New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Rary's Telepathic Bond, 3.5

I'm looking to create an item that can grant my group a Rary's Telepathic bond between eachother. There are 5 of us including me, and I would like this spell to last about 16 hours or so. I've been looking through item creation feats to try and make this, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it.

Thanks in advance!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rary's Telepathic Bond, 3.5

First, you look at the spell level(5th) and pick a CL to make it at(your maximum CL, or if it's treasure then 9 is safe). Rary's Telepathic Bond lasts 10 minutes/level, so at 9 we get 90 minutes or 1 and a half hours per use. So we want a use activated or continuous item. This sets the price at SL*CL*2000 or 90,000 GP.

3. - Top - End - #3

Ring of Communication in the MIC. 2K per ring, and each ring can be attuned to a potentially unlimited amount of others. Grants constant telepathy between the linked group. Cheapest form of At Will telepathy there is.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Technically the Ring of Communication says nothing about telepathy. You have to actually talk/whisper to each other through it. Unfortunate weakness, at least in stealthy situations, but still a very worthwhile item for its cost.

Btw, psionics does Telepathic Bond much better than arcane magic. Check out the Mindlink power -- better than Rary's, and it's a Level 1 Power. So you can get a custom magic item to provide constant telepathy within the party much cheaper if you can find a Telepath item creator.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, a psionic item anyway. Sort of a risky proposition to check if they're using psionics rules in a world though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide