New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Wasteland Survival Challenge: Funded in Part by Nuka-Cola

Have you ever considered that Fallout 3 is simply too easy? That you're not getting the challenge you desire out of a post-apocalyptic society? Do you have an obsessive need to burden yourself with complex and unnecessary restrictions? Incidentally, have you considered working at the IRS?

When you come face-to-face with a Deathclaw, what's the first thing to pop into your head?"

A: DEAR GOD, THE PAIN, THAT IS MY ARM YOU ARE CHEWING ON.
    B: Meh. I've still got ten Mini-Nukes left.
    C: Sweet. Now I can make that Deathclaw Gauntlet.
    If you answered A, B, or C, read on, friend.

We here at the Fallout 3 Survival Challenge come to you with both a contest, and a...challenge!

Being set in a post-apocalyptic world two-hundred years after a globe-shattering nuclear war, Fallout 3 should have some survival aspects in place, if only for roleplaying value...and for added fun, multiple, totally out-of-character, obscene, and ridiculous challenges.

The rules of the challenge are simple: Your character must eat at least four food items each day, consume one drink item each day, and get seven hours of sleep (simulated by waiting, if you have no bed) each day. You may go 7 days without food, 3 days without water, or 5 days without sleep before you fail the challenge. If you fall behind, then at the first opportunity, you need to catch up on what you missed. Occasionally taking a breather from killing things would make sense from an RP perspective but isn't required.

You must also take on three side-challenges from the list below. You are also encouraged (not required) to keep an in-character journal here on this thread for the duration of the challenge. Dying in combat also causes you to fail the challenge. The idea is to survive as long as possible with these arbitrary restrictions.

This challenge is intended to be run on Normal Difficulty, but feel free to run it higher (ya nut), or lower (ya wuss).

You get 1 point for each minor side quest (quests that don't get marked in your log), 2 points for each major side quest (quests that do get marked in your log, each chapter of Wasteland Survival Guide counts as a major quest for this purpose), and 3 for each main quest segment. The secondary challenges add multipliers, allowing you to rack up more points. Whenever you die or beat the game, you tally up your total score, and post it here (we'd also like those journals, but again, not required).

Please note: If a challenge has a definite end, as opposed to being on-going, you must complete it before it will add its multiplier.

Without further ado, Da List.

Spoiler
    Show
    A Space Marine Is (Not) You: You may not wear Power Armor. X2 Multiplier.

Awesome Hat: Wear a Pre-War Hat or Shady Hat for the duration of the game. X2 Multiplier.

Bookworm: Obtain at least one of every skill book. X2 Multiplier.

CH-CHLK: Use only Shotguns (of any type) as soon as it's possible to obtain them. X2 Multiplier.

Dead-Eye: You may only use single-shot weapons, such as 10mm pistols or Combat Shotguns, during combat, even if they are technically weaker than any rapid-fire weapons you may possess. X2 Multiplier.

Executioner: Never let enemies escape during combat. X2 Multiplier.

Geek Athlete: Get Intelligence up to 10, possess at least three copies of Grognak the Barbarian, and get Strength and Endurance up to 7 each. Take the Nerd Rage! perk. X2 Multiplier.

Illiterate: Read no skill books. X2 Multiplier.

Indecisive: Obtain both Very Good and Very Evil Karma. X2 Multiplier.

I'll Pay You Back Later: You must steal items whenever reasonably possible (IE. You're in someone's house and nobody's looking), but you must maintain at least Good Karma. The items must be useful. X2 Multiplier.

METUL BAWKSES: You must take everything you find in metal boxes. This includes boxes owned by others. If you do not have adequate lockpicking skills, you must return when you do. This also includes safes. X2 Multiplier.

Miser: Whenever you make a deal with a merchant, you must walk away with more caps than you originally had. X2 Multiplier.

Moar Dakka: You may only use rapid-fire weapons, such as assault rifles or 10mm SMGs, during combat, even if they are technically weaker than any single-shot weapons you may possess. X2 Multiplier.

No, I Don't Play with Dolls: Collect no Bobbleheads. X2 Multiplier.

Not Compensating for Anything: When Big Guns become available, you may only use Big Guns as weapons, except when you run out of ammunition. X2 Multiplier.

Positively Glowing: You must go through the game with at least moderate radiation sickness at all times. X2 Multiplier.

Rock Out With Your Glock Out: You may only use one-handed ranged weapons. Either Energy Weapons or Small Guns are permitted. X2 Multiplier.

Shoot the Dog: When you encounter Dogmeat, you must kill him. X2 Multiplier.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:
    Find every power plant and relay station. Additionally, you must find the Alien Blaster or Firelance and deliver it to the Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts. It would also be appropriate if your character is male and looks eastern-European. x2

Stay Out of the Heat: Never get any form of radiation sickness. X2 Multiplier.

Technophile: When Energy Weapons become available, you may only use Energy Weapons, except when you run out of ammunition. X2 Multiplier.

That Orphanage Attacked ME: You must wait until you are actually hit at least once in combat before fighting back. Whenever your opponent retreats, like when Raiders are wounded, you must allow them to do so. X2 Multiplier.

True Patriot: You must always tune your radio to Enclave Radio. X2 Multiplier.

Vegetarian: Eat nothing derived from wasteland animals, or meat, for the survival aspect of the challenge. X2 Multiplier.

Basement Dweller: Obtain all copies of Grognak the Barbarian. X3 Multiplier.

Berserker: Whenever you spot or encounter a naturally-hostile NPC or animal, such as Raiders or Radscorpions, you MUST fight them, regardless of your current state of health and your equipment, and cannot use medical supplies like Stimpaks during the fight. X3 Multiplier.

Black and White Morality: You must choose to either strive for Very Good or Very Evil at the beginning of the game, and not stray from either path. Any action contrary to your alignment fails the challenge. X3 Multiplier.

Communist: You may not use any service from merchants or take quests from them. x3 Multiplier.

Dog(meat) the Bounty Hunter: Take both the Lawbringer and Contract Killer perks, and regularly take advantage of both. Maintain neutral karma for most of the game. X3 Multiplier.

Drug Addict: You must take all chems whenever possible, even if it is not beneficial at the moment. X3 Multiplier.

Emancipation Proclamation: Free every slave and captive you come across, while wielding Lincoln's Repeater and wearing Lincoln's Hat if possible. This includes the Super Mutant Behemoth being held at Evergreen Mills. Slaughter the Slavers in Paradise Falls when you obtain both pieces of equipment. X3 Multiplier.

For Chairman Cheng!: Complete the game wearing any version of the Chinese military suit, the Chinese military hat, and only fight with Chinese katanas and Chinese assault rifles, whenever anything is available. X3 Multiplier.

Hard to Kill: Survive 20 attacks by Talon Company hitmen or Regulator posses. X3 Multiplier

Medic: You may not use Stimpaks or any medical supplies during combat. X3 Multiplier.

Monk: Only use Unarmed skill for combat, and the weapons that it governs. X3 Multiplier.

Nathan Explosion: You must only use explosives for weapons except when you have no explosives. This includes grenades and land mines. You must obtain the Experimental MIRV if at all feasible. X3 Multiplier.

Packrat: You must store at least half of the loot you discover in a location you consider secure, and never use it. X3 Multiplier.

Pet the Dog: You must let Dogmeat join you, and keep him alive until the end of 'Take It Back'. If you have Broken Steel, he must survive until the end of 'Who Dares Wins.' X3 Multiplier.

Poke 'Em Inna Eye: Only use Melee Weapons for combat. X3 Multiplier.

Ranger: You may not use Fast Travel. X3 Multiplier.

Robber: Whenever you encounter a wasteland Scavenger, you must take their stuff. Killing them is optional. X3 Multiplier.

Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Hunt down and destroy seven of the Enclave's Wasteland camps after 'The Waters of Life.' Kill any wandering Enclave soldiers you encounter. This takes precedence over other quests you may have. You must destroy President Eden and may not side with the Enclave at any time, including during the events of Broken Steel. X3 Multiplier.

Spy Checker: Wear a Raider Blastmaster Helmet for the duration of the game. Take the Pyromaniac perk. Use only weapons related to fire until you run out of ammunition. X3 Multiplier.

Soylent Green: You must take the Cannibal perk as soon as it becomes available, and you must eat everyone you kill. On top of that, the items Human Meat and Strange Meat must be eaten as a priority over other food items, for the Survival challenge. X3 Multiplier.

Stick It To 'Im: Get Sticky killed by a Super Mutant Behemoth. Alternatively, blow him up with an eight-round barrage from the Experimental MIRV. X3 Multiplier.

Watchman: Obtain one or both of the AntAgonizer and Mechanist's costumes. Wear only these for the remainder of the game. X3 Multiplier.

Who Ya Gonna Call?: Clean out the Dunwich Building and Vault 106 using Energy Weapons. Wear a variant of the Radiation Suit while doing so. X3 Multiplier.

I'm Takin' It All: Whenever you come across a piece of loot worth at least 400 Caps, and you have a humanoid follower (any follower besides Dogmeat) following you, you must kill that follower. X4 Multiplier.

Lone Wanderer: Never recruit any followers, including Dogmeat, except when required by a quest. X4 Multiplier.

Movie V: Destroy any evil or neutral-karma authority figures you come across. This includes the Overseer, Protector Casdin, President Eden, Eulogy Jones, Alistair Tenpenny, Roy Philips, and Mr. Crowley. X4 Multiplier.

Snow White: Do not harm any animals. You must take both ranks of the Animal Friend perk. X4 Multiplier.

Wastelander: You must go for three in-game weeks without entering the vicinity of a town upon leaving the Vault, and then spend no more than three days at a time in a town without venturing into the Wasteland. X4 Multiplier.

Comic V: Destroy any authority figure you come across. This includes the Overseer, Sheriff Simms, Protector Casdin, President Eden, Alistair Tenpenny, Eulogy Jones, Mr. Crowley, Roy Phillips and all Regulators. If Amata ends up as Overseer at the end of 'Trouble on the Homefront', she must be killed, as well as any Vault 101 Security Guards you encounter in the Capital Wasteland following the end of 'Trouble on the Homefront.' In addition, while not required, playing the 1812 Overture during any scene of massive destruction (such as Megaton, Raven Rock, etc) would be very appropriate. X5 Multiplier.

Drug Free: You must play the game without using any stimpaks or other drugs. You must recover health through other methods, such as Nuka Cola, sinks, lakes, etc. Rad-Away is an exception to this rule. X5 Multiplier.

Exterminatus: Destroy Megaton AND kill everyone in Tenpenny Tower. You must kill everyone in Megaton with conventional weapons before detonating the bomb for this to count. X5 Multiplier.

Master Hunter: Kill a Deathclaw while wearing only underwear and using only a Hunting Rifle. x5 Multiplier, -1 for each stimpak used.

Plastic Bubble Boy: You must go through the game with a Strength and Endurance of 1. X5 Multiplier.

Dragon Slayer: You must kill a Deathclaw or Super Mutant Behemoth with a Melee Weapon. X6 Multiplier.

Pacifist: You may only attack if it would be life-threatening to allow your opponent to live, and you must retreat if you could reasonably escape. If you cannot, you may attack them until they are sufficiently wounded for either you or them to retreat. Followers are permitted to kill enemies for you without violating this challenge. X6 Multiplier.

The Man With No Name: You may only use the .32 Revolver, or the .44 Magnum as weapons, as well as their unique versions. Wearing the Regulator Duster or Sheriff's equipment is optional. The Lawbringer perk would certainly be appropriate. X6 Multiplier.

Tunnel Snakes Rule: You must wear a Tunnel Snakes Jacket for the duration of the game. Use only Switchblades as weapons. You must recruit Butch as soon as possible. X6 Multiplier.

I Took the Blue Pill: You may never use VATS to attack. X7 Multiplier.

Gentlemen: Wear Pre-War Businesswear for the rest of the game when you get it. Use only knives and revolvers as weapons. You may not sell or drop any cigarettes you pick up, unless you would be over-encumbered. Cigarettes take priority over other loot. X8 Multiplier.

Toys in the Attic: You must use the BB Gun, Baseball Bat, and Pool Cue, and no other weapons. X9 Multiplier.

Nudist: You may never wear armor or clothing. X10 Multiplier.

I Know Kung-Fu: Same as Monk, except you may not even wield Unarmed weapons. X10 Multiplier.

Through the Fire and Flames: Conduct the challenges 'I Know Kung-Fu', 'Nudist', 'Lone Wanderer', 'Plastic Bubble Boy', 'Wastelander', 'Positively Glowing', 'I Took the Blue Pill', 'No I Don't Play With Dolls', 'Roaring Rampage of Revenge', 'Illiterate', 'Comic V', 'Drug Addict', 'Vegetarian', 'Berserker', 'Robber', and 'True Patriot.' You must make it to at least Level 20, and complete at least 10 Side Quests, and the end of 'Take It Back!' If you have the Broken Steel expansion pack, you must complete the quest 'Who Dares Wins.' The modifier for this challenge is only handed out when you beat the main quest and live. If you die prematurely, you forfeit the entire point multiplier. X60 Multiplier

Important Note: Through the Fire and Flames is not intended to be undertaken by anyone. It is a joke. If you decide to take it anyway, you are not required to take two other challenges. You poor, poor thing.

So, go forth into the Wasteland, my little Vault Dwellers, and bring word of the challenge Vault 101 issues to the wastes: "BRING IT ON!"

Keep Fighting The Good Fight,
    Blackout and Vespe

P.S. Comments, suggestions, questions, ideas and the like are all very welcome.

EDIT: New Rules:

*Challenges may be temporarily ignored if a quest would be impossible to complete with them in place. If they would be possible, but very difficult, however, you may not ignore them.
    *Challenges are superseded by tougher challenges of the same type. Hence, you may not take A Space Marine Is (Not) You and Nudist, or That Orphanage Attacked ME and Pacifist, for example.
    *Challenges may not be ignored for other challenges. So you may not take Who You Gonna Call? and Gentlemen, or Exterminatus and Pacifist.
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2009-07-04 at 11:43 PM.

Avatar and sig-banner by Mr_Saturn.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Wasteland Survival Challenge: Funded in Part by Nuka-Cola

Actually, my first thought was "D" "The eyes, Boo, I mean Tycho, The eyes!"
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Eh, I thought Fallout 3 was pretty difficult. Of course, I played it on max difficulty and then downloaded a lot of mods that increased difficulty...but still.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Eh, I thought Fallout 3 was pretty difficult. Of course, I played it on max difficulty and then downloaded a lot of mods that increased difficulty...but still.
    Honestly, this is more for fun than any real desire to make the game harder. Gods know how many times I've died, but haven't you ever wanted to fight the Enclave as the mighty Mechanist, wielding only your fists and your complete collection of Grognak the Barbarian?
    Last edited by Vespe Ratavo; 2009-07-04 at 02:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I was actually listening to 'Through the Fire and Flames' as I read this. Huh.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Honestly, this is more for fun than any real desire to make the game harder. Gods know how many times I've died, but haven't you ever wanted to fight the Enclave as the mighty Mechanist, wielding only your fists and your complete collection of Grognak the Barbarian?
    No. No I have not. Until now.

7. - Top - End - #7

Well, let's get this train wreck a-rollin', shall we? I'm taking Black and White Morality (for good), Bookworm, Geek Athlete, That Orphanage Attacked ME, Vegetarian, Emancipation Proclamation, Who Ya Gonna Call, and Snow White.

So, I'm Ghostbuster Hippie Nerd Saint Abraham Lincoln.

You may start placing bets on how long I'll survive...now.

First journal to come later tonight.

8. - Top - End - #8

I actually already did a lot of these for the lulz

Pet the dog: what can I say, I loved dogmeat, and even used steampacks to keep it going during combat.

METUL BAWKSES: I cleaned up every place I went to. Raised secutiry and science to 100 to make sure I could open every thing in the game. Went trough the enclave base overcumbered just so I could take everything that wasn't nailed to the walls.

Packrat: I actually only sold very very few items during the whole game and didn't use much of the remaining My game lagged every time I acessed the locker in my home at Megatown due to the sheer number of stuff there. I think I had more than enough armors, weapons and ammo to start my own army.

Pet the dog: what can I say? I loved dogmeat, and even used steampacks in battle to help him keep going.

Here are some sugestions for other objectives:

Medic!
    You cannot use stimpacks during combat. x3

Ranger:
    You may not use fast travel. x3

Communist:
    You may not use any service from merchants or take quests from them. x3
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-07-04 at 03:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post

Medic!
    You cannot use stimpacks during combat. x3

Ranger:

Communist:
    You may not use any service from merchants or take quests from them. x3
    I really like these. I might even tack some of them on to Lincoln. I'll add them to Da List as soon as I get back.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, very cool. Might I suggest one?

Drug Free

You must play the game without using any stimpacks or other drugs. You must recover health through other methods, such as Nuka Cola, sinks, lakes, etc. Rad-X is an exception to this rule. x5 modifier
    Steam: Foolish Chaos
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freaking awesome TF2 banner by: Pyro

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

How about

For China! Complete the game wearing any version of the Chinese military suit, the Chinese military hat, and only fight with Chinese katanas and Chinese assault rifles, whenever anything is available. x4

Stay Clean Never get any form of radiation sickness, not even to complete the wasteland survival guide. x2

Rock out with your Glock out You may only use one-handed pistols. It doesn't matter whether they are projectile or energy weapons. x3

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Find every power plant and every relais station. Additionaly, you must find the alien blaster and deliver it to the Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts. Bonus if your character is male and looks east-european. x2
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ranger:
    A friend of mine does this. It wouldn't make the game particularly harder, but surely a whole lot more tedious?

I once played a character whose rule was to never wield weapons and never make any attacks. Sure, she would steal everything, lie to people and lead them into situations where they'd die easy, but never fight them.
    Kaldon Fulgrant, planar dwarf, ex-Guvner, Free Leaguer, Automata-born, Sigil-resident, surly, erudite, recently short-tempered Archivist. Previously a miner.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground

Here is something I did to make game more interesting:

Master Hunter: go Deathclaw hunting using only hunting rifle and wearing only your underwear. x5 (-1 for each stimpack you use).
    Last edited by MalikT; 2009-07-04 at 08:19 PM.
    Find a hole in the wall, even if you have to make one with your own head.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Night Monkey View Post
    A friend of mine does this. It wouldn't make the game particularly harder, but surely a whole lot more tedious?
    Tedious or no, it'd make the survival aspect of the challenge harder. Less food. Constant food from Megaton or Rivet City would kind of lower the challenge for that aspect...besides, there's something to be said about the player willing to tolerate tedious travel. I, for one, will take on the Ranger challenge.

Also, yes, I am Blackout. My regular account has become inaccessible, due to me forgetting my password and the email account attached to it getting shut down. A PM has been sent to rectify the situation.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

CH-CHLK: Use only Shotguns (of any type) as soon as its possible to obtain them. X2

Lord Mimslby will use the following challenges.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Hat: Wear a Pre-War Hat or Shady Hat for the duration of the game. X2 Multiplier.

That Orphanage Attacked ME: You must wait until you are actually hit at least once in combat before fighting back. Whenever your opponent retreats, like when Raiders are wounded, you must allow them to do so. X2 Multiplier.

Packrat: You must store at least half of the loot you discover in a location you consider secure, and never use it. X3 Multiplier.

Who Ya Gonna Call?: Clean out the Dunwich Building and Vault 106 using Energy Weapons. Wear a variant of the Radiation Suit while doing so. X3 Multiplier.

Gentlemen: Wear Pre-War Businesswear for the rest of the game when you get it. Use only knives and revolvers as weapons. You may not sell or drop any cigarettes you pick up, unless you would be over-encumbered. Cigarettes take priority over other loot. X8 Multiplier.

Soylent Green: You must take the Cannibal perk as soon as it becomes available, and you must eat everyone you kill. On top of that, the items Human Meat and Strange Meat must be eaten as a priority over other food items, for the Survival challenge. X3 Multiplier.

I only have one concern. I got far enough into Broken Steel to know im getting parts for a weapon to kill Vertibirds.
    If you have to actualy kill any to complete the game then all the challenges that deny you that weapon or something else powerful (like rockets) will make the game impossible.
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2009-07-04 at 08:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MalikT View Post
    Here is something I did to make game more interesting:

Master Hunter: go Deathclaw hunting using only hunting rifle and wearing only your underwear. x5 (-1 for each stimpack you use).
    Last night I shot a Deathclaw in my underwear. What the Deathclaw was doing in my underwear, I'll never know.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    CH-CHLK: Use only Shotguns (of any type) as soon as its possible to obtain them. X2

Lord Mimslby will use the following challenges.

Spoiler
    Show

I only have one concern. I got far enough into Broken Steel to know im getting parts for a weapon to kill Vertibirds.
    If you have to actualy kill any to complete the game then all the challenges that deny you that weapon or something else powerful (like rockets) will make the game impossible.
    Hmm...I guess in the case of quest requirements, challenges can be waived for a moment. Like with the mole-rat-repellant stick for 'Wasteland Survival Guide'.

Also(Not sure about Vespe's take on this but, I think that this is the case), I believe you can't take Gentlemen and A Space Marine Is (Not) You, due to the armor requirements. One requires that you not wear Power Armor, the other requires that you do wear Pre-War Businesswear. You're basically getting free points.

And, I believe this also counts for the energy weapons and radiation suit deal with Who Ya Gonna Call?, due to the fact that Who Ya Gonna Call? involves wearing a radiation suit of some type, and wielding an energy weapon. I guess, only if you do Who Ya Gonna Call? and then get rid of the energy weapons and radiation suit, would you not fail to qualify for Gentlemen.

Just nitpicking, but...well, y'know, we don't want to go handing out free points for the contest.

18. - Top - End - #18

New Rules:

*Challenges may be temporarily ignored if a quest would be impossible to complete with them in place. If they would be possible, but very difficult, however, you may not ignore them.
    *Challenges are superseded by tougher challenges of the same type. Hence, you may not take A Space Marine Is (Not) You and Nudist, or That Orphanage Attacked ME and Pacifist, for example.
    *Challenges may not be ignored for other challenges. So you may not take Who You Gonna Call? and Gentlemen, or Exterminatus and Pacifist.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    New Rules:

This is not the first time in my life my actions have forced a rules revision. It will not be the last.

Also, for Positivly Glowing you should define a number amount of rads since i think in-game you get told what your level is at minor and then advanced and then critical.

Also, the way they are worded Berserker and TOAM can be taken together since it only says you must fight, not that you must initiate the combat or kill the enemy in question.
    Last edited by Stormthorn; 2009-07-05 at 12:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    This is not the first time in my life my actions have forced a rules revision. It will not be the last.

Also, for Positivly Glowing you should define a number amount of rads since i think in-game you get told what your level is at minor and then advanced and then critical.
    I believe Blackout meant Advanced Radiation Sickness.

At any rate, here we go. In case you (or more likely, I) forgot, Abe is going with Black and White Morality (for good), Bookworm, Geek Athlete, That Orphanage Attacked ME, Vegetarian, Emancipation Proclamation, Who Ya Gonna Call, Snow White, and the new addition of Ranger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Abraham, last name lost to time, was better known as the Lone Wanderer. From humble beginnings inside Vault 101, Abraham eventually...well, you'll find out.

Little is known about Abraham's early life. His mother, Catherine, died during childbirth. He was often described as a strong, intelligent youth. (SPECIAL is 6,6,6,5,7,5,5. This may end up being changed).

On his tenth birthday, he had to kill a RadRoach. He would later describe the experience as traumatizing, and the inspiration for his lifelong love of animals. "Even the really icky ones," he added.

Following the G.O.A.T. exam at age 16, Abraham took on a job as a Pip-Boy Programmer. (Got Science, Unarmed, and Speech as tag skills. Didn't change them).

From this point forward, we'll let Abraham tell his own story, as detailed in his own personal journal...

Audio log, August 17th, 2277. The light is burning my eyes. I have just left my only home, where I have lived for the past 19 years. I have just murdered two people with my bare hands. I still don't know what's going on. Apparently, my father has left the Vault. And I must find him.

God, I'm hungry.

(Put more points into Unarmed, Science, and Speech. Took Intense Training for my first perk, put it into Intelligence. Boring update? Yes. More to come. And it'll be better. And funnier).

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

TTFAF looks doable. Just need a good sneak skill really.

Also, dragon slayer is excessively easy. EVERYTHING is excessively easy if you have a high sneak. Throw CSS in, and why bother playing?
    Last edited by TMC; 2009-07-05 at 01:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Night Monkey View Post
    Two words: random ecounters. Sure most of them can be seen from a distance, but sometimes that deathclaw will just jump from behind a rock and you'll be in a world of hurt. Even if you win, you'll have expended ammo and resources, plus you'll be taking more time to reach your destination.

You also need to plan your travels more carefully, instead of "Here I'm at Megatown. Oh, wait, I needed to go to Rivet city. No problem, just a couple of seconds to correct."

23. - Top - End - #23

It's funded by Nuka Cola, but there's no Nuka Cola Challenges?!

The Nuka Cola Challenge Part II

Assist Sierra in collecting the Nuka Cola Quantums (The Nuka Cola Challenge side quest), and afterwards amass a collection of Quantums and ordinary Nuka Cola larger than her's, without killing or robbing Sierra herself. You must also pick up any of the toy trucks that look like Nuka Cola Transports that you see (excluding Sierra's), and have at least two Nuka Grenades at all times, and drink at least one Nuka Cola before using any Stim Pack or other healing item, and remain with a larger collection than Sierra's even after drinking it. (Excluding when eating food for the RP challenge.)

Evil challenge? Seriously.
    Last edited by EleventhHour; 2009-07-05 at 04:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

I've never done a Lets Play before, I might consider this. I've been looking for an interesting way to replay Fallout 3 lately anyway. Really, the only thing holding me back is.. Well, Street Fighter 4 coming out for a platform I own. I'll consider this, it sounds fun. But the eating and drinking challenges sound, well... Hard to keep track of.
    Last edited by KBF; 2009-07-05 at 03:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    The recursiveness of KBF's sig is fracturing my brain. OW OW OW.

It's like putting two portals in view of each other and staring through them into infinity. And somehow KBF sigged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasatoHyuga View Post
    @^^ Hey! Someone sigged me! :D

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    It's funded by Nuka Cola, but there's no Nuka Cola Challenges?!

The Nuka Cola Challenge Part II

Assist Jenny
    Isn't her name Sierra?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Isn't her name Sierra?
    ...why, yes, it is...

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, I'll do this. I'm going to play as:
    Nevada, male Lone Wanderer.
    I will take the following challanges:
    Spoiler
    Show

No, I Don't Play with Dolls: Collect no Bobbleheads. X2 Multiplier.

True Patriot: You must always tune your radio to Enclave Radio. X2 Multiplier.

Black and White Morality: You must choose to either strive for Very Good or Very Evil at the beginning of the game, and not stray from either path. Any action contrary to your alignment fails the challenge. X3 Multiplier.

Pet the Dog: You must let Dogmeat join you, and keep him alive until the end of 'Take It Back'. If you have Broken Steel, he must survive until the end of 'Who Dares Wins.' X3 Multiplier.

I'm Takin' It All: Whenever you come across a piece of loot worth at least 400 Caps, and you have a humanoid follower (any follower besides Dogmeat) following you, you must kill that follower. X4 Multiplier.

Wastelander: You must go for three in-game weeks without entering the vicinity of a town upon leaving the Vault, and then spend no more than three days at a time in a town without venturing into the Wasteland. X4 Multiplier.

Drug Free: You must play the game without using any stimpaks or other drugs. You must recover health through other methods, such as Nuka Cola, sinks, lakes, etc. Rad-Away is an exception to this rule. X5 Multiplier.

Also: I come bearing a suggestion for a challange:
    From the Vault, with Love: You must kill Cournel Autmn with the BB gun. (x3 multiplier)

Badass Longcoat: You must go through the game wearing a Duster Longcoat if at all possible. You must endevor to get Sheriff Simms killed (if you don't kill him yourself) and retrive his duster to do this, unless you have already acquired the Regulator Duster from the Lawbringer perk. one.
    List of Longcoats: Sherrif's Duster, Regulator Duster, Cournel Autmn's Trenchcoat. Let me know if I've missed any. (x4)
    Vance's Longcoat
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2009-07-05 at 07:23 AM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Let me know if I've missed any. (x4)
    Vance's coat, though I can't remember the name.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I might try this out. Maybe not the food/sleep considerations (that sounds like something better captured by a mod) but I've been looking to get back into the game so these challenges might be the thing to tempt me back...

Lone Wanderer would probably be better as X2 (not X4) given that its ridiculously easy to complete the game solo. Granted, that is without the extra rules you're introducing. I've also done For Chairman Cheng! before which is pretty cool

Two words: random ecounters. Sure most of them can be seen from a distance, but sometimes that deathclaw will just jump from behind a rock and you'll be in a world of hurt. Even if you win, you'll have expended ammo and resources, plus you'll be taking more time to reach your destination
    Which is why I stopped walking everywhere near the end of my first game. It gets pretty stupid fighting off high level threats (such as those damned robots) every few metres
    The Omnians were a God-fearing people. They had a great deal to fear.
    -Terry Pratchett

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

It's called Vance's Longcoat Outfit. Just for the record.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing