Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Just throwing this out there...

    Anyone else notice that Archmages can use mastery of shaping on an Antimagic field, and that arcane strike functions in an antimagic field?

    Have fun!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Illinois, U.S
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Just throwing this out there...

    Archmage may be difficult to work into a Gish build. The best tactic might be to use a reach weapon and shape the AMF into a cone, so whoever you're facing at the time is under the effect of the AMF.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gralamin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Default Re: Just throwing this out there...

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin B. View Post
    Archmage may be difficult to work into a Gish build. The best tactic might be to use a reach weapon and shape the AMF into a cone, so whoever you're facing at the time is under the effect of the AMF.
    Wizard 3/Master Specialist 5/IoTSV 4/Abjurant Champion 5/Archmage 3 Would probably be decent.

    Wizard 5/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Archmage 4. Maybe 2 levels of Archmage switched out for 2 levels of Abjurant Champion.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tyckspoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Just throwing this out there...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin View Post
    Wizard 3/Master Specialist 5/IoTSV 4/Abjurant Champion 5/Archmage 3 Would probably be decent.
    Decent, certainly, as it's a full caster, but not a Gish. Without fractional BAB it gets all of.. BAB +11, if I'm counting this right. Too many levels in 1/2 progression classes, and especially too many levels dropped on odd levels where BAB doesn't advance. Something has to go to make that a proper gish.. maybe drop Initiate and an Archmage level for Eldritch Knight/Knight Phantom/Spellsword.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gralamin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005

    Default Re: Just throwing this out there...

    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Decent, certainly, as it's a full caster, but not a Gish. Without fractional BAB it gets all of.. BAB +11, if I'm counting this right. Too many levels in 1/2 progression classes, and especially too many levels dropped on odd levels where BAB doesn't advance. Something has to go to make that a proper gish.. maybe drop Initiate and an Archmage level for Eldritch Knight/Knight Phantom/Spellsword.
    Full casters make better Gishes then Gishes .

    But yes, the BAB could be adjusted a bit, and If you have access to Knight Phantom or similar its an excellent class. Eldritch Knight should be avoided.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •