New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Tactics behind barriors, using magic safely

While the title suggests any type of magical (arcane in this case) attacks behind, or under the effects of defensive spells, and I appreciate any imput people have learned over the years...my specific question is this. What kinds of spells can you do behind a Prismatic Sphere? As I understand it, even the wizard who casts it can't effect things outside of it, but can move through it. My character as of now has the Invisible Spell feat, and eventually I want to use the various Prismatic Sphere/Wall and other spells invisibly, so I don't lose line-of-sight, but I'm not sure what I'm limited by. Any suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tactics behind barriors, using magic safely

Quote Originally Posted by Korivan View Post
    While the title suggests any type of magical (arcane in this case) attacks behind, or under the effects of defensive spells, and I appreciate any imput people have learned over the years...my specific question is this. What kinds of spells can you do behind a Prismatic Sphere? As I understand it, even the wizard who casts it can't effect things outside of it, but can move through it. My character as of now has the Invisible Spell feat, and eventually I want to use the various Prismatic Sphere/Wall and other spells invisibly, so I don't lose line-of-sight, but I'm not sure what I'm limited by. Any suggestions?
    You also have to worry about line of effect which walls also block not just line of sight.

Flavorwise you might want to look at the Initiate of the Seven Fold Veil Prc. Basically it's a wizard that can bring up different walls to guard himself. Powerwise, you won't be sorry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    OotS Fan-fiction (An alternate OotS-verse starting after page 603. If you want to read it go here)

bad Erf-poetry

and other sillyness.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

...I seem to recall another metamagic feat that caused a spell to emenate from a different point(Cityscape, maybe). Worth looking into.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

4. - Top - End - #4

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    ...I seem to recall another metamagic feat that caused a spell to emenate from a different point(Cityscape, maybe). Worth looking into.
    THATS IT!!!!! Thanks. Also...I'm looking at that Initiate of the 7 veil thing...I like. I've always loved the prismatic stuff. Should look into that and grabbing that garb thats Prismatic like too...

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Red like a rose or red like a radish"

"Ah, ha!!! I think he is trying to tell me something!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    OotS Fan-fiction (An alternate OotS-verse starting after page 603. If you want to read it go here)

bad Erf-poetry

and other sillyness.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterOfTheGod View Post
    "Red like a rose or red like a radish"

"Ah, ha!!! I think he is trying to tell me something!"
    +1! Thank you for reaffirming my faith in humanity by quoting one of my guilty pleasures!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon