New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Knight View Post
    Sir, I'm pleased to report that both the large alien and Copper have been subdued.

On a related note, sir, I need a new stunstick.
    We're working on it.

I think you'll be pleased with the results.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

I hope so, sir, because Copper is a poor substitute for a good stunstick.

3. - Top - End - #363

I hope so, sir, because Copper is a poor substitute for a good stunstick.
    Hey, its you! You stunned me!

ME NO LIKE BE STUNNED

*Pulls out Morning Star*
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Hey, its you! You stunned me!

ME NO LIKE BE STUNNED

*Pulls out Morning Star*
    *starts to reach for his stunstick, remembers that it's broke*

*grabs Copper again and beats Fiddler*

This is X-Com, rookie! You should be thankful you got stunned, instead of shredded by plasma fire, or eaten alive, or any of the other horrible fates that are probably going to happen to you in the field. Some of them at the same time!
    Last edited by Alex Knight; 2009-07-08 at 06:17 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365

This is X-Com, rookie! You should be thankful you got stunned, instead of shredded by plasma fire, or eaten alive, or any of the other horrible fates that are probably going to happen to you in the field. Some of them at the same time!
    ...you know, you're right! I should stop hiding, because there's so much stuff that I'm missing out on by doing so!
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

He's a squaddie now.

Means you have to stop beating him in about...

Two minutes.

And if he makes Sgt, you can only beat him if he panics.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm... while I have neither desire to be a spoilsport, nor to make it seem as if I was presuming the right to speak for Copper, I have to say this has stopped to be funny.

Chiasaur as commander who (not-so-)secretly wants one soldier whom he dislikes to die? That was amusing.

Everybody in the thread ganging up on Copper, insulting him, throwing in something hurtful in just about every post? That's gone far beyond funny, that's simply repulsive.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

8. - Top - End - #368

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Everybody in the thread ganging up on Copper, insulting him, throwing in something hurtful in just about every post? That's gone far beyond funny, that's simply repulsive.

Hey. I'm just using Copper as a substitute because the commander wouldn't approve of reckless abuse of X-Com equipment, and the other squaddies don't make good stunstick replacements.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Hmmm... while I have neither desire to be a spoilsport, nor to make it seem as if I was presuming the right to speak for Copper, I have to say this has stopped to be funny.

Chiasaur as commander who (not-so-)secretly wants one soldier whom he dislikes to die? That was amusing.

Hey, the moment he says "Quit it guys" They'll all shut up. Or if he really doesn't think it's a joke anymore he'll tell a mod.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like to set forth a proposal that Alex is the Alien Sympth! He's constantly beating other X-Com members for no reason other than apparent sadisim! I humbly recomend we increase his OPTEMPO, so we get more healthy guns pointed at the bad guys.
    And If I'm wrong, well we've eliminated one suspect and all our thwackin arms are opertaionally good to go!
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

11. - Top - End - #371

Hey now, the commander has voiced full approval of my thwacking efforts. That means you suspect the commander of being an alien Symp as well.

Since the commander is obviously not an alien symp, and since he approves of my morale-raising efforts, I'm obviously not an alien symp.

Besides, if I was, Lopez woulda shot me by now.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Retort: The Commander is Human, and like all Humans (such as myself), can be fooled by chicanery.

And you could have used your alien mind-powers or whatever to re-wire Lpez to not shoot you.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

13. - Top - End - #373

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Retort: The Commander is Human, and like all Humans (such as myself), can be fooled by chicanery.

And you could have used your alien mind-powers or whatever to re-wire Lpez to not shoot you.
    Wait...you're accusing HWP Lopez of being vulnerable to filthy alien mental powers?

<narrows eyes>

That's defeatist talk. Bad for morale.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Banned

Reporting on our classified project:
    Spoiler
    Show
    During the work on Lopez Jr, I mean Project Enforcer, some of our science staff came up with an interesting option. The machine will be more efficient if we control it using an extracted human brain. Despite permanently existing in agony and rage, it will be easy to control due to restraining measures, which totally are not a bunch of nuts and bolts and a handshake zapper I bought in a slapstick accessories shop. Our initial reports suggest that the best man for the job of having his brain sacrificed for the project's greater good is anyone who shares anti-nerd sentiments Lord Herman. Shall we pursue this option?

Also, now that we have two bases, I have an idea. If we transfer personnel so that it is in transit on new month's eve, they won't be able to pick up their paychecks and will not receive their salary for the month. That should help us save on expenses. This only works with engineers and soldiers - scientists insist on electronic transactions.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-07-08 at 07:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
    —Scary Door Announcer: Futurama: Bender's Game

Clearly this means we should research DINOSAURS.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait...you're accusing HWP Lopez of being vulnerable to filthy alien mental powers?

<narrows eyes>

That's defeatist talk. Bad for morale.
    Dooooon't try to change the subject, you dirty Alein Symph!
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

17. - Top - End - #377
    Colossus in the Playground

Clearly, the one accusing others is the alien symp. That means all of you except me!
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #378

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Clearly, the one accusing others is the alien symp. That means all of you except me!
    Nah, I'm not accusing anyone, I'm just raising morale.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Colossus in the Playground

But isn't that exactly what a symph would do? Raise morale to the point where we become careless, so that we make mistakes?

Hah! I'm on to you, traitor.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

20. - Top - End - #380

If you make careless mistakes, you're clearly not X-Com material.

Our mistakes are all carefully planned in advance. Why else do you think you and Thanatos are still here?

21. - Top - End - #381

Guys! Stop fighting! Fighting wastes time we could use to get Dinosaurs!

Spoiler
    Show
    In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
    —Scary Door Announcer: Futurama: Bender's Game

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

If you make careless mistakes, you're clearly not X-Com material.

Our mistakes are all carefully planned in advance. Why else do you think you and Thanatos are still here?
    Because our Most Holy Emporer the guy at the recruiting office decreed that we, as good Soldiers Newbloods of the Imperium X-com were to purge the Heretic, Xeno and Mutant.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

23. - Top - End - #383

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Because our Most Holy Emporer the guy at the recruiting office decreed that we, as good Soldiers Newbloods of the Imperium X-com were to purge the Heretic, Xeno and Mutant.
    Like I said. carefully planned in advance.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cubey, why are you wasting time with your prototype when you could be making a much more powerful robot that has already been made:

Spoiler
    Show

I have the blueprints and the know-how (read: kidnapped creator) to make that robot, and all the materials needed are already found on Earth.

So why not make it already?
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

25. - Top - End - #385
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Rapture View Post
    So why not make it already?
    Too big to fit into a Skyranger.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    Also, now that we have two bases, I have an idea. If we transfer personnel so that it is in transit on new month's eve, they won't be able to pick up their paychecks and will not receive their salary for the month. That should help us save on expenses. This only works with engineers and soldiers - scientists insist on electronic transactions.
    The game's on easy, there's (some) savescumming, and we have psionics and a navigator before the fifteenth UFO shows up. He shouldn't need to pile the salary/transfer exploit on top of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    Too big to fit into a Skyranger.
    Alright, I'll come up with a prototype so that it can fit. And I didn't know that Gundams could fit into Skyrangers as well. Or needed brains.
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

28. - Top - End - #388

Sir, may you please post my stats, sir! I want to see if it's possible to shoot Alex in the head from across the ocean!

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    Sir, may you please post my stats, sir! I want to see if it's possible to shoot Alex in the head from across the ocean!
    No.

You've got fifty time units, 55 stamina, 30 health, a pitiful ten bravery, 47 reactions, 29 strength...

On the upside, you've got an accuracy of 69. As a rookie.

30. - Top - End - #390

Out of Character: Ya, I was noticing the fact that insults headed towards me by people who aren't chiasaur were getting less witty is time went on (with exceptions). Like looking away due to my gross incompetence. I'm kinda the best shot on the team. And I know they're not personal assaults. But keep it witty, that's all I ask. Oh, and while Alex beating people with me I did find humorous, in character you might one day be surprised to find I dislike being used as a club, and that I'm kept in a room full of deadly, easily concealable weapons for most of my life.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show