New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [d20 Modern] 300 years later

Here's a question for those better versed in such matters.

Assume that humanity is dealt a crippling blow. Most of the population is dead or turned barbirac. What remains of cities, vehicles, etc. after 300 hundred years of disuse and salvaging?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [d20 Modern] 300 years later

Well, you are in luck.

I just read an article on the subject.

Here's the link.

Fascinating stuff.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

d20 Modern: Apocalypse is a WotC supplement that answers this exact question.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

There was some kind of... special called "Life after humans" (or something similar) which offered a general timeline of when things would boop out.

http://www.history.com/minisites/life_after_people This might contain something in part as well of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    d20 Modern: Apocalypse is a WotC supplement that answers this exact question.
    Correction, it gives an idea but does not provide the details. Hence this thread. I have d20 Modern Apocalypse and plan on running an IRL game for it soon. I need to know what sort of effect 300 years of dereliction would have on a major city full of survivors so I can communicate that sort of stuff to my players.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The problem is, most of the programs and ideas about future after a great catastrophe start with the assumption that humans are gone completely - which is convenient, as the people designing the program don't have to bother themselves with such variables as the effort put by survivors into preserving the infrastructure and technology, only partial abandonment of various facilities (which ones and why?), thinking about the best strategies for survival in new conditions, etc, etc.