New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Question Character Builder questions

I love the character builder that 4th Edition has. It makes gaming so much easier to have a single place to go to wherewhich to make your character from all the disparate options. Does anyone know of one for 3.5 ed? Additionally, is there a way to add your own homebrew stuff to the 4e Character Builder, such as new homelands from the Forgotten Realms or a new base class?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by CheshireCatAW; 2009-05-21 at 08:47 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    All credit to the mighty and glorious Smuchmuch, most generous and talented of artistic boardmembers, may life be forever indebted to you for your talents and skills for creating my avatar for me.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Character Builder questions

Hero Forge is a pretty useful 3.5 utility. IIRC, its free too, and easy to write in non-core material to customize your character as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

That sounds like what I'm looking for precisely. Now, just one more question, where do I download it from? I'm assuming the website is http://www.heroforgesoftware.com/ but I cannot find a link that will allow me to download it from there.
    All credit to the mighty and glorious Smuchmuch, most generous and talented of artistic boardmembers, may life be forever indebted to you for your talents and skills for creating my avatar for me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireCatAW View Post
    Additionally, is there a way to add your own homebrew stuff to the 4e Character Builder, such as new homelands from the Forgotten Realms or a new base class?
    Most of the pages in the builder have a small yellow house icon in the upper right corner (IIRC, the house is marked with the letter H).

If you click on that house, a drop down menu will appear, one item on which is called something like "Add custom element".

That's how you add homebrew stuff to the builder.
    Kudos and thanks to Mortugg for the awesome custom avatar!

Colmarr's Blog: The Astral Sea.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Excellent, thank you very much. You assistance is much appreciated.