New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default 3.5 I'd like to buy a...

Vowel...not really.

How much would an item that grants continuous immunity to the status condition dazed cost to buy?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: 3.5 I'd like to buy a...

Effectively a continuous effect item of Favor of the Martyr?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Only existing guideline for that is replicating a spell, and the only spell giving immunity to Daze is Favor of the Martyr, a 1 min/level level 4 Paladin-spell. Continuous item of Favor of the Martyr would therefore cost:
    4 (Spell level)*7 (CL)*2000*2 (1 min/level)=112000gp

Seeing that Favor gives some other bonuses, just Daze-immunity could probably be acquired for ~80k or so. It's an insanely powerful and rare ability though so the high cost is justified (for what it's worth, I wouldn't allow it at all in my games).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

It's in fact better than being immune to Stun.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Any particular reason you're getting Dazed often? There might be a cheaper way to achieve immunity. (i.e. if you're fighting Sea Hags, you might look into something that grants immunity to Fear effects).
    Last edited by Telonius; 2009-07-15 at 02:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

He's obviously chain-casting celerity. I say don't do it. It's not worth the butthurt that your DM will probably get.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Third Eye Clarity in the MIC gives you the ability to remove Stun or Daze 1/day for 3000g. Continuous immunity would be somewhere along a factor or ~20x that, mostly (10x) being that there is no need to use your Immediate Action (which are acutally pretty valuable to casters/ToB users) and minorly (2x) becaues its useable muliple times per day.

Just my personal extrapolation...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Not quite as good as outright immunity, but Quick Recovery (feat from LoM p. 181) will grant you another save each round that you begin Dazed or Stunned, regardless of whether or not the effect originally had a saving throw.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Not quite as good as outright immunity, but Quick Recovery (feat from LoM p. 181) will grant you another save each round that you begin Dazed or Stunned, regardless of whether or not the effect originally had a saving throw.
    But don't you need to be like insane or have an alien mind or something? Anyhow, another common Dazing effect is from Orb of Fire. Since it's such a good spell I imagine many enemy spellcasters would pick it up.

And then they'd Chain the spell so it hits everyone in your party.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    But don't you need to be like insane or have an alien mind or something?
    Nope. LoM also has interesting stuff for the abberation hunter, like Quick Recovery and Darkstalker, both general feats without prereqs.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    This seems like a decent alternative.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Immunity to Daze is well-nigh impossible. Even Undead don't get it, and they're immune to everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    Third Eye Clarity in the MIC gives you the ability to remove Stun or Daze 1/day for 3000g. Continuous immunity would be somewhere along a factor or ~20x that, mostly (10x) being that there is no need to use your Immediate Action (which are acutally pretty valuable to casters/ToB users) and minorly (2x) becaues its useable muliple times per day.
    For off the cuff, that's pretty close IMHO.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3000x5(charges/day limit)/1800=8 1/3(Caster level*Spell Level)
    8 1/3*2000(Continuous)*4(duration measured in rounds)=67,000 GP(rounded up)
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Consider making it command-word-activated, and 4/day or 5/day instead of a continuous item. The cost should be cheaper and you can turn it on right before each battle, or in the first round (speaking is a free action). Unless your DM typically throws 5+ encounters at your party per in-game day, this should be fine most of the time.

ap
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2009-07-16 at 09:44 AM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law