New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: BattleRun

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default BattleRun

http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=2259 Awesome? or Best Combination EVER!?

Glancing through it, it seems you need to know both BattleTech and Shadowrun to understand it. Unfortunately I only know Shadowrun... So I'm confused when it comes to the Mech part. It seems like it could be awesome... I'll have to show this to my friend later.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: BattleRun

Um...for reference, that was CGL's April Fool's Day joke this year. Yes, it's a real product. Yes, it's technically workable. No, it's not a new game system.

(Frankly, I liked the previous year's AFD joke better - an entire set of extra rules to make your BattleTech game into MechAssault - including powerups that dropped when you killed stuff. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin
    Thus, knowing none of us are Sun Tzu or Napoleon or Julius Caesar...
    No, but Swordguy appears to have studied people who are. And took notes.
    "I'd complain about killing catgirls, but they're dead already. You killed them with your 685 quadrillion damage." - Mikeejimbo, in reference to this

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: BattleRun

Quote Originally Posted by Swordguy View Post
    Um...for reference, that was CGL's April Fool's Day joke this year. Yes, it's a real product. Yes, it's technically workable. No, it's not a new game system.

(Frankly, I liked the previous year's AFD joke better - an entire set of extra rules to make your BattleTech game into MechAssault - including powerups that dropped when you killed stuff. )
    Yes, I know it was an april fool's joke, but it just seems awesome, and apparently it was good enough to be nominated for an Ennie