New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

Default Throwing with a tripping weapon

Setting sun maneuvers let you make a trip attempt to throw targets, and the FAQ says that you can add your bonus from improved trip to this.

The question is, can you use a weapon to trip an enemy for a bigger bonus (or with a whip or spiked chain to do so at range with reach). The FAQ's (official and otherwise) don't seem to answer this question.

The complicating factor is that most of these are listed as having a range of touch, but the tornado throw has a range of melee attack.

So can you use a spiked chain to throw with
    a. Only this maneuver
    b. All maneuvers
    c. No maneuvers
    Last edited by Rainbownaga; 2009-06-23 at 08:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Throwing with a tripping weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbownaga View Post
    Setting sun maneuvers let you make a trip attempt to throw targets, and the FAQ says that you can add your bonus from improved trip to this.

The question is, can you use a weapon to trip an enemy for a bigger bonus (or with a whip or spiked chain to do so at range). The FAQ's (official and otherwise) don't seem to answer this question.

The complicating factor is that most of these are listed as having a range of touch, but the tornado throw has a range of melee attack.

So can you use a spiked chain to throw with
    a. Only this maneuver
    b. All maneuvers
    c. No maneuvers

I belive the ones that say touch require you to touch the person. However the tornado throw i would let any weapon use it... including a whip or a chain.
    When the end comes i shall remember you.

I sorry i fail Englimish...(appologise for Spelling/Grammer Errors) Please don't correct my spelling or grammer eaither.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbownaga View Post
    The question is, can you use a weapon to trip an enemy for a bigger bonus (or with a whip or spiked chain to do so at range).
    That's not "at range". Those are reach weapons, which means you need to hold onto them. Bolas allow actual ranged trips.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroksChosen View Post
    I belive the ones that say touch require you to touch the person. However the tornado throw i would let any weapon use it... including a whip or a chain.
    Thanks for the help.

And yes, i meant "With reach" rather than range; I'll edit my post.