New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Exclamation SOW crossroads (Settlement of the World) [ACRO] related

Please read and abide by these simple rules for the enjoyment of all.

1)This land serves as a blank plot of land so PCs can build houses, guilds, shacks, workshops etc. SOW is not an association, it is a place.
    2)The emphasis is on Pc to PC interaction and the number of Npc is to be kept low (2 or 3 caravan merchants where PCs could sell and buy things, other NPC to appear if needed).
    3) Any aggressive or quite (PC/propriety) harmful interaction is prohibited unless 2 or more people agree to it.. Then they would automatically be teleported outside the camp to duke it out (semi-plane of free fight).
    4) Do not godmod
    5) All buildings must be PC-owned and no duplicating of popular existing facilities (there is one Taverna Generica and it's the best ;))

Presentation of this land
    Spoiler
    Show
    South-east of The Freedom Glades and south-west of the Taverna Generica (small travelling distance) lies a flat but grandiose display of nature's beauty: the rich savannah plains.
    At the Y crossroads there is a flat, solid and huge spot of less grassy area, ideal for people to set something.
    A little bit west of the Y is the Acrostic river that fertilize the neighboring green fields and make the soil quite rich.
    South-east of the Y are the great hunting plains where the warm wind brushes the tall golden grass, where the game abound and where numerous water pounds hydrate the land and the living.
    Due south is a road leading to ??? (to be connected later on with another user's thread)

So to summarize: Build anything you want, this is meant to be YOUR spot to relax/recruit/remeber/resupply (i-e base). Any willing ennemies up for a fight must do it outside of SOW territory or they will be instantly teleported to the demi-plane of fight to sort things out without damaging propriety and others. You can sell and buy from NPC caravans (decide of a fair price, or let me do it if I'm online.. you won't regret it) but transactions are more interesting and colorful between PCs.

Now it is your turn to sow your hope to make it grow as a dream...

Pop counter
    Spoiler
    Show
    9 real people: 12 Pcs 1 Npc + some army goons (Chas)
    Let me know if you permanently leave this land, I'll adjust the number
    I'm really busy during the week but I'll come quite often during the weekend
    It's always ok to play my character when I'm out as long as he doesn't risk anything nor goes against his normal behavior

MAP
    Spoiler
    Show
    Updated Feb. 26th. People with no specific descriptions of their chosen plot in their speech had their plot assigned by me. PM for any changes. Be sure to wait for the icon on the bottom right to appear so you can put it in real size.
    http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/v...al55/SOW-1.jpg
    Caravan Npc(s) in:Turkol (everything+specialized in weapons)

NPCS presentation and pile of building material
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nael Be sure to tell everyone that will later come that I can provide them with anything, from weapons, to building material, passing by food, tools, maps, jewelries and such. When I'll have enough orders that need me to get back in the city (building stone, rare weapons, large amounts of anything) I'll leave and be back on the next day. Don't worry, If I leave Turkol the Barbarian seafarer will come with his caravan in the meanwhile to be sure you guys don't miss anything... I heard he has better weaponry too. tell them I also buy almost everything that has a minimum of value: weapons, skins, gems, treasures, rare game etc. By the way, the first stone and plank delivery will arrive by supper time, so get a rest before helping us unloading

Turkol, the 2nd caravan merchant open two doors from the wooden side of one of the caravans: Weapons of all sorts are hanging: daggers, swords, flails, spears even some crates written M-16 and C4 are brought down from the caravan. On a small table, some metal ingots are put along some tools, powders and oils. Some ingots glow a dark purple that could be seen from 100 meters.
    The other wagons go back to the city leaving Nael and Turkol at the camp.
    Turkol is about 6,2 ft with long blond and brown hair. He is very muscular but still does look quick on his feet. He has a short beard and several earrings. Good tempered but also rough when it comes to unefficency and bargains, Turkol knows a lot about weapon weilding and weaponsmithing.

Free building material for everyone
    ** Rolll, roll, roll** Near the Y, from the south, a series of caravan are coming...
    A few minutes later, the convoy unloads piles of cut stone, lumber, timber, some metal, bricks, rope etc etc. The pile of worked blocks of stones is big enough to support the construction of a few houses, same thing for wood.
    Last edited by Laharal; 2009-02-26 at 11:51 PM. Reason: New layout, updated map, reorganized info
    Great avatar made by Tiffanie Lirle
    If you don't see me... you're already dead...
    Toothpick Sneak Attack!!

Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.easydamus.com/character.html
    You Are A:
    Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Me chaotic? wtf? lol

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: SOW crossroads (Settlement of the World) [ACRO] related

((Congrats on your first thread.))

Alice, being lost, finds the crossroads. She sets up a lemonade stand.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

((I suggest it should be connected at the south to Restaurant Enchante >.>))

A large wagon (size of a small house) wheels into the Crossroads area, pulled by a team of 4 large brown hammelhorns. It comes to a stop somewhere next to a road, and an ogre comes out. The ogre unties the hammelhorns from the wagon and leads them out into the pasture, tethering them to a spike driven in the ground. He returns to the wagon, leaving the hammelhorns to graze freely, and begins working on the wagon, taking things off, putting things up and so on until the wagon resembles a small building. He puts up a large, ornate sign on the storefront reading
    Hestia Cyanide's Potions and Poisons

and reenters the wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #4

((That's cause you want traffic KK. And I want an Ichigo avatar to go along with my Rukia avvy, but that isn't happenin' till LordRod logs back on.))

Alice waves towards the wagon. [color="darkslateblue]OH HAI! Wanna buy some lemonade?[/color

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

At the dawn of a new day, Shamalek, the Catfolk ranger/hunter/explorer finally arrive at the Y crossroads. Tired but filled with joy and hope for a new era, he stops his small cart on the left side of the Y at the height of the junction point.

He searches in his cart and takes an egg-like orb (fist-sized) and plant it the ground, having to big a little bit through the hard and firm ground.
    May seeds of properity bloom in a community strong like the strongest tree
    After that, he bows his neck down and open his palms to the sky, preying the forces of nature. The wind blows hard on his mane. Shamalek, for the first time in his live, distintivly hears the wind speaking to him : This land is now a sanctuary where no harm can be done. See that people thrive to make this soil fruitful and bustling with life

Shamalek drinks some water from his pouch and starts setting his tent: a fur tent, made to keep the heat outside during the day and inside during the night. He also sets up racks to be used to hang animal skins. After lighting a fire, he waits until mid-day, relaxing and strecthing in the grass, before the merchant caravaner Nael arrives at the the Y.
    Greeting Shamalek, Nael (human, 40 ish, small beer belly, bald with a dark-brown mustache) tells Shamalek Glad you have found the spot. Be sure to tell everyone that will later come that I can provide them with anything, from weapons, to building material, passing by food, tools, maps, jewelries and such. When I'll have enough orders that need me to get back in the city (building stone, rare weapons, large amounts of anything) I'll leave and be back on the next day. Don't worry, If I leave Turkol the Barbarian seafarer will come with his caravan in the meanwhile to be sure you guys don't miss anything... I heard he has better weaponry too. tell them I also buy almost everything that has a minimum of value: weapons, skins, gems, treasures, rare game etc. By the way, the first stone and plank delivery will arrive by supper time, so get a rest before helping us unloading

I'd do that, be chure to count on me friend.

Nael goes to the other side of the Y, just in front of Shamalek's camp and starts unpacking some of his cargo, making a little stand with a cloth roof. He lets his horses walk around the carriage and they finally lay down in the shadow of the carriage.
    Toothpick Sneak Attack!!

Spoiler
    Show
    You Are A:

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Me chaotic? wtf? lol

6. - Top - End - #6

Alice wonders if anyone will buy the bloody lemonade she made.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shamalek greets the two travelers when they arrive at the time the sun begins the last quarter of his race for the day.

Dear friends, welcome

He hands them his water pouch.
    He also points out to the river and talks to the smallest of the the pair:
    I see you want to sell drink made out of fruits... I suggest you to explore the riverbanks, you'll probably find a soil enough rich for you to grow trees

And you my tall friend, since I can see you sell poisons, I can recommend you to go there (points south-east) These huntiong grounds hold many snakes that may come handy for you

Oh and pleache pardon my rrrr bad manners... My name is Shamalek. And to whom am I lucky to have a conversation on this beautiful day?

(out time, you can have basic interactions with my pc but don't overdo it lol.. He will remain courteous, polite and helpful as long and you behave the same way... However, demanding physical tasks are out of the question for him until next day because he is too strained.. He can point directions, give food and give info.. If you want him to help you setting camp, it will cost you drinks or food ;) ...)
    Last edited by Laharal; 2009-02-16 at 02:03 AM.
    Toothpick Sneak Attack!!

Spoiler
    Show
    You Are A:

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Me chaotic? wtf? lol

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

A gray glowing portal opens up. A hooded figure with a crown on it's head and an knight with rainbow colored armor steps out.
    Well here we are my lord. The SOW plains.
    Good, it is time for rebuilding.
    Dark runes float into the ground a bit south of Y the in a circle line coming out of them making this on a huge scale.
    Spoiler
    Show

A Tower starts to raise up. The colors of black and white flow around it. Skulls, faces screaming, an eye, and far more shapes can seen in the flowing around and around it.
    Come on Edward. We need to set up the inside of my new home.
    {dead time}
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2009-02-16 at 02:00 AM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

9. - Top - End - #9

((.... That made no @%!#ing sense. At all.))

Alice tilts her head to the side and stares. lolwut?

((Deadtime to watch family guy))

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

*squeak*
    *squeak*
    *squeak*

*squeak*
    *squeak*

This man approaches the crossroads from the north. Stopping to look up at the newly placed tower, his normal greasy smile is temporarily replaced with a frown of mild worry. Drawing his attention away from the tower a bit, he looks over and notices the river.

Walking over, the man kneels down at the stream setting his briefcase next to him. Opening it up, he leans far in, almost to the waist, before drawing himself back out again, holding a beaker in one hand and what appears to be a small model house in the other. Closing the briefcase and setting aside the house for now, the man leans down and fills the beaker with river water. Taking the house, he moves away from the river and closer to the crossroads a bit, though choosing to remain off-set from the rest of the crossroads community that had been set up, as if he didn't quite fit in.

Placing the model down, he poured the water on it and then dashed back to his briefcase quickly. The model grew, slowly at first, then faster until soon, by the river stood a single story house. The paint was a hideous cat-puke green and peeling. Rust lined the porch railings and shutters were hanging on their sides. The windows were covered in dirt and dust. The man smiled and picked up his briefcase. Moving quickly to his new abode, the wooden steps gave a strained groan under his weight, but held. The door swung open with a screech and the man stepped inside.

Some time later, the man came out with a hammer and a wooden sign. Staking it in front of the house, the man nodded, seemingly proud of his work and went back inside. The sign reads as follows:
    ODDITIES

Barter Only
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-02-16 at 03:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #11

Sam approaches from the south road. She'd been traveling a while, and she looked around with an appraising eye. This was where she would settle down. She reaches into her bag of holding, her arm being submerged up to her shoulder, then she pulls out a large iron bar. And another. And another. Eventually she has quite the pile of iron in front of her, and reaching into her bag of holding one last time she pulls out a teleporter. She comes back with an axe, then walks over to a strong oak by the river. She begins to chop. In 5 hours or so the oak lies stretched across the river, with Sally walking across it. She cuts the top half of it off, then chops it in half. she drags one half across and cuts a few poles to stabilise the newly made bridge, then takes the rest of the tree across to her pile of metal. This process takes several hours. She begins to build.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Shamalek notice that the settlement begins to be pretty busy. He goes toward the center of the Y and shouts "Chupper is on me, I'll come back soon"
    He goes toward the hunting grounds while the sun starts going down.
    Shamalek his happy about his new neighbors, whatever their weird apparatus.
    He finds some antilopes drinking by a pound. He shoots 2 antilopes in their teeange years Thich will be tachty, I'll give them meat they won't forget.. so tender.. so tasty
    On his way back home (1 hour 30 later) he notices some strange plants he knows. Southern fangs are a type of sharp and thin short plants that have the propriety to slightly paralyze. It is used in tatoo processing and for small sugeries. Shamalek grabs a handful and leave it on the stand held by the Ogre.
    Shamalek goes at his tent and skins the two dead animals. The process takes 1 hour (in the meanwhile some meat is already slowly cooking on branches over the fire)
    It's around 8 pm and the camp starts to smell really good (for meat-eaters)
    Shamalek waits for people to come
    (deadtime, casual playing of my pc is ok)
    Toothpick Sneak Attack!!

Spoiler
    Show
    You Are A:

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Me chaotic? wtf? lol

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

There was no driving rain or freezing wind that day. Not, at least, in the world of the real, of the actual. However,the bitter weather was there in spirit, as Rutskarn trudged darkly along the path.

Every time, he thought. Every time I try to break away from the iron talons of my corporate overlords, they let me fly free for an instant--one sweet, free, flying instant--before my wings crumple, and I have to choose between returning to their grasp and shattering against the ground.

I'm a salesman at heart. I've come to terms with this. But for once, I didn't want to be a faceless pawn of some equally faceless enterprise. I wanted to own myself.

And every time I try, I end up owning...nothing.

Rutskarn looked up.

Beyond him stretched...somewhere he'd never seen before.

Land.

Free land.

Stores.

Opportunity.

Rutskarn didn't smile. He wasn't that optimistic. But somewhere inside of him, he felt a stirring, a thrumming as if an engine had been started in his rotted body.

Opportunity. Right.

Rutskarn marks off a plot of land. When finished, the plot is 30 by 40 yards.

He puts up a folding table, a sheaf of papers, and a pen.

He then puts up a sign saying Laborers Wanted. Sign Here.

He then leaves, striding briskly away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Edward steps out the tower carrying a worn old sign.
    Don't know why he wants to go back into this old job but who am I to disagree?
    He plants the sign in front of the tower.
    D_Lord's demotion.
    You want it gone, We'll flatten it in 5 rounds or your money back.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Chak'gak

Chak'gak approaches from the PEACE building. When he arrives, he looks around, finds a nice tree, and climbs up it. As there's no caves around and he doesn't have a spade, it'll do.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #16

Sam had finished the basic structure of the building, but she needed to chop down another oak. She faced a very basic problem. She needed a forge. She didn't know where she would get a forge. She could build one, but for that she'd need more tools, and for that she'd need a forge. She saw a sign reading "oddities" and she decided that if anyone had the tools she needed, it would be him. They certainly were very odd. She walked over to the house and climbed the ominously creaking steps.

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The steps creak ominously. But the door doesn't open or anything. I guess it's not a self opening door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sigh

Shamalek grows a little bit impatient hat no ones comes around his fire....Maybe it is not big enoughsays he.
    He goes along the river and finds some dead wood, a good trunk that had time to dry out during the day.... With a lot of dry yellowish grass and the trunk, Shamalek feeds his fire ...*WoooOOOOsh* There is now a 10 ft tall flame in Shamalek's fire It should grab the attention nearby people

Shamalek sits and notices the big and (intended to be) spooky towers. shamaleks doesn't get the chills because for him life and death are intertwined in a cycle. He also understands that different peopel can achieve the same goals with different means
    Might be an interechting person.. and a col tower to climb
    Shamalek takes the skulls of the two animals, clean them and put them a little bit over the fire.
    When everything is dry he goes at the foot of the tower and place the skullz in front of the door with a note Miht be uchful for you, please enjoy
    Shamalek goes back at besides his fire and waits for people to join the feast.....
    (deadtime)
    Last edited by Laharal; 2009-02-19 at 12:35 AM.
    Toothpick Sneak Attack!!

Spoiler
    Show
    You Are A:

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 12
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 13

Me chaotic? wtf? lol

19. - Top - End - #19

Sam notices the fire, but she has more important things to do right now. She needs to secure herself a forge. However, it would be rude of her to completely ignore it, so she yells across: "I'll come over for some food later." She opens the door to the house and wanders inside.
    "uh, hello?" she says.

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The room Sam enters is an incredibly dusty one. Cobwebs lie all along the walls. Floorboards creak precariously. There even seems to be a hole or two in the floor. This place certainly seems unfit to live. To the right and towards the back of the room is another door that must lead further into the house.

In the middle of the room is a card table with one leg shorter than the others creating that annoying, impossible to remove, wobble. Sitting in a cheap folding metal chair facing the doorway is the Squeaky Shoes man. On top of the table is the briefcase.

"Mosst people knock to be let in before entering ssomeoness housse."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #21

"Sorry Sir." said Sam, clearly a little annoyed at her player for forgetting. She steps over a few suspect patches in the floor in order to get further into the room.
    "I was looking for some tools. Apparently not many people make them around here, I was hoping you'd have some?" Sam asked. "Perhaps you're in need of some metal? I have a lot of metal."
    ((My sister's kicking me off, deadtime))

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't really need metal. I prefer to get odditiess in return for my odditiess. You are looking for unussual toolss? Could you be more sspecific?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #23

Alice sits at her table, bored, waiting for someone to buy lemonade.

24. - Top - End - #24

"well, most of the tools I require don't have names. The most basic ones, such as welders, have names yes. I don't think I have any oddities. I could fix up your house a bit?"
    ((Look, I don't know what special tools a blacksmith uses. If we stay away from actually posting specifics this conversation will turn out great. I could give you a list or something.))

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm. I don't really think my housse needss any work, thankss though. Unfortunately it'ss jusst how thiss workss. In order to keep in bussinesss, I need odditiess of some sort to put back in the briefcasse in exchange for odditiess I pull out. Go out, find ssomething unussual, and come back and I can give you the sstrange toolss you need."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #26

Sam sighs in frustration. She reaches into her bag of holding and brings out her teleporter.
    "I'll be back soon" she says, and attempts to teleport out.

Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing about the house or the man stops Sam from teleporting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #28

Then she teleports away. ((and I deadtime))

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

((double post, shockingly))
    Sam reappears and reaches into her bag of holding.
    "here" she says, holding out an incredibly beautiful swan. "My Father remembers what happened last time he tried to stop me using his forge. Luckily I assured him it wouldn't happen again. Down to business. This swan, when sufficient heat is applied, will sing clearly and purely. I still can't get any complicated rhythms going, but this should suffice for now." She hands him the list of tools she might need. There are only 3 or 4 items on the list.
    "Can I get all of these for the swan? You won't find another one like it, at least, not for a while." she says.

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as the tools are odd enough. "Certainly." The man will take the swan and look it over. Despite the greasy fake smile, his expression is unreadable, probably due to the sunglasses. He gives a small nod of approval and opens the briefcase. He puts the swan in and reaches his head inside. After a short while of what appears to be looking around, he comes back out holding the tools requested. He closes and latches the briefcase before handing the tools over. "There you go. Did you need anything elsse?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast