Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BraveSirKevin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters





    Kev's Lounge Free Ammunition and Potion Counters

    Continuing on my mission to create quality, free accessories for RPGs and other table top games, I've taken a slight detour from the dungeon tiles to make these counters. They're designed to make it very easy to keep track of what's left in your arsenal so that you can focus on fighting instead of looking for a pencil to cross things off your character sheet. If these get a good response, I'll do some more for other consumable equipment like rations, and some for Action Points, Healing Surges and so on.

    Let me know what you think!

  2. - Top - End - #2

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Reminds me of the things you use in Descent.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mandelbrot set

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    Reminds me of the things you use in Descent.
    I was just looking at the Hirst Arts Descent board last night....

    I want to know one thing there Kev.....

    How much ink do these things take to print? I have seen your other counter out there and probably how I ended up on Hirst last night, but how much do your counters and tiles actually take out of a medium quality ink cartridge?

    They look better than some other companies, but are they cost effective to print on cardstock and laminate?

    Or might you at some point get them pro-printed (or POD like at Lulu) for people to buy?

    And do you take counter requests? (40k could probably use some counters for wounds and such, just don't label them with Warhammer(tm) on them. )

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BraveSirKevin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Thanks for the compliments....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    Reminds me of the things you use in Descent.
    Don't know if I should be embarrassed bout this, but I had to Google Descent cos I didn't know what it was Looks kinda cool though... just for the components if nothing else. Like the Doom board game. I'd probably never play it, but all that plastic makes me want it
    Anyone played it? Can you tell me if it's any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    How much ink do these things take to print? I have seen your other counter out there and probably how I ended up on Hirst last night, but how much do your counters and tiles actually take out of a medium quality ink cartridge?
    A few people have asked that question... and I don't really have a good answer cos I never really measured. What I can say is that I've printed out all the sets a good few times already, sometimes in medium quality, and sometimes max DPI on photopaper. Some I do for actual use, but a lot of those were just test runs while designing to see if it looked good on paper. I run a business doing graphic design and illustration, so that's just a small portion of the many full colour high quality prints I run. That's a minimum of 100 A4 pages with pretty high colour coverage, and that's all from the ink jet cartridges that I put in a couple months ago, and they aren't empty yet. Laser printers would probably handle a lot more.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    They look better than some other companies, but are they cost effective to print on cardstock and laminate?
    That depends on what you consider to be cost effective, and also what you do with them. The most expensive part on my side was the foam core, cos I used black which is twice the price of the white one down here. I didn't laminate them though. Kinda trusting my buddies not to spill Coke all over them mid-game Thanks for the compliment though

    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    Or might you at some point get them pro-printed (or POD like at Lulu) for people to buy?
    I've been giving that some serious thought actually... :) I'd have to print a big run if I went Litho though. Minimum 1000 copies, to get the unit price down. Even with a 100% markup I'd have to sell 500 just to break even. At the moment less than 200 sets have been downloaded, so I'm waiting to see if there's more interest before I make that sort of commitment. If I did do a run though, it would be new artwork, with improvements on what had gone before though, just so that people who have already got the tiles still get good value for their money.

    Print on demand works out very costly on a unit price level, just because the printers would add a huge mark up. Cheaper to print it yourself at home. Besides, I didn't do all that work just to make the print shop a profit

    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    And do you take counter requests? (40k could probably use some counters for wounds and such, just don't label them with Warhammer(tm) on them. )
    Yes, I do. But i have to slot it into my bigger schedule which is kinda packed right now. I also will only work on something that I think a lot of people would be interested in, or that I'd definitely have some use for. I've got some Mordheim counters going right now, that I'm doing for my own Mordheim group for example. What are you looking for specifically?

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Nov 2008

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Downloaded and used.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BraveSirKevin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Thanks for the support Woodenbandman. For all those out there who have downloaded and used these... How are they working out?

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned
     
    Zombie

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Mandelbrot set

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Quote Originally Posted by BraveSirKevin View Post
    Thanks for the support Woodenbandman. For all those out there who have downloaded and used these... How are they working out?
    With no printer currently (lightning), I am not yet using them yet, but have your entire collection of tiles.

    They look good so they will work for many various things.

    (Who throws a hammer anyway? You are right most people would have it on a leash to pull it back to them. They do still sell rope in RPGs right?)

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle-ish, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Quote Originally Posted by BraveSirKevin View Post
    Don't know if I should be embarrassed bout this, but I had to Google Descent cos I didn't know what it was Looks kinda cool though... just for the components if nothing else. Like the Doom board game. I'd probably never play it, but all that plastic makes me want it
    Anyone played it? Can you tell me if it's any good?
    It's basically the spiritual successor of HeroQuest. It's fun, but it's just killing monsters. IIRC it uses the same system as the Doom board game (I forget which came out first).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    you're playing a game where the elven princess Starsinger* is throwing rainbows of doom at the poop-covered tentacle monster while riding a unicorn is a very possible scenario. wondering why the rogue can only throw a flurry of daggers once per day is a minor thing IMO.
    *Originally Starshimmer, but changed for the purposes of entertainment.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheThan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    GI Joe Headquarters
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    Reminds me of the things you use in Descent.
    yeah! that game is really awesome.

    I found the map tiles make good dungeon tiles, and the minis make good PC and monster minis.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BraveSirKevin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Kev's Lounge Free D&D Equipment Counters

    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    With no printer currently (lightning), I am not yet using them yet, but have your entire collection of tiles.

    They look good so they will work for many various things.

    (Who throws a hammer anyway? You are right most people would have it on a leash to pull it back to them. They do still sell rope in RPGs right?)
    Sucks about your printer... I find myself buying a new printer every other year or so. Just cos they're far cheaper to replace than to repair. :) at least down here anyway.

    Right now I'm using the tiles for Mordheim, just as an alternative setting to the ruined city, just to shake things up. It really changes that game completely!

    Quote Originally Posted by Panda-s1 View Post
    It's basically the spiritual successor of HeroQuest. It's fun, but it's just killing monsters. IIRC it uses the same system as the Doom board game (I forget which came out first).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThan View Post
    yeah! that game is really awesome.

    I found the map tiles make good dungeon tiles, and the minis make good PC and monster minis.
    There's a game convention in town this weekend... If they have it I may buy. Sgt Slaughter fan there TheThan?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •