Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Gravepact Campaign

I'm starting a new D&D Campaign (And a CoC one, but we'll cross that bridge another day). The first session might be today. It'll be held in a dark world, so these classes are present:

House Selwyn

Paladin
    Cleric
    Duskblade
    Archivist
    Knight

House Dorous

Dread Necromancer
    Beguiler
    Dragonicist (A Thirty-Level Class of My own design)
    Dragon Shaman (Dragons are very important in this world)
    Duskblade
    Fighter

House Narma
    Ranger
    Barbarian
    Druid
    Sorcerer

Playable Races

House Selwyn

PHB Races
    Minotaur
    Orus Goblins (Good, Explanation Later)
    Azurin
    Rilmani
    Goliath

House Dourus

PHB Races
    Half-Dragon
    Kobold (Good)
    Dragonborn
    Pseudodragon
    Duskling
    Drow (Rejects)

House Narma

PHB Races
    Centaur
    Catfolk
    Mongrelfolk
    Killoren
    Gnoll

Now here's how my campaign works (For starters. I won't get into the thick of the action yet). magic is rare in all but the Draconic, who are venerated as gods. The region is run by the Four houses (Though only three are accesivle for PCs at the moment) Narma, Dourus, Selwyn and Erdal. Those who have magic are descendants of the great dragons (Sorcerers) or True Exemplars of their Might (Clerics). Wizards are shunned as Impostors and Archivists are deemed ''useful''. The Dragons do not watch over people, but will rise to the defence of the town if called upon.

House Selwyn embodies Righteousness, and is Lawful Good Aligned,

House Dorous Embodies the superiority/needs of Dragons and is Chaotic Neutral-Aligned, as well as Death.

House Narma embodies Growth and is True neutral Aligned.

House Erdal is a mystery to most.

The Alignment of house members may vary. House Dourus is secretly helping turn the world into a Palace for the Dragons, where humanoids are slaves, Dragons are Kings, True Dragons (The First Dragons) are gods, and Dragonfolk (Half Dragons, Dragonborn, and, to an extent, Kobolds) are people.

Few members of the organization know of this. The three houses have sent the PCs to slay Dorugm, a dragon in the employ of Dourus. He has had ample time to prepare a defense, and will be waiting... Campaign Log coming soon.

What Do you think? Is it a good campaign Idea? The players are Half Never Played before, Half veterans. I'm Dming. I'll post the campign log URL soon, but there's not much of anything on the site. Yet.

Here Lies the true question:

I need Dragon-Based Gods, Dragon based-classes, Dragon-themed Traps, Templates monsters. Traps and monsters CR 1/3-5.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Gravepact Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by arb514 View Post
    Here Lies the true question:

I need Dragon-Based Gods, Dragon based-classes, Dragon-themed Traps, Templates monsters. Traps and monsters CR 1/3-5.
    I see the Dragon Shaman, yet no Dragonfire Adept. It's another class that could go for House Dorous, and it can oppose Warlocks because of their thematic.

Draconomicon, Races of the Dragon and Dragon Magic has pretty much all dragon-themed prestige classes you can have, and even some prestige classes fit exclusively for dragons. The Miniatures Handbook has the Dragon Samurai, if you feel willing to add it, and one of the Eberron books has the Dragon Prophesier, but that would imply adding the Draconic Prophecy into your world.

As for dragon gods, the usual 10 from several books are your base. Bahamut and Tiamat as opposing deities, Io as the one presiding over all dragons, and the others (Aasterinian, Astilabor, Chronepsis, Falazure, Garyx, Hlal, Lendys and Tamara) for company. Mind's Eye has the rough build for Sardior, god of the gem dragons and a good fit for psionic gods. There's also a solid build for all of his thanes, including the rogue Seradess and her cult. The archives, though pretty old, have a good sense of prestige classes build with psychics and dragons in mind. If you want to expand even more, work Eberron, Siberys and Khyber into your world, and add some assorted Dragonlance material (such as probably disguising the faiths of Bahamut and Tiamat between humans as the cults of Paladine and Takhisis respectively, and also adding the themed PrCs there)

As well, I feel you're missing on adding Sorcerers to House Dorous, given the forced push on sorcery coming from dragons. Make Sorcerers available to other houses if it fits best, but definitely make them available to the dragon house, and work the Draconic Heritage feats upon it.

While it seems that you want to give it a solid go to the feeling of death as part of House Dorous, it feels a bit odd to allow them Dread Necromancer. Not so thematically fitting in my opinion.

Also, I feel a miss at not adding Favored Soul to House Selwyn, and given the thematic feel, adding Psionics to House Narma (although I feel that psionics, incarnum, binding, shadowcasting, truenaming, and martial adepts). You'll need to give hints to the last house to work it effectively.

As for the rest, Draconomicon and Dragon Magic have all the things you may need for a draconic-themed campaign.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd look at the Eberron books anyway, simply because they have so much draconic material.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Right so It's time for the Available Classes Update!

House Selwyn

Paladin
    Cleric
    Duskblade
    Archivist
    Knight
    Favored Soul

House Douros
    Dragonicist (A Thirty-Level Class of My own design)
    Dragon Shaman (Dragons are very important in this world)
    Duskblade
    Fighter
    Sorcerer
    Beguiler

House Narma
    Ranger
    Barbarian
    Druid
    Spirit Shaman
    Totemist
    Sorcerer

House Devus
    Dread Necromancer
    Beguiler
    Shadowcaster
    Binder
    Wizard (Necromancer)
    Rogue

I added a death/darkness-based House. And added some classes to each house as well.
    Last edited by Lord Loss; 2009-07-02 at 09:23 AM.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.