New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Banned

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Listen everyone, the biology division (I don't hang with them often, they don't like giant robots) released a short memo.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE MIND CONTROL
    If one of your friends acts in unusual ways, they might be mind controlled by the alien scum! List of symptoms include:
    -Absent gaze
    -Slobbering, wide open mouth
    -Unresponsiveness
    -Sluggish or jerking, automatic movements
    -Tendency to shoot you on sight
    -General dislike for the science personnel *written in a different style* OR TENGU
    In other words, these symptoms are nigh impossible to distinguish from waking up early in the morning without coffee. Or being Copper. If you suspect anyone of being mind controlled, let your superior officer know immediately! If you haven't been shot dead yet.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-07-12 at 07:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    Listen everyone, the biology division (I don't hang with them often, they don't like giant robots) released a short memo.

If one of your friends acts in unusual ways, they might be mind controlled by the alien scum! List of symptoms include:
    -Absent gaze
    -Unresponsiveness
    -General dislike for the science personnel *written in a different style* OR TENGU
    In other words, these symptoms are nigh impossible to distinguish from waking up early in the morning without coffee. Or being Copper. If you suspect anyone of being mind controlled, let your superior officer know immediately! If you haven't been shot dead yet.
    Good advice for us all.

Also: Tengu:

I'm feeling the strangest urge to give you a "Promotion". Also, some new "job benefits".

Now you get a free toothbrush. Sadly, we just have one, so you'll have to use if for both the standard purposes and your exciting expanded job activities.

That's right! Now you get to clean out the toilets with a toothbrush. I know you're excited.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

It's not that I brush my teeth anyway...

Yes, I am excited. Very excited. So excited that I can't help but think that someone is going to leap out and steal my new job from my hands the moment we finish this conversation and I go to slack off fulfill my duties.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

All this talk of Tengu mind controlling people makes me glad that I've been wearing a lead lined hat since slourble glorble glob.
    *falls over and get's dragged to the Medbay for lead poisoning*
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-07-12 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

5. - Top - End - #575
    Troll in the Playground

Considering the regular questions about the status of so far unused recruits, I think something like a fodder index in the first post - listing name, status (not created, alive, dead), location and rank - could be helpful.
    And most likely save a lot of time in the long run.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

I'll do that after the next mission.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

I would further like to note that this was indeed Tengu Temp's idea, who was just nice enough to let me make the suggestion to help a rookie.

Such a great guy, that Tengu Temp.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well Commander, I was in the neighborhood and I got to thinkin' about all those letters mah cousin Copper sends me all the time about how fun it is bein' in X-Com! So I saw yer 'lil buildin' thur, and I got to figurin'; "well gosh darn! I know I played that thur Starcraft game for, gee, must be 'round six hunnert hours now, and I do lurve shootin' me some aliens!" So I reckon I'd just stop on by and see if'n I could land myself a position on board as a valued and indispensable teammate.

(Translation: I find you and this thread hilarious. Sign me up for whatever (if you like), and damnit you're gonna make me spend money for the game on Steam.)

9. - Top - End - #579
    Bugbear in the Playground

-Absent gaze
    -Unresponsiveness
    So you're giving us free reign to shoot anybody who we think is being lazy?

*puts on commissar outfit and hat he's been saving for so long*
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Well Commander, I was in the neighborhood and I got to thinkin' about all those letters mah cousin Copper sends me all the time about how fun it is bein' in X-Com! So I saw yer 'lil buildin' thur, and I got to figurin'; "well gosh darn! I know I played that thur Starcraft game for, gee, must be 'round six hunnert hours now, and I do lurve shootin' me some aliens!" So I reckon I'd just stop on by and see if'n I could land myself a position on board as a valued and indispensable teammate.

(Translation: I find you and this thread hilarious. Sign me up for whatever (if you like), and damnit you're gonna make me spend money for the game on Steam.)
    You know, if you don't want to be a Grunt (because of the backlog of cannon fodder) you could sign on for some other role, like a pilot so you still get into the reports.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #581

Which I would be totally fine with.

Disclaimer: Not actually Copper's cousin.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Rapture View Post
    So you're giving us free reign to shoot anybody who we think is being lazy?

*puts on commissar outfit and hat he's been saving for so long*
    No. Just let your superiors know. And if the lazy one is a scientist, high chances are you are actually being mind controlled instead. In that case, you can make an exception - feel free to shoot yourself.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    You know, if you don't want to be a Grunt (because of the backlog of cannon fodder) you could sign on for some other role, like a pilot so you still get into the reports.
    We could use a new pilot.

I mean, every base needs an interceptor, and we're well on out way to some pretty good gear...

14. - Top - End - #584

No. Just let your superiors know. And if the lazy one is a scientist, high chances are you are actually being mind controlled instead. In that case, you can make an exception - feel free to shoot yourself.
    ...By the glory and honor of the God Emperor of Mankind X-COM, I'll be watching you.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585

We could use a new pilot.

I mean, every base needs an interceptor, and we're well on out way to some pretty good gear...

Well, I can't promise that I'll be any good at it, but I saw like half of a Star Wars movie once. That's like training, right?
    Last edited by Nano; 2009-07-12 at 08:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Also, Power Suits are just the milestone. What I aim for is... to make them FLY!

Why? For distinct tactical advantages, some might say. To make them lighter and easier to transport, that's what others believe. But these answers do not satisfy me. I do it... FOR SCIENCE!

And because it's awesome.
    Not to mention that if everybody wears a flying suit, and turns it on and floats inside the skyranger on the way to a mission, the saved weight means we can bring more guns, ammo, and sammiches!
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    Not to mention that if everybody wears a flying suit, and turns it on and floats inside the skyranger on the way to a mission, the saved weight means we can bring more guns, ammo, and sammiches!
    Not to mention, the damn Chrysallids won't be able to get us anymore. NO MORE ZOMBIES, **** YEAH!

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #588
    Firbolg in the Playground

And not even that. you can even be a medi-kit, just like me!

no, you're not hearing it wrong. not a medical personel. a medi-kit.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Behold
    X-Comic #1
    There's something about Tengu
    Spoiler
    Show

[/Center]

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Not to mention, the damn Chrysallids won't be able to get us anymore. NO MORE ZOMBIES, **** YEAH!
    Well, they would still be zeds on terror missions.
    And if you weren't careful, on base assaults.
    And in the interior of spaceships.
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2009-07-12 at 09:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #591

.......yes.
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592

Technically, a ghost inhabiting a medi-kit, but you get the idea.

Personally, I'm just a guy who's paid to sit on his butt to make remarks for 20K per month.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Technically, a ghost inhabiting a medi-kit, but you get the idea.

Personally, I'm just a guy who's paid to sit on his butt to make remarks for 20K per month.
    It's a growth industry!

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Behold
    X-Comic #1
    There's something about Tengu
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm trying to think of a witty response to how awesome that is but I'
    m failing miserably.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Firbolg in the Playground

I guess we're lucky that our leader got the second strongest psi power right?

And tengu will be too lazy to do something that took more time than dominating the cafetaria.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    I guess we're lucky that our leader got the second strongest psi power right?
    And, according to Chumbley, a stubbernness so determined, even the most powerful psychic gives up in a couple of hours. Some even commit suicide in realization of the futility of it all!

27. - Top - End - #597

Guys, is there any easy way to tell if you're being mind-controlled or just really, really high off all the weed you've been smoking? 'Cuz, I think I'm one of those two things.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    Guys, is there any easy way to tell if you're being mind-controlled or just really, really high off all the weed you've been smoking? 'Cuz, I think I'm one of those two things.
    Probably mind control.

The only weeds at X-Com bases are toxic, so if you were smoking them, you'd be dead.

And it would serve you right, hippy.

29. - Top - End - #599

Sir, requesting permission to execute Pie Guy, sir!

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    And tengu will be too lazy to do something that took more time than dominating the cafetaria.
    Not the cafeteria!