New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

HalfOrcPirate

Default Starting a new 3.5 campaign as thinking totemist MoI

Im pretty much 100% sold on this class it just sounds awesome. I am still undecided on race because the DM is a pretty cool guy BUT A COMPLETE JESUS FREAK. You can play awesome races like kobolds, orcs, and goblins but pretty much the moment you hit a town prepare to taste steel. He refuses to let me play warforged so none of that :(

I'm thinking of just saying screw it and playing a full blooded orc and kicking a lot of ass. The man is also in love with roll 4d6 so point buy is probably out. I'll more then likely be going vow of poverty, any tips or suggestions!? P.S. I was also thinking Dragonborn full orc *HEHEHEHEHEHEHE*

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Starting a new 3.5 campaign as thinking totemist MoI

Dragonborn Water Orc! More Con is always good for Incarnum-classes. Other than that, I don't really get what you're asking for.

Totemist is a fine class on its own, as is Barbarian/Totemist/Totem Rager. Go with your heart on that one. Command respect with your awesome presence; invest in Intimidate (ranks; Charisma should probably be your dump stat unless you can bear losing skills to Intimidate) and yeah, draconic characters shouldn't be subjected to the same treatment as Orcs & al.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3

Eldariel: You've been reading my handbook, haven't you?

@Op: You've got 3 major choices:

1: Totemist 8/War Mind 4/Soul Manifester 2/Legacy Champion 6, grabbing Expansion and using Legacy Champion to advance Soul Manifester without getting a d4 HD. Procede to rape encounters on the principle that you're a 12ft tall Orc with 4 arms.

2: Totemist 20. Shape Manticore Belt and Phase Cloak, pick up an Amulet of Natural Weaponry (Savage Species) and apply it's effects to the Manticore Belt's attacks, then rape things with the most powerful soulmeld combo in the MoI. Oh, and Flyby Attack.

3: Totemist 4/Barbarian 1/Warblade 1/Totem Rager 10/Bear Warrior (or Warblade) 2, and rape things as a Grizzly/Toteist with Martial Maneuvers.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfire Titan View Post
    It's a Handbook; I've made an effort to familiarize myself with all the Handbooks I've gotten my hands on :P Quite a good one too, applause on that. Oh, and as it might be useful to the OP too, look here for the Incarnum Handbook.

That said, the few things I said are obvious to anyone reading MoI (Con-based classes with mediocre HD need Con? YOU DON'T SAY! Totemist/Barbarian multiclass should use Totem Rager? NO WAY!), so technically you can't know I'm shamelessly copying you
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2009-07-04 at 11:30 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfire Titan View Post

@Op: You've got 3 major choices:

1: Totemist 8/War Mind 4/Soul Manifester 2/Legacy Champion 6, grabbing Expansion and using Legacy Champion to advance Soul Manifester without getting a d4 HD. Procede to rape encounters on the principle that you're a 12ft tall Orc with 4 arms.

2: Totemist 20. Shape Manticore Belt and Phase Cloak, pick up an Amulet of Natural Weaponry (Savage Species) and apply it's effects to the Manticore Belt's attacks, then rape things with the most powerful soulmeld combo in the MoI. Oh, and Flyby Attack.

3: Totemist 4/Barbarian 1/Warblade 1/Totem Rager 10/Bear Warrior (or Warblade) 2, and rape things as a Grizzly/Toteist with Martial Maneuvers.
    I've read your handbook and found it pretty useful I also share your hatred of elves. But any tome of battle class is out my group views them as "Over powered" :(

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

It's probably easiest to get Totemist 20 past the DM then, and it's a class worth taking to 20.

Consider being a race with natural attacks, so you can use your Totem bind for other things instead.

And, as a shameless plug, I homebrewed some soulmelds. Check the sig.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by toddex View Post
    I've read your handbook and found it pretty useful I also share your hatred of elves. But any tome of battle class is out my group views them as "Over powered" :(
    Then you may wish to hold back when using the Manticore Belt. I call it their most powerful soulmeld for a reason.

It's a Handbook; I've made an effort to familiarize myself with all the Handbooks I've gotten my hands on :P Quite a good one too, applause on that. Oh, and as it might be useful to the OP too, look here for the Incarnum Handbook.

That said, the few things I said are obvious to anyone reading MoI (Con-based classes with mediocre HD need Con? YOU DON'T SAY! Totemist/Barbarian multiclass should use Totem Rager? NO WAY!), so technically you can't know I'm shamelessly copying you

I make a point to put a good effort towards projects that interest me, it helps to know that people appreciate my effort from time to time. Thanks and you're welcome at the same time.

But being Captain Obvious is a side-effect of Asperger's, so I can't help it sometimes.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I once played a Totemist 8/ Barbarian 4/Totem Rager 3, and had planned on just continuing to go totem Rager, Until my character got killed. By some golems that tackled him. Into a pit. Literally. they grabbed me. then jumped into the acid. I died .
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.