New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Recommend an Adventure

I'm looking for a fun and cheap/free dungeon crawly type adventure. Preferably a less-known adventure; system doesn't matter 'cause I'll be translating it into another game anyway.

Many thanks.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Recommend an Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    I'm looking for a fun and cheap/free dungeon crawly type adventure. Preferably a less-known adventure; system doesn't matter 'cause I'll be translating it into another game anyway.

Many thanks.
    Get NETHACK.

Infinite adventures at your fingertips.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar, with thanks to the wondrous Ink. Steampunk avatar by the talented KingGolem. xkcd avatar by the fantabulous happyturtle

Current Characters:
    Aldon Moorcastle (Adventurer Education)
    Edwick the Magnificent (Heroes & Villains)
    My Homebrew: Surikats (Race)

3. - Top - End - #3

I was hoping for something a bit more planned-out than a random dungeon generator...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

If you are starting your your characters out at level 1, and willing to do a large amount of adaption for minor elements the module writer obviously didn't think very hard about... I would recommend either The Burning Plague, or A Dark and Storm Knight, both available for free on the Wizards Website. In each case, it is relatively easy to give each of your characters a reason to get involved, and thus help them form a group.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x...030530b&page=1

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Goodman Games' Dungeon Crawl Classics adventures are the perfect thing for you, I think. There're dozens of them at different levels for different editions anyway. You can usually get 'em cheap on RPGNow and other places, and I usually see a handful of them in most gaming stores and used books stores.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What level of story are you looking for?

Because if you're just looking for a dungeon to run there's some random dungeon generators around...

This is a D20 variant that you can make use of relatively easily and it has some lesser known adventures/dungeons up on the site
    . Also some ones that aren't on that page if you're up to poking around the site.

Right... since you don't want just a random dungeon... this might be more up your alley: http://www.bin.sh/gaming/tools/adventure.cgi

Generates a random adventure to use as a jumping off point for tweaking. Can then just, y'know, generate a dungeon to crawl in and tweak the encounters to fit the theme. (rest of the site: http://www.bin.sh/gaming/tools/ )
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-06-20 at 06:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Here are WOTC's free adventures: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/duarch/ad

The only one I've really played is Prisoner of the Castle Perilous, which is a high-level dungeon crawl type with a lich at the end.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay