New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Banned

Default Re: Alteran's Amazingly Anachronistic, Altruistic, and Antagonistic Random Banter #12

These things require work.

You have to go out of your way to screw something up.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Alteran's Amazingly Anachronistic, Altruistic, and Antagonistic Random Banter #12

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    Smash it with a sledgehammer.
    Drop it down some stairs.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    Drop it down some stairs.
    Drop some stairs on it.

4. - Top - End - #304

Post your email address a few times on the net then open all attachments?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305

I'd have to say I'm bloody persistent. I'm still sewing! It's 3:22 am! I'm halfway done!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
    It's 100%SFW.

I just had armor grade leather around. I also had a great idea.

Which didn't turn out so great.
    Where did you get your hands on armor-grade leather? ...And what does that mean, actually? The boiled in wax, specially hardened kind? ...If so, yeah... that'd be a ***** to shape.

...All this talk of sledgehammers is reminding me to go look for my old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #307

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
    I'd have to say I'm bloody persistent. I'm still sewing! It's 3:22 am! I'm halfway done!
    That is pretty persistent.

I've recently had to take down a tree, and I have to cut it up into small segments. I'm pretty new to using an axe, and it's also trying my patience. However, I'm not up to 3:22 in the morning using an axe.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308

Here's an interesting topic. Anyone have parents on Facebook? My mom recently got it.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

My mom is one of my friends on facebook... I pretty much had to set it up for her too.

10. - Top - End - #310

NecromancerGuy

Mine father is on facebook and harassed me for a good year before I finally had to add him.

Now he mainly just harasses me about joining game applications with him.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #311

I'm not even on facebook, and it would disturb me to no end if my mother was.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I don't use Facebook, or MySpace, or anyadatcrap. Just this site, Chocolate Hammer, and a YouTube account for my LP.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    I don't use Facebook, or MySpace, or anyadatcrap. Just this site, Chocolate Hammer, and a YouTube account for my LP.
    I don't mind telling you I have no idea what any of the words in this sentence meant. This is the problem with the youth of today: too much time inventing nonsense words, not enough time taking a bullet in the lung defending a hill. I don't have to know what the hell twitters and texting and body sprays are to understand that they're not the sort of thing men should be engaged in. Like conversations, or painting things that aren't a house.

The following is a short list of things men should be engaged in, at all times:

1. Getting a haircut
    2. Yelling
    3. Digesting ribs
    4. Hill defense

14. - Top - End - #314

My friend's mom uses myspace, as does my cousin's mom. My mom? She just learned how to text on a phone.
    She texts like a stereotypical 14 year old girl.
    I really don't worry about it.

Oh...and my grandma just learned how to text....that's kind of scary.

Edit: You forgot belching/scratching body parts or fixing cars.
    Last edited by Hell Puppi; 2009-07-18 at 10:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't use Facebook or MySpace, but I am not sure if either of my parents use it.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Edit: You forgot belching/scratching body parts or fixing cars.
    http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2663
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-07-18 at 10:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Both my parents have Facebook and cyberstalk me. My mom is always asking about the people who write on my wall: "Who is this guy?" "You don't know him, Mom." "Well, how do YOU know him?" "I met him at a camp." "Well, why's he saying X to you?"

I guess that's one downside of your mom knowing all your friends and their parents throughout most of your life.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-07-18 at 10:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Firbolg in the Playground

Neither of my parents have Facebook. I'm glad, that would be creepy.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Both my parents have Facebook and cyberstalk me. My mom is always asking about the people who write on my wall: "Who is this guy?" "You don't know him, Mom." "Well, how do YOU know him?" "I met him at a camp." "Well, why's he saying X to you?"

I guess that's one downside of your mom knowing all your friends and their parents throughout most of your life.
    So your know knows about us guys?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Well they they forgot it.

*stabbed*

SPY IN THE BASE!

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    So your know knows about us guys?
    They know I'm on GitP. They don't really know that I consider a lot of you guys "friends".

I was thinking more about my childhood. Because I didn't go to school, I met all my friends through situations and activities where my mom usually also was.

22. - Top - End - #322

They know I'm on GitP. They don't really know that I consider a lot of you guys "friends".

I was thinking more about my childhood. Because I didn't go to school, I met all my friends through situations and activities where my mom usually also was.
    First, that first part is very surprising.

Second, I would think a lot of people meet early friends in the same way. I did, despite going to school.

My dad might be without my knowing, but I would be very surprised if my mother had become technologically literate enough to have any social networking site accounts.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    First, that first part is very surprising.
    What about it is surprising?

24. - Top - End - #324

What about it is surprising?
    Well, you seem very secretive and reserved. I pictured you as having few friends, but being very close to them. Not usually people you know through an internet forum. Then again, all I know about you is what you choose to tell us, so my impressions probably aren't that accurate.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Well, you seem very secretive and reserved. I pictured you as having few friends, but being very close to them. Not usually people you know through an internet forum. Then again, all I know about you is what you choose to tell us, so my impressions probably aren't that accurate.
    There are friends, and then there are friends.

I have about 5 people whom I would consider "very close". I know almost all of them well "in real life"; several I've known since grade school but have only became close with recently.

But then I have the people who know a lot about me and with whom I interact on a daily basis. Like my tennis team. They're not the people I'd drive five hours to see (or even ten) (I would for my close close friends) but I enjoy interacting with them. Most people in the Playground fall into the second category...I mean, I don't share where I live or my real name, but the Playground figures very largely in my life.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I decided to check on my bank account. The very same one that I have been unable to acess due to the bank's SNAFU.
    Not counting savings, I have over 3500 dollars that I am unable to acess, just sitting there, taunting me.
    The doesn't seem like alot, until you relise that the only bull I pay is ~60 dollars for the internet.
    And Pretty much $300 or less for groceries and sustinance a month.

I'm being taunted.

EDIT: On an interesting side-note, this is simultaneously the richest and poorest I have been in my life.
    Last edited by Thanatos 51-50; 2009-07-18 at 11:41 PM.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a stupid number of good friends. There are at least a dozen people I would run to the ends of the earth to help out, three times that I can get real personal with, and a couple hundred I get along with real well. Then it branches off to acquaintances ect. Not bad for a guy with bad social anxiety.

28. - Top - End - #328

NecromancerGuy

Well, yes, the dictator must have information in order to control effectively.

...I'm now tempted to propose to some of my friends who have their parents do that to their facebook profiles for the lulz.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh. Moving is melancholy.

I'm sitting in a serviced apartment, I know nobody here, my family drives me crazy, but I don't hate them or anything, this place cannot feel less like a home. Time zones are all wonky such that I see my friends very rarely on the internet.

Hm. So what's been going on in you guys' lives? Anything particularly interesting?

EDIT: And none of my instruments are here yet.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-07-19 at 01:38 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

30. - Top - End - #330

NecromancerGuy

Pretty boring and pathetic on this end. About the only thing of interest are the four kittens I have. They're aboot as long as your hand right now. Maybe 4 weeks old. Maybe 5. I forgot. x.x

That's pretty rough though. Maybe time-delayed messages can help somewhat though for correspondence at least, if not true connection.
    Homebrew