Level: Druid 3, ranger 3
    Components: V, S, DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: Living creature touched
    Duration: 1 min./level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

When casting this spell, choose one of the subjectís natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. That natural weaponís threat range for a critical hit doubles (in most cases, becomes 19-20). In addition, the subject gains a +4 enhancement bonus on rolls to confirm a critical hit. This spell does not stack with any other effects that increase a weaponís threat range.

Bite of the Behemoth
    Transmutation
    Level: Druid 4, ranger 4
    Duration: 1 round./level

When casting this spell, choose one of the subjectís natural weapons. For the duration of the spell, that natural weapon deals damage as though the target were one size category larger than itís actual size. This spell does not stack with itself, although it does stack with other effects that increase the targetís actual size and the Improved Natural Attack feat.

Silverclaws
    Transmutation

When casting this spell, choose one of the subjectís natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. For the duration of the spell, the affected natural weapon is treated as if it were made of silver: The natural weapon automatically overcomes the damage reduction of certain creatures vulnerable to it, such as lycanthropes. However, on a successful attack with the silvered natural weapon, the creature takes a Ė1 penalty on the damage roll (with the usual minimum of 1 point of damage).
    This spell does not grant the ability to automatically overcome damage reduction pierced by magical attacks. Further magic is needed to accomplish that.
    A creature cannot be affected by this spell at the same time as it is affected by the ironclaws, claws of byeshk, or claws of admantine spells, or by other effects that would produce the same result (such as a magical talisman that changes the subjectís natural attacks so that they are treated as adamantine). In such cases, the most recent effect suppresses all others for its duration.

Ironclaws
    Transmutation
    Level: Druid 4, ranger 4

When casting this spell, choose one of the subjectís natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. For the duration of the spell, the affected natural weapon is treated as if it were made of cold iron: The natural weapon automatically overcomes the damage reduction of certain creatures vulnerable to it, such as some fey.
    This spell does not grant the ability to automatically overcome damage reduction pierced by magical attacks. Further magic is needed to accomplish that.
    A creature cannot be affected by this spell at the same time as it is affected by the silverclaws, claws of byeshk, or claws of admantine spells, or by other effects that would produce the same result (such as a magical talisman that changes the subjectís natural attacks so that they are treated as adamantine). In such cases, the most recent effect suppresses all others for its duration.

Claws of Byeshk
    Transmutation
    Level: Druid 5

When casting this spell, choose one of the subjectís natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. For the duration of the spell, the affected natural weapon is treated as if it were made of byeshk: The natural weapon automatically overcomes the damage reduction of certain creatures vulnerable to it, such as the daelkyr.
    A creature cannot be affected by this spell at the same time as it is affected by the silverclaws, ironclaws, or claws of admantine spells, or by other effects that would produce the same result (such as a magical talisman that changes the subjectís natural attacks so that they are treated as adamantine). In such cases, the most recent effect suppresses all others for its duration.

Claws of Adamantine
    Transmutation
    Level: Druid 6

When casting this spell, choose one of the subjectís natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. For the duration of the spell, the affected natural weapon is treated as if it were made of adamantine: The natural weapon automatically overcomes the damage reduction of certain creatures vulnerable to it, such as many constructs. In addition, the natural attack ignores object hardness less than 20.
    A creature cannot be affected by this spell at the same time as it is affected by the silverclaws, claws of byeshk, or ironclaws spells, or by other effects that would produce the same result (such as a magical talisman that changes the subjectís natural attacks so that they are treated as silver). In such cases, the most recent effect suppresses all others for its duration.

Align Claw
    Transmutation [see text]

When casting this spell, choose one of the subjectís natural weapons. For the duration of the effect, this spell makes the natural weapon good, evil, lawful, or chaotic, as you choose. A natural weapon that is aligned can bypass the damage reduction of certain creatures, usually outsiders of the opposite alignment.
    You canít cast this spell on a manufactured weapon.
    When you make a weapon good, evil, lawful, or chaotic, align claw is good, evil, lawful, or chaotic spell, respectively.

Edit: Rangers don't have 5th level spells... :-[

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: New Druid/Ranger Spells (PEACH)

Hmm, I wonder if Wren will be preparing any of these spells...
    The Scroungers Campaign Setting
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew
    A Zombiemageddon Campaign Journal!

3. - Top - End - #3

I'm not very good at balance, but the ideas are sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Chumleigh View Post
    Oh.
    Oh, my.
    You just earned seventeen cool points by my reckoning. And I'm so sigging that.
    Cheers,
    --Count Chumleigh

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock
    Razorclaws
    Transmutation
    Duration: 1 min./level

When casting this spell, choose one of the subjectís natural weapons that does slashing or piercing damage. That natural weaponís threat range for a critical hit doubles (in most cases, becomes 19-20). In addition, the subject gains a +4 enhancement bonus on rolls to confirm a critical hit. This spell does not stack with any other effects that increase a weaponís threat range.
    Are you trying to get this to be Keen Edge for natural weapons? If so, it's slightly off. This is Keen Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock
    I based it off of razorfangs from the Draconomicon. I thought I'd add a little boost to justify the higher spell level than that spell.
    Okay, that makes sense.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psionic Devotee
    Are you trying to get this to be Keen Edge for natural weapons? If so, it's slightly off. This is Keen Edge.
    I based it off of razorfangs from the Draconomicon. I thought I'd add a little boost to justify the higher spell level than that spell.

As for keen edge, razorclaws has a much shorter duration and a range of touch rather than Close.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seems pretty good and balanced. The +4 to confirm is a little off, but oh well. Seems like nice companions to magic fang and magic fang, greater.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm, we shall have to see. Even assuming I go pure Druid(or Druid+full spell-casting PrC) all the way, it will be ECL 9ish before I can even prepare 3rd level spells.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKitKat
    Hmm, we shall have to see. Even assuming I go pure Druid(or Druid+full spell-casting PrC) all the way, it will be ECL 9ish before I can even prepare 3rd level spells.
    Well, these are also intended for any other druid/ranger who comes across them. Hence, claws of byeshk for Eberron druids (once again, I can hardly believe this spell doesn't already exist).

After all, worgs can't have all the fun! :D

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

...I have the sudden desire to play an awakened wolverine druid with permanencied claws of adamantine and a ring of regeneration.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

*Rolled up newspaper to the nose*

Bad Fax, BAD! No biscuit!
    Brilliant Howler Avatar by Mephibosheth! HAIL! (I owe him a Divine Rank)&&&& Daveth