New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Dreamscape [ACRO]

The dreamscape. Some believe it to be a different plane of existance, one that can only be reached by the minds of the dreamers, others believe it can be reached physicaly, a moment upon which the paradises of dreams and the hells of nightmares, harmless to the dreaming mind, become dangerous reality to it's visitors.

The dreamscape, ever flowing, ever shifting, never the same, after each creature falls asleep, and after it awakes.

Das Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dreamscape... Is the dreaming world. Yes. Pretty much. It is infinite in possibility, and entering, or leaving, it is just a matter of finding the nearest spot to sleep.

Dream shenanigans are infinit ein possibility. But beware the nightmares. And beware thee who dares enter the dream with your own flesh.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dreamscape [ACRO]

Reinholdt arrives. In cat form? Human form? It's hard to tell in the dream world. Yet should be so much easier. He looks. No he was a cat. He was always a cat in the dreams. Odd, that this one should feel like it's different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Alas, whatever dreams Reinholdt had, it matters not, for the Ash of the Aspect pervades it all. And soon, all scenaries, all beings, fade into the dark embrace of utter emptyness.

But even in this utter dark, of course one can see himself, and whoever else might be there, even if it takes an eternity of a single second to notice another being.

In the emptyness, a creature the likes of which Reinholdt probably never saw (really, I don't remember if he did). A swirling darkness in the dark, topped by an ashen head with vicious jaws and glowing eyes, and a mane of feelers behind a crown of horns, with four armless hands and no feet.

The Aspect remains silent.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt takes a look around at the emptiness. Well... it's rather empty. And that thing... from the old god fight, the one that caused the shockwave that knocked him unconscious, is here. Huh. "Never thought I'd see you again. Where am I? And who are you?" He's not really afraid yet because he's pretty sure this is just a dream. He thinks. It's rather unusual for actual beings to call him into an actual void.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Forgot that.

The Aspect remains silent.

In the endless void, a star light up in the distance, followed by another, and uncountable more, until a world appears bellow Reinholdt and the Aspect, and suddenly, the two are standing in the surface of the planet.

Well, Reinholdt is standing, the Aspect floats, no feet and all.

The Aspect looks around, it is a city, the inhabitants stuck in place, as if time were stopped, most going hapilly about their lives, well, save for the fact that they are timestopped.

As good a place to start as any. Welcome home, Reinholdt.

The inhabitants are cats.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"Home?!"

Reinholdt's stomach lurches as he looks around. "No! This place was destroyed! Calublufiok told me! We activated the star!" Yet, despite his terror and despair, of which there is plenty as this just should not be, could not be, he is intrigued. He looks closely at one of the time-stopped cats, reaching out to feel. "How?" It couldn't be real. It just couldn't.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

The Aspect would smile. But that is not really possible with kyorl'zuraj jaws.

The timestopped scenario swiftly advances in time, to the point where the city was razed, the people suffered, and finally, when Cal activated the Star.

Is this what you wished to see?

The Aspect can, however, laugh, a clicking sound made by it's jaws clattering against each other.

This place ended up pretty interesting, indeed. Maybe I should send Fimbul to this world soon. Rebuild, and all those corpses will be very useful.

Tell me, what did your people think of the afterlife Reinholdt?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, this isn't what I wish to see at all." "It's over! Done with! Long ago. They don't... They don't have..."

Reinholdt growls. "I have no idea what afterlife you're referring to. When the universe was destroyed, so were the afterlives. Calublufiok assured me of that! And I wouldn't know even if they did have one."

Of course, the idea of all the people Reinholdt's killed having afterlives frightens him to no end. And we all know Calublufiok was something of a manipulative, almost pathological, liar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Even after the star was activated. Calublufiok could walk the devastated landscape and behold the fruits of your work. Everything alive was killed, but the land itself remained.

What makes you believe this isn't what happened after you forsook this place?

A disembodied hand raised itself above Draken's head, and fired a beam of deep ebon flames up, releasing it's energy into the sky.

Reinholdt will see the corpses twitch, and move, powered by unlife in the cold world.

The scenario changes, it moves to the castle, where the same is happening, all of the fallen returning as undead. Returning to what they were doing before their untimely deaths.

Glorious... Mshhhret'k'k'k'k'k'k. The war rages on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"I..." Reinholdt's mouth twitches, unsure.

He watches with equal awe and horror as Draken undeadifies the entire planet. "NO!!" Reinholdt runs back and forth from undead cat to undead cat, trying to convince himself Draken didn't. That they aren't undead, despite their actions. "NONONONO!! They're supposed to be at peace! It was supposed to be over! All over! Why are you doing this?!" Calublufiok used to create undead, but always on a small scale. Always in a way that Reinholdt could pretend to justify looking away for the greater good.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Why, of course they are, it is what you did isn't it?

The undead and the buildings start to erode, being reduced to sand and dragged away by non-existant winds. Soon, it is all back to the dark void.

Stars appear again, but this time, and again, the two crash down towards a world, Acronym this time. With everyone stuck in time.

This place is being so problematic to me. Oh, how I wish this end you hope for is limited to this world alone.

Sprint off to the Citadel, where Rein will be able to see, well, hat is going on in the Citadel now.

So. You are a father aren't you? I recall that is an important event for you mammals. Shame your experience will be short lived isn't it?

A handwave and the entire glass citadel conflagrates in the same ebon flames, all of it's many denizens going about peacefully about their lives even as the flames consume them, and spread all over Acronym.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt's stomach twists. Just what is he saying? That he'll turn them all into undead afterwards?

"You don't know how long we have! It could be... years or something. No one ever said. There's still time! I... I can still be a father..." Why is he doing this? Reinholdt watches, pained as the people in the Citadel, as Sheperd, catches onto ebony flames. It's the fact they're not reacting that lets him know this isn't real. That it's still alright.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Not really, the undead thing was just that fun.

The flames die in a few minute,s leaving behind the charred land, and a bunch of carbonized images in the peaceful positions that they were in as the flames did their grim work.

Why? Why extend it? Isn't this what you wish? Peace? Eternal, perfect, lifeless. Why bring more life into the world, I ask.

A clenching of a claw and Draken reduces carbonized-Turtle's head to dust.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt winces and looks away, unspeaking. It was extremely rare to have to watch, Calublufiok usually being the only one who could in those situations, while he was on the next teleport out.

"Just... you know... to enjoy it a little... maybe?" A tear rolls down his cheek. To be honest, he hasn't a clue what he wants anymore. It was all so confusing. Whenever he used to have second thoughts, or people through speeches at him about finding happiness again or roller coasters, the memories came back, vivid... painful. But lately that hasn't been happening.

Cause his lucky star's missing of course. He hasn't recognized that bit yet though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

The Aspect looms over Reinholdt, howling with the wrath of a tornado, it's voice locked into a destructive tone that causes the scenery itself to crumble back into darkness.

HYPOCRITE!

Seriously. What did you expect?

Around Reinholdt, ghostly versions of himself, al repeating those speeches he always gives, about how all happiness is just a trap and stuff.

You servant races never cease to amuse me in how pathetic you can be! How easy it is for a feeble feeling to sway your beliefs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt instinctively hisses and raises his fur as the aspect gets all looming and doom and shouting. He turns to run, but doesn't really get very far what with being surrounded by images repeating the stuff he's said. He backs into the center of the circle as all his own thoughts start badgering him.

"Shut up. Shut up!" He covers his ears with his paws, crouching down, trying to make himself as small as possible, burying his head downwards, like an ostrich might. "I know it's a lie! I know it! It's just..." feels so different this time. Like there's a chance it might not be. Because... because it was just a kid. How could it be lying to him already? How could Shepherd be using him?

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! Leave me alone..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Draken hovers down, almost looking like he is crouching. Everything fades into empty darkness again.

You are pathetic beyond measure cat. So I will finish this little show with a grand truth.

This. All around you, is what you seek, emptyness, solitude, oblivion. But know it, know it now, and never say I am not without mercy, that this is MY realm, and that this is NOT a place of peace.

Bellow Reinholdt, the non-existing floor lits itself into a titanic eye of blue fire, the iris opening into a maw of umbral teeth.

And Reinholdt will fall.

And fall.

And fall.

And wake up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

It was always different when Calublufiok showed him oblivion. Quiet. Empty. Peaceful. Lacking the big scary Draken monster. Whether Calublufiok showed Reinholdt lies or just missed Draken due to the size of oblivion or something else, Cal takes that secret with him to his grave.

Reinholdt screams. A lot. Didn't even have time to refute the pathetic claims. And he continues screaming until his harsh awakening.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

After accidentally receiving a double dose of the sleeping medicine ambien, Chelonie has drifted into bizarre and extremely vivid dreams.

Feel free to have dream versions of your characters show up and interact with her.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh hey Happy! Me and your Uncle Raven got married!" Calublufiok runs up and huggles Chelonie. "Anyways, gotta run. We have a village to destroy. It's the best honeymoon EVER!" He dashes off.

Dreams make no sense.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Sapphire blasts itself from the floor of Chelonie's dreamscape, forming a distinctly shaped spire. Which cackles.

"HYAHYAHYAHYA! I HAVE RETURNED!"

Said spire is shaped like a toten made of Bushranger's characters' faces.

"He... He... Wait. this is not right. I am not supposed to be like this!"

Cue the sapphire shattering.
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-05-26 at 11:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Corentin Apollinaire, Gentleman Adventurer, is standing in a corner of Chelonie's dreamscape. He appears to be standing in a replica of the security room scene where Chelonie leaped at Irene. "Madam, you have killed Irene. She is gone. "

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

"Who the hell is Irene?"

Chelonie looks around. Oooh, Sapphire. Pretty.

"Are you for the rings? My own wedding ring is sapphire you know,"
    she tells the shards. "Except it's yellow instead of blue. I don't like blue sapphire because it reminds me of the time my arms fell off."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yea, I know of the time your arms fell off."

The shards gather again, the the form of a large spork with the head stuck on the floor, the hilt aiming towards Chelonie.

"Chelonie. I am your weapon. Coosh."

Yes, it actually says "coosh" trying to mimic the sound of a human breathing heavily, but failing at the job.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"No, I can't go to war today. I need to buy a wedding present. Oh god, I bet Reinholdt is going to be the best man, and they'll make us dance." >.<

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"A dance my fair lady? Why certainly."

Reinholdt the KITTY in a nifty little kitty tux appears and politely offers his paw.

It should be noted that if Happy takes it, suddenly they both seem the right size for dancing with each other. No idea if Happy shrinks or Reinholdt grows though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

A voice comes out of nowhere.

What do you mourn?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Chelonie suddenly finds herself surrounded by faces. Some familiar. Some not.

A young-appearing woman in white with technicolor hair. Hm. Where'd she come from?
    Who are you?

Dani, grinning, wearing That Swimsuit.
    What do you want?

Quinn, flickering between who Chelonie is familiar with, and a younger girl with red eyes and bizzare...writhing tattoos?
    Whom do you serve?

Erin, looking at her with sad, understanding eyes and a somewhat haunted expression.
    Who do you trust?
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2009-05-27 at 04:01 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Who do you mourn as lost, never to come back?

And another voice suddenly comes out of nowhere.

For we two brothers come to say this to you: that as long as you hold them in your hearts, and remember them, you are entrusted with their Heart.

The sources of the voices suddenly appear. Two twins- one recognisable as Daisuke, the other Takeshi, but without his Hollow mask.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-05-27 at 03:53 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi Momma! A six-year old Shepherd says, walking out of a cloud of bees, speaking in Rabbit's tones, as he clutches his school lunchboc eagerly.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.