New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Keep 'em coming!

Ooh, can I haunt a laser tank?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

At the way the research progresses, at least on topics that Cubey finds interesting, you might even have a plasma tank to haunt. And trust me when I say that these things are very awesome.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Keep 'em coming!

Ooh, can I haunt a laser tank?
    Only if you change your name to Church?
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

4. - Top - End - #994
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    I picture something like this:

1-Rookies get out
    2-Rookies start geting slaughtered
    3-SQUAD BROKEN!
    4-Alex Knight beats the poor smuck who started to panic.
    5-Remaining X-Com forces instantly rally and go back on the fray.

Repeat steps 2-5 as much as needed.
    Nah, after the second time I'm gonna get disgusted, thump them all unconcious, and then go beat down the aliens. It's not like they'll be harder to beat up than a Chryssalid.

5. - Top - End - #995

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    Oh. Joy.

Oh really now character limit? You ruined the irony I had! Well you know what? Screw you!

Yes. Joy! But fear not, I will not send you running into the UFO with a primed alien grenade and wait for the explosion. That takes all the fun out of it.

Here's a stunstick. There's a Muton. Go to it!

6. - Top - End - #996

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Knight View Post
    Nah, after the second time I'm gonna get disgusted, thump them all unconcious, and then go beat down the aliens. It's not like they'll be harder to beat up than a Chryssalid.
    People won't buy dead aliens if all it's left of them are bloody blobs of non-identifiable flesh!

7. - Top - End - #997

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    People won't buy dead aliens if all it's left of them are bloody blobs of non-identifiable flesh!

You underestimate hot dog vendors.

8. - Top - End - #998

Finally! I get to shoot things!

And now I'm a sergeant! Finally, I get to boss people around now!

Be warned! Field executions for cowardice will be coming up soon, if my superiors allow me!
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You underestimate hot dog vendors.
    More like, you underestimate X-Com Cafeteria Staff.

When we "Sell" Alien corpses, the first few we sell to biotech labs or universities or weird rich collectors, but after that we just send 'em to the freezer. All the money we earn is just savings.

That said, I noticed it's Reaperburgers tommorow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    More like, you underestimate X-Com Cafeteria Staff.

When we "Sell" Alien corpses, the first few we sell to biotech labs or universities or weird rich collectors, but after that we just send 'em to the freezer. All the money we earn is just savings.

That said, I noticed it's Reaperburgers tommorow!
    Ah, Reaperburgers.

BRC, you are aware that, as a Sargent, you can eat probably not poisonous food in the officer's mess?

Of course, we do still serve Reaperburgers. Those things are good.

Edit: Wow. 1000 posts. And here I thought I'd stop before the Floaters showed.
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2009-07-22 at 08:24 PM.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

11. - Top - End - #1001

BRC, you are aware that, as a Sargent, you can eat not probably poisonous food in the officer's mess?
    Defenitly not poisonous, I cooked it!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1002

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Rapture View Post
    Finally! I get to shoot things!

And now I'm a sergeant! Finally, I get to boss people around now!

Be warned! Field executions for cowardice will be coming up soon, if my superiors allow me!
    Since I'm your superior office, nobody's going to stay conscious long enough to be confirmed as a coward.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ah, Reaperburgers.

BRC, you are aware that, as a Sargent, you can eat probably not poisonous food in the officer's mess?

Of course, we do still serve Reaperburgers. Those things are good.

Edit: Wow. 1000 posts. And here I thought I'd stop before the Floaters showed.
    Of course I am. I always get my food from the officers mess, but I take it to the enlisted Cafeteria in order to show solidarity with the working (and researching, and fighting) classes.
    Yup, nothing shows Solidarity more than eating some thinly sliced roast Muton on a bed of Rice and Fried Chyrrissalid's garnished with Rosemary, prepared by the best chefs available to X-Com. While, right next to me, people are choking down "Sure It's Sectoid" Stew made by Greasy Steve and whoever is on Kitchen Duty this week. fried up on top of an overheating Laser Cannon.

Ah Yes, Solidarity.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Halfling in the Playground

"Knight! You are now given command of Fort Fri, AKA X-COM USA."
    "Fort Fri: Beatings will continue until morale improves"
    No, I swear this is how long it takes to make a laser cannon.
    Disregard the coffee it actually helps productivity in the long run.
    Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.

Routine productivity inspections have gotten a lot more frequent and a lot more painful during the last few days.
    Apparently Knight doesn't take well to any form of boredom.
    Now what was that last request for the synthesizer (how do you think we get the coffee without ever leaving the workbench ), spice?

15. - Top - End - #1005

If you need me, I'll be wherever knoght isn't.

16. - Top - End - #1006

Of course I am. I always get my food from the officers mess, but I take it to the enlisted Cafeteria in order to show solidarity with the working (and researching, and fighting) classes.
    Yup, nothing shows Solidarity more than eating some thinly sliced roast Muton on a bed of Rice and Fried Chyrrissalid's garnished with Rosemary, prepared by the best chefs available to X-Com. While, right next to me, people are choking down "Sure It's Sectoid" Stew made by Greasy Steve and whoever is on Kitchen Duty this week. fried up on top of an overheating Laser Cannon.

Ah Yes, Solidarity.

*scrapes the bottom of the NCO pot as a topping on your food* Hmph.
    *has a catnap in the supply closet*
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Ah Yes, Solidarity.
    Of course, the captains get to have Kobe beef recovered from harvesters.

And I would be careful with the Chryssalids. It can lead to food poisoning if it's improperly prepared.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Of course, the captains get to have Kobe beef recovered from harvesters.

And I would be careful with the Chryssalids. It can lead to food poisoning if it's improperly prepared.
    Yeah, it's an acquired taste, but I like them.

Working on an X-Comic.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

I'm still safe on the sidelines? Awesome.

20. - Top - End - #1010

"Hey, where's Jimor's stash of booze?"

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    "Hey, where's Jimor's stash of booze?"
    Everywhere...
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #1012

Since I'm your superior office, nobody's going to stay conscious long enough to be confirmed as a coward.
    Awww...

Can't I play commissar for once?

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Awww...

Can't I play commissar for once?
    Alex could use an assistant Rookie Beater.
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #1014

Can a stun gun do? Can't we research Small Launchers so I can shoot anyone who flees in the face of cowardice without killing them?

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Can a stun gun do? Can't we research Small Launchers so I can shoot anyone who flees in the face of cowardice without killing them?
    We got those.

It's why the lab currently hates me. Hey, it said they were explosive on the labels!

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

X-Comic #6
    Different Arrangements
    Spoiler
    Show

[/Center]

27. - Top - End - #1017

We got those.

It's why the lab currently hates me. Hey, it said they were explosive on the labels!
    ...How did you read those labels?

I want answers. Now.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

...How did you read those labels?

I want answers. Now.
    I have Chumbley do it. He said he'd need more time to be sure, but time isn't on our side.

I was elected to LEAD, not to READ.

Well, I wasn't elected, per se.

29. - Top - End - #1019

If you can't read, you aren't fit to lead. *prepares to be pelted with tomatoes*

So what do Small Launchers have to do with the scientists' hatred of you?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

If you can't read, you aren't fit to lead. *prepares to be pelted with tomatoes*

So what do Small Launchers have to do with the scientists' hatred of you?
    I gave them to Cubey as a payment for the Firestorm project.

We thought they were awesome and explodey. When he found they weren't...