New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1468
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin View Post
    It sounds familiar, but I don't know from where.
    Ramones.

It's from "Too Tough to Die".

As the lines mentioned fit the scene pretty well, I felt it would work as a hint to the epilogue while still fulfilling descriptive and referential purposes.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Outstanding. Simply outstanding. +1.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

*clap clap*
    That was a fun read. Thanks, brave men (and women) of X-Com.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"
    __
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Ceika

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Colossus in the Playground

Great. Simply great.

So, what happened to my namesake? Did he continue to live his normal human live?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Great. Simply great.

So, what happened to my namesake? Did he continue to live his normal human live?
    Must have missed that in the epilogue.

Fixed.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Troll in the Playground

Outstanding. I think. I don't actually know, since that was the first Let's Play! I ever followed (and sometimes participated in).

Point is, that was great.

Honorary mention to BRC for the X-Comics, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Eventually.

I was planning to do Baldur's Gate, but I can't make it accept a custom portrait without a 1395 error.
    There are some funny things about the portraits which I never figured out. But it usually works when you just take one of the original portraits or one from a mod and copy-paste whatever you want in it (then merge the layers if your image-editing software created a new one) and save the result as a new file.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    Outstanding. I think. I don't actually know, since that was the first Let's Play! I ever followed (and sometimes participated in).

Point is, that was great.

Honorary mention to BRC for the X-Comics, by the way.

There are some funny things about the portraits which I never figured out. But it usually works when you just take one of the original portraits or one from a mod and copy-paste whatever you want in it (then merge the layers if your image-editing software created a new one) and save the result as a new file.
    Thanks.

Oddly, I couldn't find the files for the original portraits, despite looking.

What sub directory are they in, anyway?

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And thus ends the period that historians will know as the Awesome Age. I hope everybody liked the X-Comics as much as I liked making them. Congrats to Chia for a Lets Play of truly epic proportions. Sombody should collect all the log entries and preserve them for posterity. If you want to do the same with my X-Comics, that would be awesome.

As for the Aliens, I am disappointed that they failed to accept the glorious society I offered them, they'll come around eventually I'm sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. Awesome. I, despite being the unimportant and redshirt-y guy who never did anything, not only survived but also got a few lines.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Halfling in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Greatest LP I've ever read (only LP I've ever read, but that doesn't matter).
    Outstanding job Chia! (yes I finally figured out who it was *duh*).
    Really amazing.
    Also I think the X-comics should definitely be preserved alongside this.

I can't express how great this is in words.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment.

11. - Top - End - #1421

I quite like me fate. I didn't die.

We only have 2 more pages before this closes though. I hope whichever mod closes it reads it at least.

If we want this archived at the Let's Play Archive I'm not sure if we can do that, as they seem to only record Let's Plays from Something Awful. However, they do give an email address to submit questions to under the FAQ. The also give an account to PM if you have a platinum account there, so if someone does, please ask if they can archive this one, assuming this is to Chia's liking.

TV Tropes doesn't seem to show that there's another archive in existence, but we could always but the link there and see what comes of it.

We could make our own archive as well, or try to find another one.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Bugbear in the Playground

We could have it catagorized as a landmark so that the government will pay to keep the servers running, and we won't need another purge.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks.

Oddly, I couldn't find the files for the original portraits, despite looking.

What sub directory are they in, anyway?
    Uh...no idea. They may not even be in an accessible folder in BG1, come to think of it. I don't really know, since I don't have it installed - or rather, only as part of the trilogy mod.

Anyway, I'd just download a mod and edit one of the portraits that come with it. Like this one. Save it in the same format and everything should work.

14. - Top - End - #1424

Man, I go to sleep, and when I wake up, I realize I missed the most epic moments of this Lets Play.

Sorry chiasaur for getting you killed. I promise I'll make it up in the Terror from the deep thread. I'll stop making fun of you from making Gauss weapons from now on.

God, I love these Let's Play threads.
    Kyonko avatar by Elder Tsofu. Revere them.

Spoiler
    Show

JAM Project + Okkusenman = PURE UNDILUTED AWESOME

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

*Removes hat*

*Gives standing ovation*
    Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #1426

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    TV Tropes doesn't seem to show that there's another archive in existence, but we could always but the link there and see what comes of it.

We could make our own archive as well, or try to find another one.
    And we could craftily slip the names and events into the various Trope entries. >.>
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

17. - Top - End - #1427

I want to see a page for this specific Let's Play within 2 hours, folks!
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    And we could craftily slip the names and events into the various Trope entries. >.>
    Which would doubtless be more amusing than 90% of the examples on TV tropes. Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

19. - Top - End - #1429

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Which would doubtless be more amusing than 90% of the examples on TV tropes. Do it.
    Under the Redshirt trope, we could stick X-COM Troopers, tanks, Interceptors, and Sectoids. Copper would be one of those Mauve Shirts, the redshirts that survive long enough to get a little bit of background.

Knight goes into Badassery, Rule of Cool, and anything else that vaguely resembles your average human being paragon of humanity ripping an armoured deathclawed alien doombeast in half.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Now I had to reread the latest updates with Knights of Cydonia on the backround, just because it was so obvious.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Barbarian in the Playground

Whoa whoa whoa, I was too good at not dying to be close to redshift material!

That said... Oh my god. This LP... was probably one of the best......... THINGS to ever exist. Chia, you are without doubt, THE man. I'm honored my name exists in this thread. This has been great in every way. I have to stop typing stuff like that before I go on forever about the levels of epic that have been reached here?

That said, in the final, non-epilogue post, what happened there when you said my name and there was laser fire? Did I kill xeno scum? Or was the fire from something else?
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm pretty sure it was one of those last wishes/regrets moments Copper.
    ;)
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

None at the moment.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, I was too good at not dying to be close to redshift material!

That said... Oh my god. This LP... was probably one of the best......... THINGS to ever exist. Chia, you are without doubt, THE man. I'm honored my name exists in this thread. This has been great in every way. I have to stop typing stuff like that before I go on forever about the levels of epic that have been reached here?

That said, in the final, non-epilogue post, what happened there when you said my name and there was laser fire? Did I kill xeno scum? Or was the fire from something else?
    I'm pretty sure he ordered someone to shoot you.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gralamin View Post
    I'm pretty sure he ordered someone to shoot you.
    Not that it did any good.

Note: I did have Trazoi fire a round of laser autoshot into Copper's chest. It didn't do anything. Figured if the RNG was feeling generous, I should let it have some fun.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Man we need to get this stickied as an example of what Let's Play threads should be. Well I'm a little sad I couldn't serve a more valuable role in this but it was fun to read. Maybe they'll make a subforum for completed let's plays so they can archive them and not clutter up the first page with completed let's play threads.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

::Raises a toast (naturally) to Chia, BRC, and everybody else who contributed flavor text, or even just encouragement to this Epic LP::

CHEERS!
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Banned

And so does the epic thread end. It was a beautiful journey - except for all the dying in plasma fire, civilian massacres, stuff like that.

And now I can finally work on my beloved projects as a free scientist, and not X-Com's lapdog. Good riddance. I won't miss even my ludicrous monthly pay - I made sure that 10 plasma rifles "accidentally" disappeared when I left. That should make some nice cash on the weapon market. The buyers won't be amused when they discover that unlike laser, these require ammo. But I don't care - they can direct their constructive criticism towards the first prototype two legged HWP, Lopez Jr.

And I hope not to get dragged into another alien war 40 years later. Fortunately, chances are slim for that. Really, what are the odds?

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    And I hope not to get dragged into another alien war 40 years later. Fortunately, chances are slim for that. Really, what are the odds?
    Impossible. Particularly since the only aliens who would ever bother us are out in space. I mean, really. Where else would aliens be? In the ocean? Ludicrous!

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Banned

Well played. That's the most absurd idea I've heard all day.

"An aquatic sectoid? Have at you - I'm harpooning you down!"
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-08-01 at 05:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1440

And there's no possible way I would cryogenically freeze myself to stay and young and spry as I am now, in such a ridiculous event.

Hey look, a walk-in freezer...
    Spoiler
    Show