New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Going Epic with a Factotum

So, I'm in a campaign, playing a straight Factotum and loving it. However, we just reached epic, and Factotums have no Epic level progression written into the book. And because Factotum class features don't progress at regular intervals, I don't really see myself gaining very much by continuing to go Factotum (Except for the Class Features I simulate with Cunning Brilliance).

So, should I try to cook up some sort of Epic Progression, should I find a good PRC, or should I just take levels in another base class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Going Epic with a Factotum

Start taking levels in Chameleon. I mean, you're already a Factotum 20, so that's about the only that can make you MORE versatile.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Going Epic with a Factotum

If there's no official Epic progression, start taking a prestige class instead. Any attempt to create a progression for an irregular class is going to be rife with problems, especially the Factotum because of Font of Inspiration. If there's no Epic progression, you stop that class at 20.

It's not like D&D is short of other choices, after all.