New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Zombie

Default Martial Heroes 4

Is it just me or is everything in 4th edition getting big hooters like in the older days?

I mean guys in RPG artwork can have pecks and all that, but it seems often cases there is a be of depravity going on with designers maybe causing much of the new artwork and minis to have even males with mammary glands such as it seems the new male tiefling has that are larger than the human female in the same set.

Do our RPG artists spend too much time looking at one specific type of subject and miss out on the detail for the other gender?

Are there other games that seem to have this type of unintended cross-over anatomy in the artwork depictions or just D&D?

Or is this particular tiefling wearing the infamous girdle?

EDIT: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20090626a

May or may not be DDI subscriber only content.
    Last edited by shadzar; 2009-06-26 at 08:03 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Martial Heroes 4

Forgive me because I could be harshly..

You know, there are lot of times you can catch me bashing 4th edition, but..

Don't you think that before starting a thread, one should take a long breath, relax, see if it's the case, and then write?
    Last edited by Kaiyanwang; 2009-06-26 at 07:42 AM.
    Warning: my time zone and internet acces may lead to strange/late post answers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    The rogue isn't really using charisma in melee, the rogue is applying Ability Score #6 to his Type-One attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ken-do-nim View Post
    DMing is how you turn D&D from a game into a hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon View Post
    Players can see a story where there isn't one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    For 4.0? I expect them to whine to the DM until he makes the big bad boogeyman go away.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Don't you think that before starting a thread, one should take a long breath, relax, see if it's the case, and then write?
    I haven't seen it myself, but he seems to be making a fairly clear complaint about a specific picture. If you think he's wrong, then a "no those aren't boobs on a male tiefling" will do just fine.
    Last edited by Jayabalard; 2009-06-26 at 07:55 AM.
    Kungaloosh!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Jayabalard View Post
    I haven't seen it myself, but he seems to be making a fairly clear complaint about a specific picture. If you think he's wrong, then a "no those aren't boobs on a male tiefling" will do just fine.
    Not sure if it was subscriber only DDI material because I didn't try to view it on my machine yet and not a subscriber so didn't provide a link, just in case. But yes, it is an article from today's release schedule about the new minis, and otherwise there were pictures in 4th books that show some questionable appendages on males that seem to be more fatty content than muscle. As you put it....man boobs on this particular tiefling, as well as some other art. Is it only D&D, or other RPGs suffering from this?

Being a minis person, I pick up on these things a bit quicker, than maybe I should in both minis and printed art.

I will check and provide the lin to the article above, and if it is subscriber only, I can't really do anything to help anyone with it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Um. Yeah, I think you're hallucinating boobs, Shad. It's just your standard bronze-breastplate thingy. Certainly giving the impression of a pretty buff tiefling, compared to the usual, but nothing gender-bending about it.

And I can't say I've noticed anything of the sort across the DnD art catalogue, either, 4th ed or otherwise.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2009-06-26 at 08:08 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Um. Yeah, I think you're hallucinating boobs, Shad. It's just your standard bronze-breastplate thingy. Certainly giving the impression of a pretty buff tiefling, compared to the usual, but nothing gender-bending about it.

And I can't say I've noticed anything of the sort across the DnD art catalogue, either, 4th ed or otherwise.
    Must be the new tiefling style then, cause the previous ones and images were a bit different.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    Must be the new tiefling style then, cause the previous ones and images were a bit different.
    I think it's just because it's one of those ornate, moulded breastplates. You know, pseudo-greek?

Think Bat-nipples.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yep, the first thing it reminded me of was hoplite breastplate, not anything feminine.
    There is no good and evil. There is only more and less.
    - Khorn'Tal
    -----------------------------------------
    Kalar Eshanti

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Zombie

They need to learn to highlight and shadows these minis then!

Had to get a magnifying glass up to the screen to see the half-plate that it was over the chainmail.

This is why when working with minis it is always a good idea to have a spare set of fresh eyes to look over anything you do....but still the artwork shows the same...must be some off about the new teifling art then now that this mini has been figure out by better eyes than mine.

(Still think his waist is a bit small...but that is a different problem with this minis)

Thanks for the extra eyes on these things!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    They need to learn to highlight and shadows these minis then!
    It's metallic paint? Not crazy highlighting.
    Also, if you're having trouble making out detail, just hold ctrl and scroll your mouse-wheel, enlarges everything nice and easy. :)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Zombie

It's metallic paint? Not crazy highlighting.
    Also, if you're having trouble making out detail, just hold ctrl and scroll your mouse-wheel, enlarges everything nice and easy. :)
    The words got real tiny, then real big. Images didn't change.

Oh well, Its figured out now, and just another example for WotC to show bigger pictures.

Yeah they don't use NMM, they actually use metal flake paint to get the metal look.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe it's just firefox that does that, then. Ah well, you learn something (irrelevant) every-day, I guess. :)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Zombie

Maybe it's just firefox that does that, then. Ah well, you learn something (irrelevant) every-day, I guess. :)
    But I AM using Firefox.

Maybe I got something screwy going on with it and need the latest 3.x beta candidate to fix it....but I don't trust all them beta candidates.

I prefer a "stable" release.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm curious as to what 4e art you're referring to Shadzar. Can you think of any book in particular that has the moobs?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Asbestos View Post
    I'm curious as to what 4e art you're referring to Shadzar. Can you think of any book in particular that has the moobs?
    Would have to borrow them again and wont be til next weekend til I can.

Maybe was on the DDI image galleries as well, but the WotC website is poorly designed for finding anything intuitively, nobody could pay me enough to search back through for all the galleries in it.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I will admit, it looks like there is an unusual "fold" in the Tiefling's armor. Nothing to suggest mammaries, though.

What's wrong with the female warlord? Is it that she doesn't have torpedo-boobies sticking a half-foot out of her chest? Contrary to what is apparently popular opinion, some of us think that women in semirealistic armor is the hawt.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned

Zombie

That may have been what done it for me looking again at them. The tiefling has bigger protrusions that the human, and that just seems strange.