New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

(What made your gun useless, I think I'm missing something)

Sir, if you would just unlock the storeroom door and let me out occasionally, I swear I would make less mistakes like that. Please?
    My last breath... ...is also my mintiest...

Avatar credit goes to a strictly platonic friend.

Former Avatar credit goes to Howl.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hey, everybody else has started a let's play and abandoned it. Lets Play X-Com!

Quote Originally Posted by Copper8642 View Post
    (What made your gun useless, I think I'm missing something)

Sir, if you would just unlock the storeroom door and let me out occasionally, I swear I would make less mistakes like that. Please?
    You should know, what with giving me Heavy Plasma before the staff knew how they worked. And somehow LOADING it. Which, once again, we don't know how to do.

(Tomorrow's update's gonna be a general state of X-Com bit. No real action.)
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

You captured a sectoid squad leader? Kickass. Psionics, here we come!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
    You captured a sectoid squad leader? Kickass. Psionics, here we come!
    Yes. Still, we're gonna try to catch a grunt first. The leader should reveal more if he can see what we're going to do before we do it.

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Banned

Sure, after all there is no expiration date on captured aliens as they're held in "luxurious" accomodations of the Alien Containment. The 10 prisoners/facility limit is not a rule, more of a... vague hint.
    My containment was so full of aliens once, the scientists couldn't open the doors without prisoners flooding out like trash from an overstocked cartoon wardrobe. That wasn't pretty. But it sure was fun!
    Last edited by Cubey; 2009-07-02 at 04:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

i herd u guys had lazers.

Signing up as a red shirt. May my body feed the daisies of FREEDOM!

7. - Top - End - #157

<.< Did I die? I can't tell.

This is harder than telling if Jet died in Avatar.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post

You're not dead. Nobody died in the base raid due to save scumming.

In fact, you're the only redshirt from the first batch still alive.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post

Zing.

Hey, is there some sort of waiting list to have a red shirt named in your honor? If not, I'll make one. No, I don't have anything better to do, thanks.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Butterfly View Post
    Zing.

Hey, is there some sort of waiting list to have a red shirt named in your honor? If not, I'll make one. No, I don't have anything better to do, thanks.
    I have a wordpad doc. It includes up to date casualty listings.

11. - Top - End - #161

Sweet, I'm still alive!

Its because I'm genre savvy!

...unless I'm wrong genre savvy...
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I see in the screenshots featuring me that I'm not even on the screen. I approve of your tactics. The best way to fight alien scum is from very far away.

13. - Top - End - #163

Hah! I done captured me an alien the good X-com way! By beating it upside the head till it fell down. Cooper tried to tell me that I should turn the stun stick on, but I said I don't swing that way!

14. - Top - End - #164

2 p's, 1 o.

'tis Copper, not Cooper. And put that damn thing away if you won't use it properly, and get out of the storeroom. You know how Chia gets if he finds out I've been associating with other team members.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

2 p's, 1 o.

'tis Copper, not Cooper. And put that damn thing away if you won't use it properly, and get out of the storeroom. You know how Chia gets if he finds out I've been associating with other team members.
    Now, that's not true.

I always allow for them to enter the room to administer beatings! Good for morale.

16. - Top - End - #166

Hah! no true brave heroic X-Com soldier has time to worry about such namby-pamby things like spelling when there's aliens to beat up!

And I did *so* use it properly. Th' alien got knocked out, didn't he?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

As resident tactical officer I have to adamantly advise against this course of action. Beating up the alien with a non-powered stun rod is an unnecessarily risky action I can in no way condone.

I mean, who knows when and what for we might need that metal stick, and what are we going to do if you break it? Beating the alien over the head with a fellow squad member is far less demanding on the X-Com resources (hardware is precious, redshirts are easy to come buy).
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Does that mean you're volunteering?
    Last edited by Redpieper; 2009-07-03 at 08:08 AM.
    "Did we send the "don't shoot we're pathetic" message yet?" - John Crichton

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    As resident tactical officer I have to adamantly advise against this course of action. Beating up the alien with a non-powered stun rod is an unnecessarily risky action I can in no way condone.

I mean, who knows when and what for we might need that metal stick, and what are we going to do if you break it? Beating the alien over the head with a fellow squad member is far less demanding on the X-Com resources (hardware is precious, redshirts are easy to come buy).
    resident dead tactical officer

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Redpieper View Post
    Does that mean you're volunteering?
    Obviously, the same optimization of our resource use requires the tactical officer to remain safe and comfy in some distant villa with swimming pool and free cocktail supply.

Quote Originally Posted by That_other_guy View Post
    resident dead tactical officer
    I prefer the term "indefinitely released from frontline duty".
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Meet the troops. Don't get too attached.

Well, after the base invasion, the standard spacecraft shooting was put on hold for a bit. We needed to make sure time didn't get messed up too much.

The sudden appearance of the skyranger full of troops I'd requisitioned WEEKS AGO provided both a control group and a subject (other than Copper, who'd locked the storeroom and thus was currently unavailable) for venting frustration.

After a thorough grilling, it seemed the timeline was mostly intact. Sure, now Buddy Holly never died, and for some reason Plato lived for like 700 years, but the important things were still the same. Namely, people were still paying me to kill things and provide tools to let others do the same. After those eight had left (and been shocked by my wall o' Brisco County Jr DVDs, which apparently now are more precious than gold now. Saving those for retirement.) I checked the delivery vehicle for other loot and noticed the ninth man, David Davies. As it turned out, he's union. This seemed to mean he didn't have to do anything. I approved of this. Any man who could avoid work more thoroughly than me, while in theory drawing the same salary, deserved my respect.

I decided that Lopez could manage the rookies for now and went to check on the R&D boys. Apparently, they were working on Medkits still, a noble endeavor, and vital if X-COM ever needs to position itself as a humanitarian institution. On the other hand, it doesn't directly kill anything. I decided then and there to have them begin interrogating the leader. Despite its (rather pathetic) pleading, I decided on the most extreme technique we had. I tossed it into the storeroom with Copper. I almost pity it.

The morgue was the next stop. Saying hello to Fri's ghost as I passed, I checked up on the corpse collection. Although keeping every single one wasn't feasible, one of each sort seemed reasonable enough. Of course, tht did lead to keeping X-Com bodies on site, and I forget why I had Copper bring back the civvie corpse. Oh, right. He didn't want to.

Eldan's cubby was looking a tad odd though. Corpse had some "Unusual" features. Also, it seemed to be moving now. I immediately left the room. They laughed when I got that zombie survival kit. They all laughed, but now who's going to be the one safely locked up with a wide assortment of assault weapons? Me.

Right. Also Copper. %(*#.

As I came back into the room with the shotgun I'd got for this exact purpose (well, this and quoting Cpl. Hicks when shooting aliens in the mouth), I saw tentacles leaving the corpse, and retracting into an attractive blonde woman in an X-Com jumpsuit. Obviously, the zombies had figured out hologram technology. This was a very bad thing. Then an oddly familiar voice spoke

"Hello Commander! Look! I am a perfectly ordinary human, as always! I have recovered from my ordinary human near death experience! The changes in external form are the result of recovery from a bad cold. Us Humans always look different when suffering from a cold1"

And this is why I hate unique alien infiltration units. They always find a way to come back. Well, next time we're detonating Eldan's corpse.

Well, today could have gone better. Alien invasion of X-Com bases, freakish alien mutation, history revised so that all copies of my favorite Bruce Campbell western have disappeared, and Copper is still alive, and in fact the most likely of all of the non me, non Lopez inhabitants of base to survival a zombie invasion.

On the upside, I have an alien leader to kick around. That should relieve some stress.
    Last edited by chiasaur11; 2009-07-07 at 04:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

You have Jimor twice.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Time fluctuations.

Can't be helped.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground

You also mispelled my name. :angry:

Although, if that is just the set up so you can keep creating redshirts who carry similar names, I am perfectly fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    You also mispelled my name. :angry:

Although, if that is just the set up so you can keep creating redshirts who carry similar names, I am perfectly fine with it.
    As I said, it's one of the innumerable results of ripping history into tiny bits.

Be happy you don't have an eyepatch.

26. - Top - End - #176

"Soo.... uhhh.... you come around here often? Hey... uh, hey, don't touch th-PUT IT DOWN!"

*Takes the autocannon out of the alien's hands.*

"Now, we're not going to be fighting in here right n-HEY!"

*Picks up and throws a Laser Rifle that the alien was reaching for.*

"What did I just say? Now, we can do this civilly, or you can make it tough. Your choice."

*Spends the next few hours treating the alien like a small child while it tries to kill him before just knocking the alien out and making up some information to tell Chiasaur.*

"Uh... sir... the aliens... they're here for....... Vegas. Yeah, that's it. They... uhhh, they want... Blackjack. They're here to steal Blackjack from us. And... wrenches. They need our wrenches too, so they're pillaging the world to find wrenches. Yep. He told me himself. Sooooo...... can I come out now?"

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

"Soo.... uhhh.... you come around here often? Hey... uh, hey, don't touch th-PUT IT DOWN!"

*Takes the autocannon out of the alien's hands.*

"Now, we're not going to be fighting in here right n-HEY!"

*Picks up and throws a Laser Rifle that the alien was reaching for.*

"What did I just say? Now, we can do this civilly, or you can make it tough. Your choice."

*Spends the next few hours treating the alien like a small child while it tries to kill him before just knocking the alien out and making up some information to tell Chiasaur.*

"Uh... sir... the aliens... they're here for....... Vegas. Yeah, that's it. They... uhhh, they want... Blackjack. They're here to steal Blackjack from us. And... wrenches. They need our wrenches too, so they're pillaging the world to find wrenches. Yep. He told me himself. Sooooo...... can I come out now?"
    Come up with a way to save a million or so a month and maybe we'll talk.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Replace the Skyranger with an Avenger and one of the Interceptors with either a Firestorm or a second Avenger. There, more than a million saved.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Replace the Skyranger with an Avenger and one of the Interceptors with either a Firestorm or a second Avenger. There, more than a million saved.
    Costs Elerium.

In case you didn't notice, we kinda don't have any of that.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    Costs Elerium.

In case you didn't notice, we kinda don't have any of that.
    Details, excuses, since when do we pay attention to such things?
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll