plus:
• Immunity to all curses: Cursed Ones are as cursed as is possible to be.
• Damage Reduction: varies, see below.
• Undead Qualities
• Cursed: If remove curse or greater is cast on a cursed one, they must make a will save or die.
Abilities: +4 Strength
Challenge Rating: 1-5 HD = +3, 6-10 = +4, 11-15 = +5, 16-20 = +6, spellcasters all have an additional +1 to CR.
Treasure: Same. Except there's a 50% chance that half of its equipment is cursed.
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: By character class.
Level Adjustment: +12/+14 (am not sure yet)
1-5: DR 5/Magic, +1 natural armour bonus to AC
6-10: DR 10/Magic, +3 natural armour bonus to AC
11-15: DR 15/Magic, +5 natural armour bonus to AC
16+: DR 15/Magic and Cold Iron, +7 natural armour bonus to AC
It looks like it did while alive, but with gaping, bloodless, glowing wounds, its face is a mask of hatred with its eyes glowing with a red malevolence
These creatures are the remnants of those who died whilst cursed, this can be caused by a number of things, notably the spells bestow curse or cursed blade, they seem vengeance against those who cursed them but if they cannot fulfull that they tend to wander about random, slaying the living that they envy, or on rarer occasions disguising themselves and controlling their rage, before questioning the living (though after that they will likely kill that living person they just asked to appease their fury).And lo, the people of Soanso asked unto their leader for a nutricious food for them to partake to accompany meals containing meats, vegetables and sauces combined, and so in his infinite wisdom did their leader call upon his god to grant them their wish, and so pasta was born.
- Join Date
- Jun 2006
Re: [Template/Creature] Cursed One
have you read of the Curst? Sounds like you have. I can't even remember what book it's in. Anyway.
This seems only slightly more powerful than a lich, an LA+4 creature. I'd say it's LA +5, unless I'm missing something. All I can say is look at a Vampire, LA +8. I'm pretty sure it's a lot better than this. Also, I think it's almost an unofficial rule that LA can't go over +8, cause then it doesnt have enough hit die to be playable.Attention Imgur Users! Imgur apparently doesn't like hosting images anymore and only works in certain places or for people who already have the image cached: No one can see your avatars or images!
Also Photobucket users? Don't know if it's a bandwidth or region lock or something, but I'm seeing some avatars blurred out with a watermark that looks like the photobucket icon.
And Tinypic went down a while back, seeing plenty of old avatars showing their downed image.