New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Wasteland Survival Challenge: Funded in Part by Nuka-Cola

Blade's Journal, Day 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looted the rest of the houses here. Everyone in 'em was dead, though the last one was full of roaches. Roaches are easy to kill. Found a copy of Grognak the Barbarian. Always loved this comic. All this stuff I'm carrying around is getting heavy. I should go back to Megaton, but there's a few things to take care of first.

Saw some smokestacks up a hill. Went to check them out. Turned out to be a power plant of some kind. Substation was empty, except for a few items and a workbench. Fixed up my sword. Found a schematic for something called a railway rifle. Sounds like a gun, so I won't bother making any. Power station was full of zombies. Grognak fought zombies. Some of them took a few hits to die, especially the weird glowing one. Found a power fist upstairs. This place is full of radiation. I'm getting out.

Got ambushed by some guys in combat armour when I left. Called themselves Talon company. Someone seems to have put a price on my head. Idiots decided to talk first instead of just shooting me. Called me a saint. Introduced them to Burnin Hell. She didn't like them. Used their armour to fix mine. Bet they didn't expect a saint to do that.

Next stop was that old Metro station. Had a bunch of sugar bombs to sell the friendly zombie. Murphy, or something. He payed me caps, I traded him a laser pistol for some ultrajet. I'm going to save this stuff for a special occasion. Stopped by Arefu, then noticed something else in the distance. Big statue holding some sorta cone thing. Going to check that out next.

Turns out it's some place called paradise falls. Went around it looking for a way in. Met a merchant named Crazy Wolfgang. Sold him some stuff, got my equipment patched up. Guy at the gate wouldn't let me in. We traded a few insults, then he told me he thought I might fit in after all. Gave me this weird gun, told me to pop slave collars on a few people for him. Hate guns. Getting paid for it, though.

Headed south. Found some raiders, killed them. Found a mole rat, killed it. Found this big ugly bear-looking thing, killed that too. Finally made it to Megaton at 2AM. Sleeping now. Going to see crazy lady in the morning.

Day 11
    Spoiler
    Show
    Remembered something someone said earlier. Might have been Simms. Went to the inn. Found Moriarty. Kept quiet about the lady in Springvale, handed over some caps to learn about dad. Turns out he went to some place called Galaxy News Radio. Tuned my radio to it. lots of static, but can hear it alright. Moriarty said he knows me. Apparently I wasn't born in the vault. News to me. Maybe he's just crazy.

Went to the supply store next to see crazy lady. She thanked me for the mine, gave me some grenades. Bought a vending machine and a medical kit for my house. Had to trade her everything I'd looted for it. Also wanted me to injure myself for science. Told her I'd be right back.

Went outside, looked over the balcony. This is really going to hurt.

Ow.

Ow. crap. <unprintable>. <Expletive>. Goddamn <expletive> <expletive>.

I think I broke my leg.

Dragged myself back up to crazy lady. Chewed her out a bit for making me do that. Got patched up, though. Apparently have smiley face stitched onto me somewhere. May kill her later for that.

Next up, whacking mole rats with a stick. This is more my style. Easy to find mole rats too...

<entry resumes three hours later>

Where the hell are all the mole rats? They were everywhere right up till I started looking for them. Going to go check out this sewer she marked on my map. Maybe they'll have some.

Found more raiders. Also found more Talon mercs. Had another contract to kill me. Beginning to really dislike these guys. Saw some raiders. Also a dead wastelander. Looted some odd looking meat off him, killed a raider. More raiders below me. Jumped down to surprise them, landed in the middle of world war 4. Pair of big green uglies across the river with chainguns. Killed a raider in my way and got out.

Found the sewer. Full of mole rats. Guess this is where they all went. Snuck up and killed a turret. Found a raider hiding behind a minefield. Getting good at spotting and disarming those. Still not doing it when I'm being shot at. Killed the raider. Took her key, all her mines, killed her friends, looted their place. Had some nice guns. Bet I can get lots of money for these. Found a way out of the sewers, led into downtown DC. Heard on the radio that it's full of uglies. Saw red dots on my radar. Not leaving the cover of this stairway to check them out.

It's getting late. Tried some of that strange meat earlier. Tasted funny. Not bad, just funny. Kinda like it, though. Going to use one of the beds I saw earlier while killing raiders. Heh. They won't be using those beds again. Because they're dead. I killed them.

I like killing.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ho-kay, so, after a good long time, I've finally decided to get up off my behind, and type up Week 2 of my journal, based on notes I took when I was playing this character before his death(yes, I died. Day 16).

Update on Lucas' status to come later this evening.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

So what happened to this? I was enjoying reading the mini-LPs.

Time to provide my own, I guess, since the previous character I've been playing has started crashing whenever he goes near Megaton... still, I think I've found a pretty good mod list now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fallout3.esm
    Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
    Anchorage.esm
    ThePitt.esm
    BrokenSteel.esm
    PointLookout.esm
    Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
    Survival of the Fittest - Needs.esm
    Survival of the Fittest - Injuries.esm
    PowerArmorImproved.esp
    ThePittFix [Official].esp
    Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esp
    OAF - Lite.esp
    OAF - Stealth Suit Fix.esp
    OAF - Repairable Gauss Rifle.esp
    oroLookoutFix.esp
    pointlookoutmadeeasy.esp
    Sprint Mod.esp
    Claw - PowerArmorTrainingImproved.esp
    Dialogue Tweaks.esp
    WeaponModKits.esp
    PowerArmorTraining.esp
    Accessorized Helmets and Mask.esp
    PowerArmorTraining_MedicArmor.esp
    PowerArmorTraining_Linden.esp
    TenpennyGhoulsAtPeace.esp
    MS11fix.esp
    CombatDuster.esp
    Salvagable cars.esp
    knockdowns.esp
    ek.BrokenSteel.esp
    shopping-spree.esp
    Broadway_cinema [update2].esp
    GalaxyNewsRadio20[M].esp
    joefoxx Gun Mod v1.0.esp
    FTE.esp
    Survival of the Fittest - Anchorage unmodified.esp
    Survival of the Fittest - Point Lookout.esp
    Survival of the Fittest - Pitt unmodified.esp
    Survival of the Fittest - Broken Steel unmodified.esp
    MMM+SotF food extender.esp
    GrayditchShelter.esp
    Water_Tower_Hideout_byOrophin.esp
    XFO_Playstyles.esp
    XFO_Stat_changes.esp
    XFO_Pacing_med.esp
    XFO_Weapskill_dmg_and_accuracy_med.esp
    XFO_SP_Fix2_(SP10_TAGx2_INTxHalf).esp
    XFO_Perk_rebalance.esp
    XFO_rarity_ammo_med.esp
    XFO_Timescale_fast.esp
    XFO_Timescale_med.esp
    XFO_Degradation_fixes.esp
    Consistent Books.esp
    FleshBurningPlasma.esp
    Owned!.esp
    ReneerInvisibleKarmaMod.esp
    dD-Larger Blood.esp
    XFO_Sneak_Rebalance_mild.esp
    XFO_Radiation_changes.esp
    Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp
    Enhanced Weather - Radioactive Rain Plugin.esp
    D.C. Confidential.esp
    Cliff's_Residences Of DC - Player Version.esp
    DCInteriors_Georgtown.esp
    ACE2-1b.esp
    SniperZooming.esp
    Named Wasteland.esp
    RepairIt!.esp
    NotSoFast.esp
    HeirApparent.esp
    IntoTheDeepWoods.esp
    Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
    MMMeyeweightadjust.esp
    Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp
    Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp
    Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp
    Mart's Mutant Mod - XFO.esp

Total active plugins: 78
    Total plugins: 186

Finalised challenge list:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dead-Eye: You may only use single-shot weapons, such as 10mm pistols or Combat Shotguns, during combat, even if they are technically weaker than any rapid-fire weapons you may possess. ×2 Multiplier.
    Executioner: Never let enemies escape during combat. ×2 Multiplier.
    METUL BAWKSES: You must take everything you find in metal boxes. This includes boxes owned by others. If you do not have adequate lockpicking skills, you must return when you do. This also includes safes. ×2 Multiplier.
    No, I Don't Play with Dolls: Collect no Bobbleheads. ×2 Multiplier.
    Miser: Whenever you make a deal with a merchant, you must walk away with more caps than you originally had. ×2 Multiplier.
    Rock Out With Your Glock Out: You may only use one-handed ranged weapons. Either Energy Weapons or Small Guns are permitted. ×2 Multiplier.
    Shoot the Dog: When you encounter Dogmeat, you must kill him. ×2 Multiplier.
    Robber: Whenever you encounter a wasteland Scavenger, you must take their stuff. Killing them is optional. ×3 Multiplier.
    Exterminatus: Destroy Megaton AND kill everyone in Tenpenny Tower. You must kill everyone in Megaton with conventional weapons before detonating the bomb for this to count. ×5 Multiplier.
    Dragon Slayer: You must kill a Deathclaw or Super Mutant Behemoth with a Melee Weapon. ×6 Multiplier.
    Gentlemen: Wear Pre-War Businesswear for the rest of the game when you get it. Use only knives and revolvers as weapons. You may not sell or drop any cigarettes you pick up, unless you would be over-encumbered. Cigarettes take priority over other loot. ×8 Multiplier.

Total multiplier: ×26

Update genuinely to follow. I'm starting a new game now...

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I haven't had time to play fallout 3 recently, but as soon as I do you'll have more of Blade's adventures to look forward to. Might do some tomorrow, actually.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Now that I beat the game: I am ready for this challenge.
    I let the colonal live...too bad the game doesn't mention that in ending.
    I choose these:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Robber: Whenever you encounter a wasteland Scavenger, you must take their stuff. Killing them is optional. X3 Multiplier.
    2) Stick It To 'Im: Get Sticky killed by a Super Mutant Behemoth. Alternatively, blow him up with an eight-round barrage from the Experimental MIRV. X3 Multiplier.
    3) Hard to Kill: Survive 20 attacks by Talon Company hitmen or Regulator posses. X3 Multiplier
    4) Bookworm: Obtain at least one of every skill book. X2 Multiplier.
    5) A Space Marine Is (Not) You: You may not wear Power Armor. X2 Multiplier
    6) Who Ya Gonna Call?: Clean out the Dunwich Building and Vault 106 using Energy Weapons. Wear a variant of the Radiation Suit while doing so. X3 Multiplier.

Sticker is actually pretty badass when you give him the medic Power Armor and lincoln revolver/rifle (whichever it is called). He sucks with big guns.

I'll start today with the journal and modify this post with first 2 days if I get them done. After that post new post with journal. I'm thinking a evil guy. I had fun as a stealing good girl (I'm surprised killing the outcast Brothers of steel wasn't evil).

Special:
    Str- 6
    Pen- 5
    End- 5
    Cha- 4
    Int- 8
    Agil- 7
    Luck-5

Tag: Lockpick, Sneak, Melee
    Day 1
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey Journal, it is me.
    I escaped the vault…long story. My dad left me…that jerk left with ….without even a goodbye.
    That hot chick Amata totally wanted me, but she couldn’t think of woopie when I was in danger. I am not that confortable with killing yet. Sure I’ve kill the old roach or two. But people…
    But, today I did it I killed a man to escape. I killed more than one ….I’m a monster!
    But sometimes to live… monsters are required. I killed only the guys with guns other than the first guy by my room. I ran from ½ the roaches… I helped Butch though he was always a jerk. He let me become a Tunnel Snake. I’m very good with a baseball bat. But I was bleeding when I left the vault… Then out of no where a giant flying insect shoots at me. I used my bat to maker him go away. He tasted terrible…ugh.

I was not sure where to go, but I have heard of boats. Maybe I can find one and sail away from this place. I saw some armed men attacking a huge scorpion about as large as me. I waited till one side was left than made a plan. I can either kill the thing or let it go… I let go. Something that kills 2 unarmed men and 3 armed men deserves to live. I looted the bodies after waiting till it was far from view. One man had a weak .32 pistol…but another had this cool gadget that spit fire. It rocks, but its ammo seems low. Oh well, a great start for me.
    I kept walking uneventful till a dog frothing at the mouth lounged at me. I put my bat up and let it rip. Looks like I’m eating fine tonight. Roach meat is too chewy. Bloated flies are sour. But dog meat tastes like steak…though I had to eat it rare. I found new meat mole rat…ugh worse than roach meat. I’ll keep it fore when I’m starving.
    I found a strange road with chicken wire like you’d read about in those books. There was some medicine, shotgun ammo, and some chemical named jet…
    Just then a freaky kid asked for help with F’ing Ants, whatever those are…I might help him later I found a boat.
    As I kept walking some freaky messed up dude was walking around. Maybe he got fried…although he was chewing on some dude…likely a bad guy who just saw me. Luckily my trusty BB gun put a couple bullets through his head. He only had a few bottle caps. I can probably trade them to some guy who collects them. I read about that too. I decide to follow him into the sewers. One shot seemed to catch me on fire…poo as is flammable! But worse was those glowing freaks even headshot don’t faze them. Although I found a missile launcher after the fact. Now I’m glowing like its going outta style. I need to find a cure for radiation…
    Although, I found that harder than it seemed. I just found more guys trying to kill me. I found some books though about guns and flamers, but I’ll read them later I got stuff to do. I’m hurt, I’m shaking, and feeling ill, but I’m mainly tired this ends day 1.

Day 2
    Spoiler
    Show

I found out it by some tricycle factory, I’ll return later to take the stuff when I find some who might buy stuff. Next some raiders (that is my term for guy who shoot without asking questions…well there are worse things I call them) shot at me so I had to kill them. I gotta train my shooting better. Worse someone has some contract to kill me. Some nice Talon Mercs were kind enough to tell me before shooting…ouch. They shot light at me! I killed 2 with my baseball bat and 10mm, but killed the last one with the rusty missile launcher. Gosh I love it. Well, I was able to combine their armor to be adequate defense on journey.
    I eventually wound up at the Citadel. Some armored dudes lived there. They called themselves Brotherhood of Steel. Not sure who they are, but they told me they saw boats to my east so I got to cross the water first. Fought some huge person called a super mutant by the Brotherhood. Had to cross a raider infested bridge- hint: I ran.
    Across the bridge I saw some more mutants so I tried to sneak by them but they eventually shot at me so I ran. I came upon a wastelander with nice stuff by his bed. He suddenly ran away so I decide hey it must be finders keepers.
    Sadly she came back and wouldn’t share his bed so I had to shoot her. Plus, she gave lousy deals. It was midnight, I needed to get somewhere safer but I couldn’t hardly stand. So now I got some sleep, but still feel lousy.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

I just noticed a conflict in two of my challenges: Dragon Slayer requires you to use a melee weapon, which would be banned under Rock Out With Your Glock Out, Dead-Eye, and Gentlemen. Is it possible to make an exception just for that particular challenge? Use a melee weapon on that Deathclaw, then go back to the Magnum for the rest of the game?

If not, I'll drop Dragon Slayer, bringing my multiplier down to 20.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

'Cording to the rules:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    *Challenges may not be ignored for other challenges. So you may not take Who You Gonna Call? and Gentlemen, or Exterminatus and Pacifist.
    So you couldn't make an exception. If it were a quest, you would be allowed to, but as it's a challenge, you can't.

Also, because of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    *Challenges are superseded by tougher challenges of the same type. Hence, you may not take A Space Marine Is (Not) You and Nudist, or That Orphanage Attacked ME and Pacifist, for example.
    I don't think you can take Rock Out With Your Glock Out, Dead-Eye, and Gentlemen together. Gentlemen is a tougher challenge that requires that you use revolvers, which are both one handed (thus superseding ROWYGO), and one handed (superseding Dead Eye).
    You could probably use one of them, which would mean that you couldn't use the knives Gentlemen would have allowed you to use, but I don't think you can use both ROWYGO and Dead Eye with Gentlemen.

And I would have the start of my journal to post here, but Fallout is bugging out on me. Archive Invalidation seems to be deactivating itself after about 5 mins of playtime, and preventing me from doing anything.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Right, thanks for the corrections! I'll slim it down to just Gentlemen then. That will also remove all conflicts.

Added some more mods...
    • Explosive Entry: Explosives can be substituted for lockpicks. The type of explosives required and the chance of success depends on your explosive skill, and there's also a chance you might blow up the contents of whatever it is you're trying to enter. That will make the metal boxes easier to break open.
    • Alternate Start: Roleplayers. Because I'm insane 'Amata woke me up and...' is becomming all too familiar, plus I've already been through Vault 101 recently with a different character. I won't get any points at all to begin with, and I'll start off with a special background-reflecting perk and in a different place to Vault 101.
    • Armor Disguises: This may be irrelevant, depending on whether I'm allowed to go with the theme of Gentlemen but break the letter of the rules. This mod allows you to use certain armours to disguise as a member of a faction - for example, wandering around in Enclave power armour will convince the Enclave that you're one of them. The full list is on the mod page here. This would break Gentlemen!, since I would not be wearing pre-war businesswear. My rationale is that as a SPY, a disguise is very thematic. On the other hand, Advanced Power Armour Mk II is definitely much better protection than pre-war businesswear, so depending on the consensus of posters here, I will or will not use this mod.
    • PC idle animations, which should lead to better screenshots.
    • A lot more tracks for GNR, not that it's in any way relevant.
    • An improved model for the Magnum, and another mod to make it work with Weapon Mod Kits. The wasteland shall fear my .44 Magnum (LS, SC, SI)!

The ever-fluctuating, incomprehensible without prior knowledge, modlist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fallout3.esm
    Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
    Anchorage.esm
    ThePitt.esm
    BrokenSteel.esm
    PointLookout.esm
    PowerArmorImproved.esp
    PCIdles.esp
    Explosive Entry.esp
    OAF - Lite.esp
    oroLookoutFix.esp
    pointlookoutmadeeasy.esp
    Sprint Mod.esp
    Dialogue Tweaks.esp
    WeaponModKits.esp
    PowerArmorTraining.esp
    MS11fix.esp
    CombatDuster.esp
    Salvagable cars.esp
    knockdowns.esp
    ek.BrokenSteel.esp
    shopping-spree.esp
    GalaxyNewsRadio80[M].esp
    joefoxx Gun Mod v1.0.esp
    VulturesRest.esp
    FTE.esp
    GrayditchShelter.esp
    XFO_Playstyles.esp
    XFO_Stat_changes.esp
    XFO_Pacing_med.esp
    XFO_Perk_rebalance.esp
    XFO_rarity_ammo_med.esp
    XFO_Timescale_fast.esp
    XFO_Timescale_med.esp
    Consistent Books.esp
    FleshBurningPlasma.esp
    Owned!.esp
    dD-Larger Blood.esp
    Enhanced Weather - Radioactive Rain Plugin.esp
    D.C. Confidential.esp
    ACE2-1b.esp
    SniperZooming.esp
    Named Wasteland.esp
    RepairIt!.esp
    NotSoFast.esp
    HeirApparent.esp
    IntoTheDeepWoods.esp
    Alternate Start - Roleplayers.esp
    Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
    MMMeyeweightadjust.esp

Total active plugins: 82
    Total plugins: 190

+Armor Disguises depending on what is said.

(Now to start the game for the nth time. This time, I beleive I've set up all mods correctly, and hopefully I won't end up with the first quest breaking like it did last time. Also, this time I won't press the button which makes all settlements hostile, as it is irreversible... )

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Right then. Got some Fallout in today, so here's another 2 days.

Blade's Journal, day 12
    Spoiler
    Show
    Today was as unproductive as all hell. I woke up and discovered why you don't carry a flaming sword through a gas leak. Must remember to put it away in future.

Left the sewers, and spent a load of time wandering. Swam across the river at one point. Managed to avoid being shredded by crab-things in the process. Met an old lady who seemed more than a little senile. She told me there had been some people by looking for a 'do-gooder' who came out of the vault. I think my story is getting around. Turned the radio on. Sure enough, guy called Three Dog (cause one ain't enough, and two is too low) is talking about me. Doesn't mention me by name. Just that I disarmed the megaton bomb. Bet he'll have more to talk about shortly.

Got turned around, ended up taking the long way around DC. Ran into more crab-things, which I've discovered I can kill if I got space to run circles around them. Also Talon Company. Really starting to hate these guys, though all doubts about their intelligence have been confirmed. One of them tried to shoot me point blank with a rocket launcher. Had it gone off, we'd both be fine red paste. Killed them all, used their armour to fix mine.

Went back to Crazy Lady. Told her about making mole rat's heads explode with her 'repellent.' I thought it was great. She seemed upset. Asked me to put a scanny thing in a clutch of mirelurk eggs without killing any and went back to sweeping. Time for a bit of a hike.

Apparently mirelurks are those crab-things.

Found a way in. Was locked, but didn't stop me. Snuck up, found some eggs, shoved the device in and ran for it. Don't think they saw me. Back to Megaton to tell Crazy Lady. Am tempted to tell her they have a bubbly castle and swim in circles all day. Probably won't, though. Then I'm going to sleep.

Day 13
    Spoiler
    Show
    More productive. Traded all the junk I had for a ton of stimpaks and some stuff for my house. Got a Pre-war theme, whatever that is. Now own a TV that only shows a test pattern. Awesome. Have new job now. Got to go to the RobCo factory and reprogram some robots. With a widget thing. Arrived without incident, got through factory mostly full of mole-rats and radroaches. Took some meat from them, got to the mainframe, installed the widget.

Was immediately shot by a robot. Apparently that thing woke up every robot in the building, and they are not friendly. Jesus H. Christ. I can't hack this. I can't reprogram them! Am not good with computers. Will come back when I am. For now, will run like hell and hope they miss.

Got outside safely. Saw a tower in the distance. Pip boy informs me it is Tenpenny tower. Think one of the slaves I'm supposed to find lives there. Susan Lancaster.

Went up to gate. Saw a ghoul arguing with a speaker box. Stole the ghoul's ammo while I waited, then payed speakerbox 100 caps to let me in. Jerk. Offered to take care of the ghouls for him. He offered me 500, but I talked him up to 700. Think he is less of a jerk now. Went inside to look for Susan.

It's decadence in here. People walking around like they just don't care what's outside. Bet they don't. Bet they never leave. Except this guy Dashwood. He seems all right. Talked to him a bit about ghouls. Also had a look through his terminal at some of the places he'd seen. Paradise falls was in there. Didn't tell him I was working for them. Don't think he would approve.

Found Susan. Had to talk to her to make sure it was her before I zapped her. Then I did, then I took her stuff and sent her off to meet her new masters. Nothing more to do here just now. Late, though. Going to grab some sleep in Susan's former bed and kill ghouls tomorrow. I seem to be doing a lot of sleeping in the beds of people who no longer need them. This amuses me for some reason.

Oh, and since everyone else is asleep too right now, I have one last thing to do before I head off. Tonight, while no one is awake, I am going to rob every one of these rich idiots completely blind.

Author's Note
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I am aware the bed is still listed as 'Owned' by Susan and I can't sleep in it. I'm going to simulate the same effect by drinking lots of water from the taps in her bedroom and then resting next to it.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2009-08-08 at 05:13 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Journal continued

Day 3:
    Spoiler
    Show

I came upon some outside mutant fort with a prisoner… maybe she’ll reward me well. I won with the minigun I got earlier, but badly out of most of my ammo. I have hunting rifle (decent amount), mini (2 full clips), and lazer (low) with ammo left. I am hurt bad…but I have to find that boat…
    It is apparently not moving. So I went around looking for shops and information. At the lab I got a bobble head. I thought they would mind but no one cared when I took it. Now I got to go back to my stash and collect so I can come back here and sell stuff. Before I went I met a cute chick Angela who wants to seduce Diego so I bought her some Queen pheromones. I may not be good, but hot babes are my weakness. Maybe I should go to Megaton and ask again…I saw the sign on the way here, but I thought I could just leave before.
    I met some ghouls that talked it freaked me out so much I shot them. I kinda liked it. Felt bad for a second. But they had good stuff. I went back to Vault 101 where that Giant Scorpian was and it was still there. I tried my minigun on it. It just ran. Oh well, at least it fears me. As I walked I passed by some Outcast brotherhood: I decided to follow them. Maybe they will die and drop goodies. Yep a robot attacked and killed them: guy with a chainsaw and assualt rifle. Strange I figured them more technology dudes. But I’ve succumb to Critical Rad poisoning…too much bad food I guess.
    But I found Megaton, inside I met Moira who will cure my Radiation if I get enough (which I do almost). I sold my flamer and other stuff for money. Those bottle caps were used as money…weird. I stole some stuff from tolkfolk like the Sheriff’s key to his house and armory. I loved his bubble head, but the armory used up 2 pulse genades to take down the bodyguard. I slipped out after gathering it all and no one noticed. I sold some gear for stimpacks. But it was late so I rested for 7 hours. Now I’m heavily armed, health, and poor.

Day 4:
    Spoiler
    Show

Moira had a new quest check out the Super Duper Mart. Seemed easy enough. Never is sadly. I met 5 raiders by the entrance and my minigun broke after killing 3 of them so I used an old 10 mm I got back at the vault: headshots got to love ‘em.
    I stored a their armor in the soda machine for now: weighed me down too much. I fought the raiders while hiding, picking them one at a time, but even better I activated some robo help. I noticed I lacked ID so I figured he’d attack me if I didn’t hide. I repaired my lazer guns and stashed some armor there. Sigh, I can’t carry enough at one time. I went back to Moira and gained a food sanitizer. I checked out Alexandria arms again and discovered Arlington Library as well as some sewer entrance with raiders inside. I got hurt bad by some Talon Mercs, but the raiders weren’t too bad. They had a missile launcher! Why do these Mercs haunt me so? I stashed some stuff in a box and will return later to sell stuff later. I’m currently going to Aretu soon to settle a family issue for Lucy at Megaton. Might as well make everyone happy before blowing the town up. Oh right, I was told to blow it up by a Mr. Crowley. I agreed for much caps.

Day 5:
    Spoiler
    Show

I decided to sell junk at Rivet City stores. Jericho in Megaton wants 1000 caps to join. He better be worth it. Apparently Diego is marrying Angela tomorrow at 3 in the church, good for her. Found Alexandria Arms building (never looked behind me). Mostly Raiders and stuff to take. I like money. They weren’t too bad, but their gear weighs me down. To top it off I’m starting to become an alcoholic, but I can quit anytime I like. It just makes it easier to haul stuff is all. Some Victoria Watts person tried to threaten me about the android searching I am attempting. I took her head off. See if that helps her see my point of view… in retrospect hard to hear the dead. Day is over and I need sleep, but not till I unload this crap.

Day 6:
    Spoiler
    Show

I slept on the platform before going in Rivet and it was around tine for the wedding. He bride was late for an hour. But it was a beautiful wedding. The doc cured my addiction before the wedding. I got a job by Abraham Washington to find Declaration of Independence. Good reward so I’ll do it. I sold some scrap and raider armor for some caps. Bought Jericho and using him as my pack mule. But after gathering and selling more stuff the day was over.

Day 7:
    Spoiler
    Show

It was early in the morning before we got some shut eye. Slept till 5 pm. Now to see a kid about some ants. I decided it was better I check it out alone so I left Jericho at the bar: he like it there. Then huffed it to Greyditch: how bad can little red ants be?
    Well, they breath freaking fire! I made them fight each other by shooting the “senses” as the kid called them. As I finished the main area and was about to leave to sell stuff I was going to pick up some loot I left in the shack when a feral ghoul attacks me. I panicked and draw my missile launcher. I almost shot it off, but switched to machine gun instead. I probably would have died if I did use missiles. What was a ghoul doing here? I went back to town to sell stuff I found in the houses at Greyditch got Jericho and attempted to high tailed it to Aretu. Although I knew where it was “kind of ” I’ve never been there. Passed by a old overpass freeway that had raiders. One had fire, but we survived. We next found a Gold Ribbon grocers, but I decided to follow the Outcast instead. Lost sight of them so went in Grocers. I was like that game dominos. I got 2 more skill books. I think I’ve gotten one of each by now. I think I see a bridge where Aretu might be but, I found the Outcast and one has a Gatling Laser. I so want it, but I can‘t beat them in a fire fight yet. I’ll have to wait till they die. Jericho might want to upgrade his armor with theirs.

That is it for now.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Continuing story: of Link, the Asian badass.
    Day 8
    Spoiler
    Show

Still haven’t slept and it is 1 am, but I must wait till dude is dead… just a 1-2 hours than napping time. He seems badly injured. Now it is 10 am and he still lives… why?! I’ll just crash and catch up by sleeping all day tomorrow. I robbed a scavenger after he repaired my stuff and I sold him stuff. He had a lot of junk and a pet dog that really hurt. Oh well, I’m too tired to think of rationales. I followed them to around close to Canterbury Commons before raiders got them. Jericho looks pretty cool in his Outcast Power armor/helm. I used a stealth boy and robbed the Mechanist (just ammo) and AntAgonizer (a key and human flesh). Was the Ant girl a cannibal?! I had to rest 14 hours to make up the time…so tired.

Day 9
    Spoiler
    Show

Today, I slept 14 hours, stole the kid’s comic book, and robbed the houses of stuff. I found a cool Tire iron: better than my baseball bat. I used the Ant Girl’s key to get into her secret lair from behind. I solved the little superhero problem by joining forces with the Ant Girl: One fine looking lady. She gave me her ant poisoned weapon for helping her. She also stole my heart. But enough of that: I got 400 caps from the town so I invested it all in the traders. I then robbed the Mechanist place. When I tried to return to the Flooded Metro to store my stuff Talon Mercs attacked: the freaking called me a do-gooder?! Good, bad, I’m the guy killing you and taking your stuff. But hey, there stuff upgrades my own so it works okay. I think Jericho is plotting something every time a fire fight happens here doesn’t appear till it is over. Did he hire the Mercs? Then some Raiders took over my storage area! Again, Jericho just happened to be there near the end of the fight. It was 1 am when I won so I slept 7 hours. Tomorrow, we high tail it to finish that letter.

Day 10
    Spoiler
    Show

I started at Katelyn’s bed/breakfast, but raiders returned before I can walked to Aretu. They weren’t that bad, but Jericho was hurting from a flamer. Then we passed by a hut with a Scavenger. We decided to take her stuff, but she let me strangely so I let her live. Next we found Fordham Flash baseball field, but the raiders didn’t let me watch their game so I had to shoot then before they hit me with their bats. Aretu is bad off, but I still robbed them. Nice bobble head doll. They want me to find this kid Ian and deal with family. Guess I got to kill them all. I found the locations he mentioned. I found a subway, but before I can go in Regulators try to kill me because I’m too evil. I miss the Mercs: they had better armor at least. This trying to make super Jet; I might like it so I indulge him: need sugar bombs cereal. I am almost ready to take out the family or talk: which ever I feel like. Maybe they pay better. Some R-something named guy tried to stop me from reaching the Family: I said speak to the gun… I forget the gun speaks bullet. He learned the hard way. Now for the rest of them: they were easy pickings. Got good stuff: I might make this my new storage area. Has a clean bed, safer, and lots of things to put stuff. Even has a few hard locks to return later. Now to talk Aretu people after saving the die. They rewarded me with Information and a few items: now to restock my new storage place with stuff from old. After moving stuff from one place to another I sleep: do some selling then move the rest to my storage place.

Day 11
    Spoiler
    Show

Now, to go to Rivet City, they have great shops: I’m curious about the Fatman/Mini-nukes. I bought one Fatman after selling stuff: man at 250 that was a great deal. Sadly that is it for the day. But I got good deals.

Day 12
    Spoiler
    Show

Found Paradise Falls: Slaver country. Guy at front wants me to capture 1 of 4 VIP targets with a mesotron. Decided to get Arkansas at Minefield…I’m a little worried about the name. I found a power station on the way with ghouls inside. I found Minefield and made Jericho wait by the Power station because he is too trigger happy. One shot and the guy was my slave: but he wasn’t only one I got a raider, a Chem. dealer, etc. I think I’m going to like this gun. But it is late, I need sleep… But first there is a boat lady I’d like to enslave. I found a sewer and followed it to Hubris comics: I still need sleep, but I want to figure this place entrance first then sleep. Gah! Regulators working side by super mutants to kill me. I hunter rifled the humans and missiled the mutants. I almost died…life flash before eyes… I think about boobies way too much.

Day 13
    Spoiler
    Show

I slept till 4 am (it was 10 PM or something), we finished minefield and found a locked model of a house in one of the houses. It was master locked so impossible right now. I also learned how bad mini-guns miss. I have a new quest kill molerats at Tepid sewers. Not that much there but raiders. Moira wants a library data pass so back to Arlington Library. After returning the Library information to Moira: Moira wants me to now go to a Robot factory. I went back to my storage area and slept 7 hours.

Day 14
    Spoiler
    Show

I found Andale first, but just weirdoes. I got some tasty meat and pie from them after killing the inhabitants but the old man/kids. Looks like my killing brought a happy ending? Now I found the Factory and took it over. I’ll return to Moira then search the whole place for stuff. I found Tenpenny tower before I decided to return. It was late so I slept.

Day 15
    Spoiler
    Show

I brought Moira the news about the robots: questionable allies. Then returned to my storage area to change carried stuff. Moira wants me to find out Rivet City’s history. I made a detour near Mesa Train Station to check the area and I ran into the Beshiba Ruins. Seems like a Raider den so I’ll clear it first. Good stuff though. Delivered stuff back to storage + opened locked stuff there finally and slept. 6 out of 20 Chinese guns needed for that Slaver dude.

That is a week and day more so far.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I throw my hat into the ring.

Name: Sarpedon
    SPECIAL: 8 8 7 1 7 8 1
    Tags: Small Guns, Medicine, Energy Weapons
    Challenges:
    Executioner, Stay Out of the Heat, Hard to Kill, Pet the Dog, Ranger, Roaring Rampage of Revenge, Wastelander, and Achean Hero.

Achean Hero is a challenge I made for myself (for no multiplier and no points): Strip the armor (headgears optional) from ever foe you kill and carry it away to sell, use or keep. (Wastelander will supersede keeping/selling for the first three weeks, but I will carry the armor away from the body.)

I think I will be doing only one game day per real day.

Day 1:
    Spoiler
    Show

This morning I awoke in my bed as usual. Tonight I slept on the dirty matress of a man I killed. Killing is not as hard as people told me it would be. Then again, I was told that I would die in the Vault. I am now locked out of the Vault forever. I wonder what I can believe and what I cannot.

I can believe what I write here. I will not lie to myself. I almost killed the Overseer today. I wish I had. He killed Jonas, and drove my father away. Actually, I don't know why Dad left. Jonas is dead, and the Overseer's men killed him. I have yet to meet a friendly soul out here.

The first person I met in the Vault accused me of working for someone called Mort... Mortimer? Morty? Whatever. I have never met the man. I snapped at her. I think it was the adrenaline rush I had from killing the security force in the Vault. She pulled a gun on me. It's now my gun. I can't imagine that she lived alone, so I left.

Everyone I have met since is dead as well. They attacked me on sight. Actually, when they heard me coming, they started to jeer me, and seem positively elated that there was someone else they could kill. Their dress is ragged, but better than what I had before. Their guns are better as well, but their aim is terrible.

I must be blessed by the gods. I am healthy. I have food and drink. I am at a reasonably safe place to sleep. I hope. There seems to be some mining in the basement of this building, so I think there may be some people there. I can't hear them, so I hope that they haven't heard me. Anyway, I pray these blessings continue. There are a few weird things that I noticed today that seem like blessings, and I plan to explore those tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be another day. I hope I am alive at the end of it. This world seems filled with death. I almost wonder if I am an angel of death. I caused so much today, but it seems that this world is kill or be killed. It is almost frightening how little this bothers me. I am alone, covered in blood, and completely happy. Why? I saw the sun today. The sun. There are only three people I will not kill to see it tomorrow, and one of those is dead. The second is still in the vault, and the third left me to the merciless hands of the Overseer.

I am speaking of Jonas, Amata, and Dad, of course.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

The following diary entries are found on a battered Pip-Boy, wrapped around the arm of a skeleton... somewhere to be determined, since I have no idea how this character died. The name on the Pip-Boy reads 'December'.

SPECIAL: 7 5 4 6 5 8 5
    + 1 Intense Training, IIRC, but I can't remember where it went.

December: Entry 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Today, I murdered several people.

I assure you, they certainly deserved it.

I also misplaced my father. I don't exactly miss him. After all, he was always complaining about things. “Don't steal Butch's sweetroll! Don't push Amata over the railing! Don't shoot people in the eyes! Grenades aren't toys!” The man would not listen to reason!

I hope he's dead.

In any case, today I have been forced out of my home. They didn't even let me keep the holodisk with my diary on it. It seems I a doomed to forget the details Vault 101's many metal boxes. Dear reader, let me assure you that they were beautiful, and woefully unappreciated. (Damn you, Dad, metal boxes are important! Medicine can wait!)

Ah yes, that's where I'm from. Vault 101. Don't go there.

So, I am now standing in the Wasteland. It is hot, dusty, and filled with ruins... so much for promises of a lush green paradise when we finally leave the Vault. (Apparently my dad knew... he always looked sceptical when people talked about how much better the outside would be. I always assumed it was because he hated fun.)

Time, I think, to take a look around. I should find something more respectable to wear than this absurd blue jumpsuit (of which I have quite a collection – see aforementioned murdering). I would also like a revolver, like the ones they showed in the Vault Theatre.

If it comes in a metal box, I think I'll be in heaven.

December: Entry 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another murder, and I'm now significantly better off in Nuka-Cola bottle caps, which apparently passes for currency around here.

This knife is quite a useful weapon, all told.

So, who did I kill, you ask? Well, who are you, and why are you reading my Pip-Boy! This is private!

It was some woman in a largely intact house, apparently a drug addict who owned someone money. So, probably your mum. Enjoy your inherited debt, sucker!

It is at this point that you probably conclude that 'December' has no decent sense of humour.

December: Entry 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm standing outside some sort of town. At least, I assume there's a town in there. There's a sniper up on the roof, a giant articulated gate, and a robot outside, but honestly, it looks like a messy pile of metal scraps.

I dislike snipers. They always seem to be violent and cold-hearted - unlike myself.

Nonetheless, I shall have to investigate this town.

December: Entry 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, I'm in 'Megaton'. So-called because there is a nuclear bomb in the centre of town. Seriously.

Now, if you ask me, building a town around a nuclear bomb seems to be profoundly stupid. I suppose it must attract tourists, or something.

A man met me at the gate, dressed as some kind of cowboy. He told me to 'behave' – another one like my dad! Maybe they've met. I asked him, and he directed me to a fellow named Moriarty. The name seems familiar...

I headed up to his 'saloon'. Inside was a respectable looking fellow. He told me to blow up the bomb! Could be funny. He also promised to pay me, so I agreed, straight away. That would show the cowboy guy. Teach him to build towns just anywhere...

I took his technical thingummy and stuck it in there. The pills helped. 'Mentats', apparently – I'll have to look out for those.

The people in Megaton seemed well-armed and friendly. Clearly they were hiding something. Plenty of justification to blow them up. Some crazy cultist was ranting about the bomb – maybe this town was his fault? I talked to him, told him he was crazy (true enough). He didn't take too kindly to that.

I broke into the back of Moriarty's saloon, and found a computer right next to the back door. Moriarty seemed like a cynical sort of fellow. He mentioned a man named 'Billy Creel', so I decided to track him down.

Visiting Billy Creel turned out to be a very good idea...

Moriarty's computer also mentioned my dad, gone to a place named Galaxy News Radio. I'd have to make a point of avoiding it.

December: Entry 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    It started raining! Raining, on me! (Isn't this place some sort of desert?)

I got inside pretty quickly, but not until I'd stood outside a building for most of the day playing Pipboy games.

A woman named Moira was in there. Rather helpfully, she told me where to find food and medicine, and even promised more if I came back! Place is called a Super-Duper Mart. Maybe there would be a suit there? This security armour is horribly uncomfortable. (Burke had a suit. Maybe I could steal it.)

She had a big pile of caps, so I took them. These caps. They're beautiful at night... just like metal boxes.

Ah, metal boxes.

And like metal boxes, every cap is different. I'm not going to give up a single one.

Just now, I crept into the crazy cult's building, hoping to find out where they keep their money. It turns out they have some free beds, and nobody cared when I claimed one. I guess the cult's not all bad.

December: Entry 6
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm wrong. The cult is all bad. I wish that damn preacher would shut up. Some of us are trying to sleep!

December: Entry 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just shot Billy Creel.

The sheriff's kid caught me in the act. His dad dresses him up in a duster, which strikes me as kind of creepy. Thankfully, he didn't tell anyone. Maybe he's in shock. Maybe he just really hated Billy Creel.

Anyway, now I have a proper gun. It's like a metal box but a hundred times better.

December: Entry 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    I met this Moriarty fellow. I asked him about GNR, to find out exactly where not to go. I also attached a scope to my magnum.

This gun... I think I'm in love.

After that, I spent some time pointing guns at Megaton residents. That never gets old!

Well, all right, it did get old. It got old remarkably quickly. High time, I decided, to head over to the Super-Duper Mart.

I left Megaton, and sold some more junk to a passing trader. Billy Creel's clothes proved to be absolutely useless at keeping the rain off. I was... cold.

Some guy wanted water from me, so I directed him to the large amounts of it falling from the sky. He wasn't impressed.

Some freakish mutated thing jumped out at me as I was crossing the ground! It wasn't tough, but... damn. (The Pip-Boy tells me it's a 'mole rat'. I wonder how it knows...)

Halfway to the super-duper mart, I came across some sort of building – a water tower, miraculously still standing.

Inside was a computer, containing a log written by a remarkably annoying man. Nonetheless, he left a rather reasonable set of equipment, including a fully functioning water purifier! I marked the spot on my Pip-Boy.

Apparently, we had a similar taste in guns, as he also left a hundred magnum bullets.

A hundred bullets!

Also, he had an interesting taste in headgear.

I don't think it suits me.

December: Entry 8
    Spoiler
    Show
    I reached the Super-Duper Mart! Apparently, it is inhabited. I suspect violence may ensue.

December: Entry 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Violence did indeed ensue. There is absolutely no way, however, that I am going to transcribe the details into my Pip-Boy.
    [OOC note: Fortunately, a mysterious being was around to take a few pictures! Sadly, most of them didn't come out very well.]

In any case, once everyone was thoroughly dead, I set about looting. To my great satisfaction, metal boxes were placed in prominent positions throughout the Mart. Sadly, few had anything inside.

There was a locked door. Fortunately, there were some mines nearby so I could blast my way in.

Inside was a veritable treasure trove. Lying on the desk was something rather interesting.

Apparently, it was a nuke.
    ...remarkable.

[OOC note: reached level 3. Stats now...]
    Spoiler
    Show

December: Entry 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    I returned to Megaton. In a short while, this city will be a ruin, but I'll have to clear it out of people first.

Someone wandered up to me and asked me to deliver a message. I took it, just in case. If I ever head up to 'Arefu', this might get me some caps, although I doubt I'll be able to bring back their reply.

Because I'm going to blow up this town.

So everyone will die.

Please, imagine some diabolical laughter.

When I got back, Moira handed me some sort of food sanitizer device. It makes my food less radioactive.

So, I've been eating radioactive food this whole time. Fantastic. I just love radiation poisoning...
    (On the other hand, I might grow a tentacle-arm. That would be fun.)

She told me to go to a town named 'Minefield'. Seriously, Moira? No thanks!

At least, not until I get that tentacle-arm.

MOD NOTES
    Spoiler
    Show
    My mod list has changed somewhat. I just upgraded the graphics with new textures and Fellout, so future screenshots will look half-decent! Also, Alternate Start: Die Quickly Roleplayers is turned off again.
    Future mod list (lazily copied and pasted from FOMM):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fallout3.esm
    Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
    Anchorage.esm
    ThePitt.esm
    BrokenSteel.esm
    PointLookout.esm
    PowerArmorImproved.esp
    PCIdles.esp
    Explosive Entry.esp
    OAF - Lite.esp
    oroLookoutFix.esp
    pointlookoutmadeeasy.esp
    Sprint Mod.esp
    Dialogue Tweaks.esp
    WeaponModKits.esp
    14mmPistolModRR.esp
    PowerArmorTraining.esp
    MS11fix.esp
    CombatDuster.esp
    Salvagable cars.esp
    knockdowns.esp
    ek.BrokenSteel.esp
    shopping-spree.esp
    GalaxyNewsRadio80[M].esp
    VulturesRest.esp
    FTE.esp
    GrayditchShelter.esp
    XFO_Playstyles.esp
    XFO_Stat_changes.esp
    XFO_Pacing_med.esp
    XFO_Perk_rebalance.esp
    XFO_rarity_ammo_med.esp
    XFO_Timescale_fast.esp
    XFO_Timescale_med.esp
    Consistent Books.esp
    FleshBurningPlasma.esp
    Owned!.esp
    FixHaleyRepair.esp
    dD-Larger Blood.esp
    D.C. Confidential.esp
    ACE2-1b.esp
    RepairIt!.esp
    SniperZooming.esp
    Named Wasteland.esp
    NotSoFast.esp
    HeirApparent.esp
    IntoTheDeepWoods.esp
    Fellout-Full.esp
    Fellout-Anchorage.esp
    Fellout-BrokenSteel.esp
    Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp
    Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp
    Enhanced Weather - Rainbows.esp
    Mart's Mutant Mod.esp
    MMMeyeweightadjust.esp

Total active plugins: 87
    Total plugins: 208

If you're wondering about the water tower, that's from a mod. There's also a highly overpowered custom weapon in there, although honestly one overpowered weapon is pretty good going for a player home mod - I tried one which gave you several shelves of every drug in the game, as well as being, Tardis-like, larger inside than out. Regardless, I made sure to throw the overpowered gun away (it went through the wall somehow )
    Hopefully the extra bullets aren't considered cheating, but it's pretty impossible to complete Gentlemen without a decent revolver.

I know the TF2 spy does not have a scope on either variant of revolver, but the Ambassador is kind of like a sniper weapon so thematically it sort of fits

A question: does anyone know how you actually start the quest in A Note Easily Missed? The titular note seems to imply the Super-Duper Mart is the first place to go, and while I was there, I found a holotape (employee list or something) that for some reason didn't add a note on my Pip-Boy. I'm rather concerned that I've hit a bug, and if so, I should presumably turn off the mod and then turn it back on again to respawn the broken disc. However, if I'm going completely in the wrong direction, it would be good to know to avoid an unnecessary step.

EDIT: Well, that's pretty irrelevant . Although it started well, December's attack on Megaton came to an abrupt end.

Final score:
    9 (Vault quests) + 9 (Executioner) + 9 (METUL BAWKSES) + 9 (No, I Don't Play with Dolls) + 9 (Miser) + 63 (Gentlemen) = 108
    If I were a Buddhist, that would be a pleasing result, I guess.

Of course, I might not actually qualify for Gentlemen!, since although I only used knives and revolvers, I never found a suit of Pre-War Businesswear to wear.

Screenshots of December's hardly-glorious death to follow.
    Last edited by Bryn; 2009-08-15 at 04:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Hey is the next week or so.

Day 16
    Spoiler
    Show

I decided to capture Flask at Rivet city, but Jericho is so much a loud mouth I had to leave him at the bar at Megaton again. I used a stealth boy so increase sneaking and captured him easily. I felt bad, but then he was a slaver so he deserved it. Now I have to find Pinkerton at the broken bow of Rivet City. I hate the water…

Day 17
    Spoiler
    Show

I went to Pinkerton got Rivet History + Android stuff for Zimmerman. Harkness asked me to kill Zimmerman so I said sure he gave me an awesome rifle to do it: I told Zim where Harkness was then wasted the two of them. I did good, but was rewarded by Zim anyway. Always ask for payment first kids. Well, then it was late I needed sleep.

Day 18
    Spoiler
    Show

Just exploring Wasteland: met AntAgonizer again. She was leading a terror of the waste with her ants by killing Wastelanders. Her cold ways melt my heart so I reverse-picked her pocket to give her 7 missiles, a missile launcher, a combat shot gun (200 ammo), and 4 stim packs. She still doesn’t accept my advances…sigh maybe we will meet again and have some fun in the bed. I blew up Megaton…I armed the bomb…even I feel bad about it. The explosion was rather pretty, but Moira is now a ghoul. I got a suite in Tenpenny tower, but Sheriff at Megaton also promised a place. Guess I’ll never know now whether the deal was good. Cleared out Springfield School: they were trying to attack my old home. Glad they never succeeded.

Day 19-21
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey that DJ called me Merciless, but thanked me for helping Aretu. I am gathering my stuff to bring to my new suite at Tenpenny, but gathering my stuff to sell: buying furnishings for my home is expensive. I got my storage stuff, but Meresti Trainyard: Yes, Journal, I was keeping it a secret till now. I’ll have to walk back to the tower: I’m over-loaded. I’ll try Aretu first then if able to Tenpenny. I stored stuff in Ian’s house then a few trips to carry it all back at my suite. I enslaved Susan then waited 2 till days the heat died down to get back to the Tower. I enslaved a scavenger then looted her stuff. She wasn’t selling me the good stuff anyways. Regulators got Jericho outside the store… I’ll miss him. But now I’ll have to recruit that dame Clover from the slavers. I brought another house theme: Scientist like my dad. I got Clover: gave her the old Outcast Power Armor Jericho wore. She said it kind of stunk, but she’d wear it for me.

Day 22
    Spoiler
    Show

Now we will go to Big Town: hear they need the help. Finished Strictly Business. Now to see that Radio place. Man, I met a 16 foot tall super mutant! I delivered the next 5 Chinese assault rifles to Pronto: 6 left. Sell stuff then go to GNR.

Day 23
    Spoiler
    Show

Found Cliffside Raiders headquarters before I rushed back to GNR. He gave me a quest to get a new radio satellite by stealing Lunar one from a museum. Trying to get there is dangerous: have to use the subway system: getting through raiders, super mutants, and turrets. Found some Capital Building, but only stayed long enough to obtain more Chinese Rifles.

I apparently killed too many Talon mercs or something because i'm no longer very evil, but evil. So far I think I've fought 8 teams of Reg/Talon groups.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

This was a productive week. Finished the ghostbuster thing.
    Update: I have by now 19 attacks (Talon/Regulator), read one of every skill book, got Sticky killed, never worn power armor, and robbed scavengers when I couldn't buy them/kill them (always take there stuff).

Day 24
    Spoiler
    Show

Now going to help Three Dog’s radio to get Satellite as I found the Tech place. I finished checking out the Capital Building not much there, but Talon Merc/super mutants fighting each other. Although, I did fight a super mutant behemoth…okay I didn’t kill it the Merc did. Whatever I stole his stuff so I rule. I was hired to go to Museum of Natural History to get Lincoln’s stuff. I found some war poster and Lincoln action figure.

Day 25
    Spoiler
    Show

I am leading the slavers at a the Lincoln Memorial to freed-- I mean slavery of some runaway slaves. Sure, freedom is good, but caps are better. I lead them there: why do raiders only attack me and Clover? Anyway, I capped him once he paid me. Hey, why not? He had good stuff.

Day 26
    Spoiler
    Show

I found a death Claw sanctuary and a sniper rifle dude at a church. The Church guy was first, but the Sanctuary was sure dangerous. I found a awesome Gatling Laser there. I’m in love! But I got addicted to buffout so that sucks. But I have the detoxing equipment at my suite. I decided to recheck around that car factory: still haven’t been inside… worried there might be exploding cars there. It happens. So I stumbled upon Vault 108: Clover said there might be something valuable inside so I said sure. I heard reports of an old vault called 106. I hear people there might see ghosts so I’m going to dress up in my radiation suit in case inside is toxic. I’ll use my energy rifle as my Gatling laser has precious low ammo supply. A security note on a computer said there might be a faint odor or smell: possibly a drug got them. A insane dude hit me with a sledgehammer so I dusted him. I need to work on my people skills. More and more people are attacking me here: either they know my reputation or something is up. To further confirm my suspicions of drugs causing this: Clover said something is wrong with his head. How can she tell? Maybe she was a junkie once. For killing a hallucination of Amata I lost Karma: W.T.F?! Anyway, I got the bobblehead so I got out of there. Place clean of insane people and things. Outside a wastelander praised me on the writing of my book: Wasteland Survival Guide. And I watched a bear lose to a giant Scorpion: sure the scorp had five hp left but he was a fierce one.

Day 27
    Spoiler
    Show

I’m doing more exploring. I got 2 bunches of regulators one after another. I think I’ve fought 18 Merc groups now if I count Talons/Regulators. I found Fort Bannister: I left Clover by some Wastelanders who sell stuff.

Day 28
    Spoiler
    Show

I cleared out Fort Bannister ands gave the legendary Razor to Clover; found the Dunwhich building. Soon I’ll clear it of ghoul infestation. But I got a new mission to gain Nuka Quantum: I’ll do Dunwhich first I think, but caps are tempting. I found some new places, but it was late and I needed sleep.

Day 29
    Spoiler
    Show

Found a satellite place by a scavenger. Considered killing him but I could buy his stuff by selling things. I sold my flamer as it durability wore out. Back to using Vengeance! I cleared out Shalehill of the queen: now only the Forager ants will rule there.
    Now I’ll sell the sugar bombs for Ultra jet and books to that scribe. I decided to leave Clover while I clean out Dunwhich she lacks the protective gear (radiation suit) and she hates the dark.

Day 30
    Spoiler
    Show

I slept outside the building so I had a early start: there was bloatfly inside. Why? Anyway, I found some ghouls to exterminate on 1st floor. I just saw a weird vision: a glowing one was human for a second. Found a shrine that the ghouls are worshipping. As I used a stealth boy I could observe without being attacked. One has clothes on and is chanting something. He must be the leader. I zapped them all at once: 2 lived through the initial volleys: Jaime (the leader) and another ghoul. I should have consumed some jet. I cant find the book he mentioned, but oh well: I got a bobblehead. Time to leave. Big Town told me somewhere over by Gindershade is Littlelamp Light so I’ll check that out. But first I need to go back to get Quantum.

Day 31
    Spoiler
    Show

Gave her the Quantum. I found L. light: traded 250 caps for a “Wazer Wifle”. Sweet weapon: feel sorry for the kid. Now I got Sticky helping me: I find me barely tolerable I wonder how he’d do versus a behemoth: hehehe. The behemoth at evergreen mills got him. He had my combat armor on and everything, but I guess they don’t make armor like they used to do it. I cleared out the inside of the Mills: got a cool shotgun + Fat boy. Killed another Behemoth by Jury Street Metro.
    Passed by Fort Independence and the Outcasts. Gave them a heck o' lot of scrap so be let in. So I could steal the Miss Launcher.

Day 32
    Spoiler
    Show

I decided to do Three Dog’s Radio mission: went to Tech Museum: got Dish and activate a hidden quest: Prime’s loot. I think it meant Optimus Prime, but I can’t be sure. Three Dog gave me the coordinates to a treasure in Hamilton‘s Hideaway. I decided to do the Shooting Quest Mr. Crowley gave me. I decided Duvok was first. Outside Duvok’s place I met a Friendly Raider: we talked for an hour before I had to go.

I met Duvok: he was a pig. I decided to led Cherry away to Rivet City: no reward, but Oh well. In return she did give me Duvok’s key.
    Next I met Ted from Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure: he was like “whoa” I was like, “Whoa, a key I need!”. He was like, “For Real? Caps?”; I was like “fine 25!”.
    Basically we had a very enlightening conversation before he gave me it.

There were a couple scares like when I passed by Raiders with a missile launcher, but I was okay in the end.

Edit: I died.

Day 33
    I decided to go to a new Republic called Dave. I helped rig the election there so Rosie (his 1st wife won), but Dave didn’t take kindly to that and left the town. I got a cool gun out of there deal. Followed Dave till Rad Scorpions got him. Delivered to Mr. Crowley the keys. Decided to go help that Bryan kid kill the ants: Found a new place Falls Church. Helped the Brotherhood save a new recruit. Found L.OB. Industries, but was ganked by 2 robots at same time. Looks like journal…I’m done Dad… sorry I never found you. Hope Clover will miss me and take good care of Dog Meat.
    So points:
    Wasteland Survival: 3 quests, 6
    Main
    GNR: 3
    Escape: 3
    Baby Steps: 3
    Future imperfect: 3
    Following: 3

I wasn't sure what as a minor side quests. So I just did the ones I mentioned in log that are in strategy guide.
    Side Quests:
    Gotta Shoot: 2
    Replicated Man: 2
    Superhuman: 2
    Blood ties: 2
    Strictly: 2
    Power Atom: 2
    Head of State: 2
    Nuka Cola: 2

Prime's Loot: 1?

So 32 points.

Multipliers: x14.

32 x14 = 434 points.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Soooo, I've finished with Dead Space, and may actually dig Fallout 3 back out and continue with it. Maybe. Assuming I get enough (read: any) interest from the fine people of this thread to continue reading my journals, I'll probably have some up later today.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: