New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Incarnium question

Other then magic of incarnium (i think that's what its called) do any other source books support meld sharpers?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Incarnium question

As far as I can recall, there's a few new melds on Dragon Magic. Not so sure if there's support on Eberron or Forgotten Realms books, but that's highly unlikely.

Aside from that, no. Incarnum got little support, although it is pretty solid and has a load of mechanics that allow some unofficial expanding.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I think Dragon Magic did a few things with Incarnum, but beyond that, no.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

MIC has a few magic items you can invest Essentia into, if that makes it a "supporting" sourcebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd particularly recommend the Essentia Helm from Magic Item Compendium. It helps you fight a lack of Essentia for a few rounds a day. Besides that, I suggest delicious homebrew.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

On the mechanics of essentia, you often are you actually able to assign in to feats and abilities anyway? o.0

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

For everything except feats and a few other things like weird class features that specifically say so, you can swap around your entire Essentia pool as a Swift Action. So if you want to empty out your Girallion Arms and put some of that into your Phase Cloak and some into your Wormtail Belt, that's cool.

Feats get a set amount when you prepare your soulmelds that you can't change for 24 hours. The Essentia Helm lets you get around that; as it specifically lets you fill a receptacle, including a feat, for one round using a charge.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

There was also a Mind's Eye article on the Wizards website that touched on incarnum (specifically, the intersection of incarnum and psionics). And I've heard that there were some issues of Dragon magazine with a few soulmelds, though those are almost impossible to track down.

It could be worse: The only support the Shadowcaster ever got outside of Tome of Magic was three new mysteries in the web enhancement for Cityscape, and the only support for Truenamers was a mention of the skill in an obscure organization in Complete Champion. Binders only got a single new vestige (which really sucks) in Dragon Magic, but they do have official vestiges from at least three different sources online.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    It could be worse: The only support the Shadowcaster ever got outside of Tome of Magic was three new mysteries in the web enhancement for Cityscape, and the only support for Truenamers was a mention of the skill in an obscure organization in Complete Champion. Binders only got a single new vestige (which really sucks) in Dragon Magic, but they do have official vestiges from at least three different sources online.
    Or ToB. Which only got...the book. I think not even a Web Enhancement with new maneuvers or PrCs.

But then again, ToB is quite complete. Incarnum is quite similar, since the chakra bind mechanic expanded over to magic items, but the soulmelds in there are pretty solid.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.