New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Exclamation I demand Age of Wyrms!

This is sort of an interest thread, and essentially my public begging for a game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: I demand Age of Wyrms!

Try posting in the OOC: Recruitment subforum.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yes I was thinking of that, but then again I though I'd get more responses i the gaming thread because more people read it.

4. - Top - End - #4

I support this motion [but only if I get to play a force dragon]!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I support his motion to support this motion with much emotion while I stand by the ocean!
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'd like to say I know what a force dragon is but I've been out of the D&D loop ever since 4.0 came out. *Shudders*.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

It's a dragon from the epic level handbook, it's baby form is starts in the double digits....

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

so 7 million types of cheese then?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matthat View Post
    so 7 million types of cheese then?
    Not really cheesey, just powerful and not really intended for use as a PC race. I mean, it's a freaking dragon made of force. If a DM allows it for use by a player, he'll get zero sympathy if he complains about it being over-powered.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-06-05 at 03:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Scratch that, wait, how could I forget...I wanna be a TIME dragon! [Gods bless Paizo's last issue of Dragon!]

Okay seriously, I think a dragon campaign would be interesting and might even work. The problem is, each dragon type has a slightly different power level. So you'd either have to reinstate different XP tables *shudder* or homebrew a generic dragon template with PC options to distinguish breed. Or just accept that dragon PCs of different breeds will have different power levels.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Xorvindaal would be a great starting point, dragon chess/capture-the-flag with added hordiness. woot.
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm... I smell Homebrew Thread, Mr. Tequila in the Sun!

V: Well, I wasn't saying that you should DM... but that you were probably the best person in this thread so far with the most experience of at least providing a direction for homebrewers to go in at least (in addition to remembering that you seemed to enjoy homebrewing some things before) <_< >_>

...I still need to go over that tome of houserules of yours...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-06-05 at 07:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

13. - Top - End - #13

Okay, I'm totally not volunteering to DM this thing, but I love a good design challenge so...The Council is convened. I'm not volunteering. Really. Seriously. I'm in a foreign country and don't have my books.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Scratch that, wait, how could I forget...I wanna be a TIME dragon! [Gods bless Paizo's last issue of Dragon!]

Okay seriously, I think a dragon campaign would be interesting and might even work. The problem is, each dragon type has a slightly different power level. So you'd either have to reinstate different XP tables *shudder* or homebrew a generic dragon template with PC options to distinguish breed. Or just accept that dragon PCs of different breeds will have different power levels.
    Assuming 3.X DnD, a copy of the Draconomicon is all you need; it lists LA for practically every dragon out there. If it's 4th ed you're talking about, just ignore me completely ::whistles his way out the room::
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seriously though, a Wyrmling Force Dragon starts with 20 hit dice and who-knows-how-many level adjustment. A Wyrmling Mercury dragon could have comparable ECL with 20 levels of wizard. Yeah, I wouldn't really say force dragons are overpowered.

In fact, I'd say most dragons have level adjustment that's way too high. There are a few reasonable ones though, like the Mercury/Steel/Mist Dragons from Dragons of Faerun.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    Assuming 3.X DnD, a copy of the Draconomicon is all you need; it lists LA for practically every dragon out there. If it's 4th ed you're talking about, just ignore me completely ::whistles his way out the room::
    You could use the Dra'con but it's really designed for DMs rather than players. I don't have it in front of me, but I don't think there are enough ECLs listed that when the DM says "we're playing at X ECL" the players will have more than a couple choices. And as the PCs advance in age categories, ECL tends to jump around. Plus, dragons as monsters (aka all published dragon stats) are basically the same: heavy tankers with a healthy dose of skill points and a bunch of magical tricks that generally do a lot of nothing.

Anyway, I'm not doing this in the hopes of obligating some potential DM to use my rules. I just like doing this stuff.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    You could use the Dra'con but it's really designed for DMs rather than players. I don't have it in front of me, but I don't think there are enough ECLs listed that when the DM says "we're playing at X ECL" the players will have more than a couple choices. And as the PCs advance in age categories, ECL tends to jump around. Plus, dragons as monsters (aka all published dragon stats) are basically the same: heavy tankers with a healthy dose of skill points and a bunch of magical tricks that generally do a lot of nothing.

Anyway, I'm not doing this in the hopes of obligating some potential DM to use my rules. I just like doing this stuff.
    Or we could just go gestalt.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.